Rugby World Cup?

Hi all, I have just moved and am sorting out my TV options. I am thinking of going for a true package this time, but only really want it to watch the football (when it starts again) and the rugby world cup, does anybody have any idea if I will be able to watch the rugby world cup on True???????Previously I could watch all the epl on cable in Sisaket but do not have that option here (Kaset Wisai, Roiet)so am going for satellite. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by nellyp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know what channels True offer - if EuroSport is included, they are the ones saying they are showing the RWC

TF1, France Télévisions and CANAL+ are pleased to announce the signature of an agreement on the broadcast rights for the 2011 IRB Rugby World Cup. Under the agreement, the TF1 Group, exclusive owner of the rights for the 2011 Rugby World Cup, is ceding part of its rights to France Télévisions and CANAL+, which will broadcast 28 out of the 48 matches of the competition.

TF1, which broadcasts the biggest sports events, is airing its fives Rugby World Cup. The Group will propose enhanced editorial coverage based on an exclusive 360 offering (TV, Internet, mobile telephony, tablets and catch-up TV) that brings viewers comprehensive content on all Group channels and media, including TF1, Eurosport, LCI and tf1.fr.

TF1 will broadcast live 20 World Cup matches, including the key group-phase matches – of which three French team games – and two quarterfinals (between the teams from France’s group). TF1 will air exclusively and live the semi-final and third-place matches and the final. It will also broadcast the opening and closing ceremonies and the trophy presentation live.

The TF1 Group is delighted with the agreement, which enables it to cover the event via all of its editorial platforms and thus bring the public total coverage of the Rugby World Cup:

- On TF1: along with the matches themselves, the channel will broadcast special

reports in its 1 pm and 8 pm news shows, with coverage building up ahead of the

event. During the competition, TF1 will air a magazine focusing on the matches.

- On Eurosport: TV viewers will get coverage of the entire event with re-broadcasts of

all 48 matches and a daily talk show live at 10.30 pm.

I couldn't get any info on Astro, the Malaysian satellite channel that you should be able to get in Thailand; too early, I think. Anyway, they carry Eurosport. At the very least, I am optimistic that they will have it on a separate subscription. I suppose I should be saving my leave...

SC

^ I have Setanta Astro SuperSports as well as EuroSport on cable tv, and it seems Setanta are not showing RWC

However, as always . . .anything could happen.

From their website

Setanta Sports is a must for all rugby union fans in Asia.

Watch live and exclusive coverage of the RBS Six Nations, the Magners League, the Aviva Premiership, Super Rugby, the Amlin Challenge Cup, the ITM Cup, the Currie Cup, as well as the Tri-Nations and the November Internationals.

Edited by genghis61

Astro has announced they will show the World Cup. And in HD as well!

Although there are no details, I'll bet every game is available live on one of their Pay Per View packages on Astro Box Office Sports.

http://www.astro.com.my/mypackages/articles/art_5157.html

Any bar that has Astro will certainly pay for this package.

So far, True has not announced any plans to cover this.

Astro has announced they will show the World Cup. And in HD as well!

Although there are no details, I'll bet every game is available live on one of their Pay Per View packages on Astro Box Office Sports.

http://www.astro.com...s/art_5157.html

Any bar that has Astro will certainly pay for this package.

So far, True has not announced any plans to cover this.

I'm hoping it will be free, like the Commonwealth Games, but some of the recent cricket was additional charge.

Money well spent, I suppose, if it saves me going to the pub to watch it, and I end up having a couple of pints and then off down Soi Cowboy... and I won't need to hide the scissors, either

SC

• 2 months later...

ESPN STAR Sports awarded RWC Asia rights

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Rugby World Cup Limited (RWCL) has announced the appointment of ESPN STAR Sports as broadcast rights holders for Rugby World Cup 2011 to be held in New Zealand.

Under the deal, ESPN STAR Sports will broadcast all 48 matches live across 13 territories in Asia, ensuring that sports fans will see every try, tackle and pass of Rugby's premier event.

Edited by Atmos

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Rugby World Cup Limited (RWCL) has announced the appointment of ESPN STAR Sports as broadcast rights holders for Rugby World Cup 2011 to be held in New Zealand.

Under the deal, ESPN STAR Sports will broadcast all 48 matches live across 13 territories in Asia, ensuring that sports fans will see every try, tackle and pass of Rugby's premier event.

So - will they be shown on TRUE ?

Any news on whether TRUE will be showing the World Cup ?

Wednesday 17 August 2011

If Thailand is one of those 13 territories then yes, ESPN/StarSports is available on Truevisions, so the RWC will be shown on True.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Wednesday 17 August 2011

If Thailand is one of those 13 territories then yes, ESPN/StarSports is available on Truevisions, so the RWC will be shown on True.

Thank you BB for that. I am sorry to be a 'thicko' but I don't understand all the franchises - you have very kindly clarified it for me.

Hi -I couldn't answer re True, so didn't guess - we get cable CTV (Chanthaburi TV) includes EuroSport and AstroSuperSport1, ESPN not an option.

Anyway - EuroSport has it so Ill be ok.

Have 2 family members going to NZ on 24 Sept for the last month of matches, hugely expensive they have tickets to some big matches, travel etc in NZ plus airfares from UK.

Hi -I couldn't answer re True, so didn't guess - we get cable CTV (Chanthaburi TV) includes EuroSport and AstroSuperSport1, ESPN not an option.

Have 2 family members going to NZ on 24 Sept for the last month of matches, hugely expensive they have tickets to some big matches, travel etc in NZ plus airfares from UK.

why not check out truevisions website? easycool.gif

post-15912-0-09037800-1313829714_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

why not check out truevisions website? easycool.gif

Got my truevision book for the month of September and the World cup is on Star sports

I'm a very happy man today

Wednesday 17 August 2011

ESPN/StarSports broadcasts the English FA Cup matches*

*in all territories except Thailand

Still, glad to have it confirmed. Lets just see if TrueVisions do something unusual and actually show the programming they advertise.

There's no need to miss out when you're on holiday ...

AUCKLAND, 1 Sept. - All 48 matches of Rugby World Cup 2011 will be available live on television to fans in Antarctica, Rugby World Cup Limited (RWCL) has announced.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/newsid=2046954.html#rugby+world+cup+2011+reaches+frontiers

Good news for some, I'm sure

SC

re my post #2 - looked at next Friday's online tv schedule and no mention of RWC; looked at Eurosport Asia site and appears no coverage of RWC, may be UK/Europe Eurosport only.

No mention on the Astro Supersport channels 1-3 either.

re my post #2 - looked at next Friday's online tv schedule and no mention of RWC; looked at Eurosport Asia site and appears no coverage of RWC, may be UK/Europe Eurosport only.

No mention on the Astro Supersport channels 1-3 either.

Not sure if this link will work,

http://www.astro.com...ide.php#5314331

so I quote "(L) RWC21011: NZL v TGA"

Astro Supersport 3 (817) commencing about 1515 (THAI)

EDIT: Confirmed - the link does NOT take you to the right place

You had me quivering in dread for a moment there...

I've not confirmed the Scotland game the following morning, nor the England game in the afternoon - I will check tomorrow...

SO I think the matches ARE being shown on supersport - and also the opening ceremony prior to the match discussed above.

SC

^ I had foolishly searched on the Astro site using 'rugby' 'rugby world cup' and 'rwc' will no results . . . but yes - found the one for the opening ceremony/match next Friday on ASS 3

EDIT

just saw an advert on ASS for RWC, says games shown on ASS 2, 3 and HD channels

Edited by Atmos

What bars show the Ruby World Cup live?

The Sportsman shows some of the games (from their website):

RUGBY WORLD CUP (starting September 9)

New Zealand v Tonga, Friday, September 9 @ 03.30pm

France v Japan, Saturday, September 10 @ 01.00pm

Argentina v England, Saturday, September 10 @ 03.30pm

Australia v Italy, Sunday, September 11 @ 10.30am

Ireland v USA, Sunday, September 11 @ 01.00pm

South Africa v Wales, Sunday, September 11 @ 03.30pm

Does anyone know any other bars that show the Saturday games?

Anyone got an internet website to watch the live games on as the midweek afternoon gamse I'll be at work so witll have to watch it on my computer in the office.

i have used this site to stream live games before, to varying degrees of success:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/

you might like to check it out.

It wants me to sign up and pay money to a betting site before I can see video.

Edited by PattayaParent

^ I saw adverts for live-rugbychannel.com

but being the suspicious type did more searching and see they are listed, along with streamingrugby.com and watchliverugby.com on Online TV Scams

If anyone is currently using a streaming site that will be showing RWC, appreciate info plus costs, very wary of providing credit card info

A word from: Scam Free Internet

There’s a lot of “watch sports” online scams. You see them everywhere from Google ads to promotional pages disguised as blogs.

Here’s a simple rule, if a site asks for money or your personal information, it’s almost a guaranteed scam.

Edited by Atmos

^ I saw adverts for live-rugbychannel.com

but being the suspicious type did more searching and see they are listed, along with streamingrugby.com and watchliverugby.com on Online TV Scams

If anyone is currently using a streaming site that will be showing RWC, appreciate info plus costs, very wary of providing credit card info

A word from: Scam Free Internet

There’s a lot of “watch sports” online scams. You see them everywhere from Google ads to promotional pages disguised as blogs.

Here’s a simple rule, if a site asks for money or your personal information, it’s almost a guaranteed scam.

I paid to watch the Sevens World Cup in 2009, and was quite satisfied, but for the finals, the streaming was poort - maybe time of day in Thailand, or maybe number of people logging on; anyway, it turned out finals were on Australian Network or Star Sports anyway

SC

Wednesday 17 August 2011

I just checked the star sports tv guide and there was no mention of the opening game.

Anyone know if there has been a change of plan?

Saying that, on the truevision site it is listed

http://www.truevisionstv.com/enhance.aspx?enhance_id=1846

Edited by bangkaew

Wednesday 17 August 2011

I just checked the star sports tv guide and there was no mention of the opening game.

Anyone know if there has been a change of plan?

Saying that, on the truevision site it is listed

http://www.truevisio...enhance_id=1846

If it's NOT listed in the TrueVisions magazine they there's a better chance that it WILL be shown than if it WAS listed in the magazine