Rugby World Cup?

oh well thats it for another 4years,close yes but it was the same with wales kicking let both teams down,saw some stamping and rakeing coming back into the game,but as i posted earlier if they are loosing they will revert to dirty play.donnyboy did you dream about frogs last night?i had a chuckle to myself taking the dog out there was one flattend on the road this morning i think or it should have been no4 :whistling:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a good final at the end of a great world cup. Why do these idiots at the IRB have to taint the final by fining France for encroaching on the Haka.

The AB's make the Haka as intimidating as possible and at the end of the day they are throwing down a challenge.

The French players stood in a 'V' formation --- they stood as one like men and proud. They did NOT disrespect the haka.

Once again the IRB show themselves to be out of touch bufoons.

That was a good final at the end of a great world cup. Why do these idiots at the IRB have to taint the final by fining France for encroaching on the Haka.

The AB's make the Haka as intimidating as possible and at the end of the day they are throwing down a challenge.

The French players stood in a 'V' formation --- they stood as one like men and proud. They did NOT disrespect the haka.

the IRB have shown they dont care what fans think,and agree that they are out of touch

they come in and stay in 5 star hotels and live lavishly on the back of the hardworking host country and rugby public who are forced to pay exorbitant ticket prices to watch games,

i wouldnt mind a look at what they racked up in their spend up

I thought the haka and the french response was superb, and agreed, there was no disrespect

the IRB have shown they dont care what fans think,and agree that they are out of touch

they come in and stay in 5 star hotels and live lavishly on the back of the hardworking host country and rugby public who are forced to pay exorbitant ticket prices to watch games,

I thought the haka and the french response was superb, and agreed, there was no disrespect

Perhaps an appropriate time to invite the IRB + FIFA + UEFA to Bangkok and drown the whole bloody lot :D

Good clip on youtube

on how to address 'the challenge'

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest, does anyone have any constructive comments on Warburton's red card? At first, I thought it was a little harsh, but it appeared that he dropped on his victim unnecessarily heavily and without due care for his safety after tipping him into the ground. I couldn't see clearly if he landed with his knee or his arm on the other player's head, but I could understand that either might justify a red card rather than a yellow.

SC

I cannot understand all the hype, one English commentator called it 'almost cheating', absolutely outrageous and has driven me to seriously make comment to ITV.

Every player watching has based the defence on certain criteria, 'Warburton is not a malicious player', 'Should have been yellow carded and if serious enough, cited after the game', 'It has ruined a great spectacle'.

Lets get something clear, it doesn't matter if he is not normally malicious, decisions are based on each and every incident, if it is a red at the time it is a red and should not be cleared up after a game by a citing committee. It doesn't matter if it ruins your enjoyment, serious foul play is serious foul play and should be treated as such, I have never heard such nonsense from so many people, because it ruined their spectacle!!

He put a very good hit on Clerc, and turned his body over, according to the rules of the game, if you upend a player it is your responsibility to put him down safely to the floor, I accept he wasn't spear tackled, however he released Clerc mid air, former players are defending this by saying he wasn't being malicious, but if he kept hold of him and put him down hard on his back, the tackle would have been fine.

Clerc landed on the back of his head and top of his shoulders, with no support from Warburton, followed it up with the flat of his hand accross Clerc's face, a further attempt at intimidation.

Lets get something very clear also, Roland is a rated top ref with Heineken cup finals behind him, top internationals and the last world cup itself, and people shouting the decision outrageous, including one Englishman calling him a cheat.

It is all sentimentality, hyperbole hogwash, it was dangerous play, right in front of a top referee, take the maudling sentimentality out of the equation, it was a straight red for a high class player who made too big a hit on a smaller player and couldn't retrieve the situation.

Stuff the equation and time of play, the laws are laws and should not be administered on the occasion or because the bloke is not normally malicious.

Warburton

And still no sanction on the English commentator calling the Rolland decision, 'almost cheating'.

Out of interest, does anyone have any constructive comments on Warburton's red card? At first, I thought it was a little harsh, but it appeared that he dropped on his victim unnecessarily heavily and without due care for his safety after tipping him into the ground. I couldn't see clearly if he landed with his knee or his arm on the other player's head, but I could understand that either might justify a red card rather than a yellow.

SC

I cannot understand all the hype, one English commentator called it 'almost cheating', absolutely outrageous and has driven me to seriously make comment to ITV.

Every player watching has based the defence on certain criteria, 'Warburton is not a malicious player', 'Should have been yellow carded and if serious enough, cited after the game', 'It has ruined a great spectacle'.

Lets get something clear, it doesn't matter if he is not normally malicious, decisions are based on each and every incident, if it is a red at the time it is a red and should not be cleared up after a game by a citing committee. It doesn't matter if it ruins your enjoyment, serious foul play is serious foul play and should be treated as such, I have never heard such nonsense from so many people, because it ruined their spectacle!!

He put a very good hit on Clerc, and turned his body over, according to the rules of the game, if you upend a player it is your responsibility to put him down safely to the floor, I accept he wasn't spear tackled, however he released Clerc mid air, former players are defending this by saying he wasn't being malicious, but if he kept hold of him and put him down hard on his back, the tackle would have been fine.

Clerc landed on the back of his head and top of his shoulders, with no support from Warburton, followed it up with the flat of his hand accross Clerc's face, a further attempt at intimidation.

Lets get something very clear also, Roland is a rated top ref with Heineken cup finals behind him, top internationals and the last world cup itself, and people shouting the decision outrageous, including one Englishman calling him a cheat.

It is all sentimentality, hyperbole hogwash, it was dangerous play, right in front of a top referee, take the maudling sentimentality out of the equation, it was a straight red for a high class player who made too big a hit on a smaller player and couldn't retrieve the situation.

Stuff the equation and time of play, the laws are laws and should not be administered on the occasion or because the bloke is not normally malicious.

Warburton

And still no sanction on the English commentator calling the Rolland decision, 'almost cheating'.

If I recall correctly he (Warburton, not the commentator) made a very similar tackle in the game against Ireland, but was fortunate (as was the Ireland player) that one of Warburton's team-mates joined the tackle and supported the tackled player on the way down. Perhaps its an opportunity to remind us all that players who are not malicious can still improve their tackling

SC