It'S Over 50 As Of This Morning

Now I am confused.

I've just started a job in Singapore that is salaried in US$. Most of this income will probably be spent in Thailand !

Simon

Just pay as you go and keep a u.s. dollar account. There will be no qe3 so the dollar should get much stronger this year.

>>Next stop 80,but maybe a long haul,at 11 this morn 50.022 at ATM <<

Why are so many Brits optimistic about sterling .The British Government is in serious debt .Sterling has been hanging at around 49.5 baht for about 6 months now ,and then people get excited when it jumps a little to 50 in one odd day .

My bet is on Sterling continue to go down against the baht ,unless Thailand has big political problems which is possible ( but i hope will not happen ) .

Why are so many Brits optimistic about sterling .The British Government is in serious debt .Sterling has been hanging at around 49.5 baht for about 6 months now ,and then people get excited when it jumps a little to 50 in one odd day .

My bet is on Sterling continue to go down against the baht ,unless Thailand has big political problems which is possible ( but i hope will not happen ) .

Might have hit the nail on the head with the last bit. Who know's?????

It will make my purchase of the Super Sue or whatever it's called apartments cheaper

I bought Scottish pounds at 49.3, the Brit pounds was at 50.20.

Scottish pounds can be exchanged at most banks in England 1 for 1. It is legal tender but some people do not accept it, which is illegal.

Edited by beano2274

Scottish pounds can be exchanged at most banks in England 1 for 1. It is legal tender but some people do not accept it, which is illegal.

Once Scotland goes independant Scottish £s will be worth 20 pence

Scottish notes are Sterling same as english ones, it's only ignorance that anyone thinks they are any different value wise ! ! and strangely enough the Bank of england was founded by a Scotsman - William Paterson.

Scottish notes are Sterling same as english ones, it's only ignorance that anyone thinks they are any different value wise ! ! and strangely enough the Bank of england was founded by a Scotsman - William Paterson.

The bank of England was indeed founded by a Scotsman - William Patterson, his motto being it would be a "Fund of Perpetual Interest" which means the country would always owe the bank money, pretty sharp business man! some 300 years later the privately run Bank of England is still raking in the money, though the owners have changed.

Edited by CGW

i noted in the other paper Morgan Stanley and others were advocating that investors should sell Thai stocks and take the profit now

they were intimating the future might not be so rosy under a new government

this may be part of the reason why the baht is on the slide

i am sure Naam will pop up and give us some guidance.........

Scottish pounds are equivalent in value to English ones. They are also legal tender - in Scotland. In England they are promissory notes, and as such can be rejected as payment for a debt.

Scottish pounds are equivalent in value to English ones. They are also legal tender - in Scotland. In England they are promissory notes, and as such can be rejected as payment for a debt.

Nonsense, Scottish and English notes are both Sterling, both legal tender in the UK and both are promisary notes - that is why they both have "promise to pay the bearer on demand" printed on them.

But enough of that - i see the rate dropping again this morning :huh:

And it's a real teuchter that wid buy Sassenach poons when the Scottish anes are chaper.

Smert chiel that beano, eh?

The final word on this off-topic debate.

The legal position with regard to Scottish Banknotes is as follows:

Scottish Banknotes are legal currency – i.e. they are approved by the UK Parliament. However, Scottish Bank notes are not Legal Tender, not even in Scotland. In fact, no banknote whatsoever (including Bank of England notes!) qualifies for the term 'legal tender' north of the border and the Scottish economy seems to manage without that legal protection.

You can read all about it here at scotbanks.org.uk

]

and don't forget the massive devaluation of the GBP at the hands of two other kiltwearers, Bruin and his Darling.

And you forgot the 3rd Scotsman who helped turn Britain into what it is today---- TONY BLAIR