The Homepro Rip-Off !

TheWizardofRnR

Selling people a product that doesn't work properly isn't right , even in TiT !

I miss the days in the Bangkok Post when Bernard Trink would address this kind of BS !

We purchased a hood for our stove in our new business place and home from HOME Pro,

they use someone to install the hood ,

who you pay seperate , but the hood is paid for!

But it didn't work properly!

HP told my wife its not their problem , that we must contact the company.

They take no responsibility for selling you a product that only 1 of 3 speed settings works,

after 10 years the Salesperson at HP told Flower that they never had that happen before!

Improbable but not impossible I guess lol, but I haven't named the hood company for reasons that except for faulty product deployment( which unluckily does happen to my wife , poor dear) I think because Flower isn't too tall ,people bully her!

Anyway, the hood maker contacted us and informed us it'd take them 2 weeks,

and the HOME PRO takes no action at all !

Somehow this can't be right , it's not a case of "Caveat Emptor"

It's a case of HOME PRO rips off customers ,

by selling things that don't work and making you the person that has to follow up and waste time and more money ,........

the phone calls get expensive cause you must go thru 2 or 3 people on-hold before anyone at the other end

figures out who you really want to talk with.....and she speaks Thai,

no one at any salesperson position

in shopping stores or Supermarkets ever seems to know anything

about items they are selling !

Speak as you find!

I found HomePro (near Tesco) to be very accomodating with problems and refunds during my house-build. They display service standards which are far and away above what you'd normally get here.

They're no good for things like tiles, as they tend to stock end-of-lines only, and when you need that 'extra box' you're stuffed. However, for appliances, I'd say they would be my first choice. Don't know about the HomePro at Chalong, though. Wasn't open when we were using them a lot.

I asked at Homepro before buying mine, they told me that they sell it but all repairs and complaints go to the Company which manufactures the equipment, in my case it was an Italian Company and did not have a Service Centre in Thailand so I went with one that did.

I made sure I was aware about what would happen if it is was broken at the time of installation

Edited by beano2274

Speak as you find!

I found HomePro (near Tesco) to be very accomodating with problems and refunds during my house-build. They display service standards which are far and away above what you'd normally get here.

They're no good for things like tiles, as they tend to stock end-of-lines only, and when you need that 'extra box' you're stuffed. However, for appliances, I'd say they would be my first choice. Don't know about the HomePro at Chalong, though. Wasn't open when we were using them a lot.

You think selling irreplacable tiles is a good image , thats a rip off....wake up ! I've bought from them before!

This is not a honest business policy,I'm not talking about service ! It' was sent broken !

You think selling irreplacable tiles is a good image , thats a rip off....wake up ! I've bought from them before!

This is not a honest business policy,I'm not talking about service ! It' was sent broken !

How do they know if it is broken or not? Did they check it before sending it out to you, did you ever see it working?

I asked at Homepro before buying mine, they told me that they sell it but all repairs and complaints go to the Company which manufactures the equipment, in my case it was an Italian Company and did not have a Service Centre in Thailand so I went with one that did.

I made sure I was aware about what would happen if it is was broken at the time of installation

My wife wasn't told the same thing, til after it was delivered...

they tell farangs up front cause we complain and

Thais who are polite and shy don't !

How do they know if it is broken or not? Did they check it before sending it out to you, did you ever see it working?

Cause the service company HP uses , sent a guy here to install it , after he placed it ,only 2speeds worked !

My wife wasn't told the same thing, til after it was delivered...

they tell farangs up front cause we complain and

Thais who are polite and shy don't !

Did you or your wife ask?

Standard practice in Thailand. Broken means go to the manufacturer, not the shop.

I bought a small CD player from HP and it stopped working after a month or so. Took it back to the store, they tested it, then replaced it with another unit from a box on the shop floor. (they probably resold it!)

No complaints from me.

Quote...

"They take no responsibility for selling you a product that only 1 of 3 speed settings works,

after 10 years the Salesperson at HP told Flower that they never had that happen before! "

"Cause the service company HP uses , sent a guy here to install it , after he placed it ,only 2speeds worked ! "

I wouldn't worry to much at the rate your hood is miraculously "self repairing" it should be "honkey dorey" within a matter of seconds....sheeeeeeshhhhhh :lol:

We recently had a range hood installed by Home Pro Chalong,I paid them the installation fee of 550 baht

Three people arrived with the hood and installed it, it took them approx 90 minutes to do the installation

which included putting in a extra power point,when i asked if i had to pay for the power point they said it was included in Home Pros fee

Home Pro told me all warranty claims went to the manufacturers agent, located near central shopping centre

We have bought quite a few items from Home Pro recently, one of which i took back because i was not happy with it and had no problem getting a refund

I have found there customer service excellent and its our prefered place to shop

Homepro has a 14 days cash back refund thing. Bring the product and reciept back and you get a cash refund or CC refund depending on how you payed. Forget about the warranty claim. Homepro does not handle warranty, same as all retailers in TH.

One of the best appliance suppliers in TH. During construction I spend millions baht a year there. No Fuzz

and OP, if you are going to run a business here in LOS, cha cha :)

All very interesting. We need a new kitchen soon. Would anyone suggest nade-to-order, or off the shop floor?

wait for Ikea to open in bkk this year.

seen +1 million baht Thai brand name kitchens falling apart in 3 years. So do some of my less expensive Index kitchen. Crap

Or make it in solid wood with glue and screws. Or stainless steel frames with doors from Homepro in teak or white plastic

All very interesting. We need a new kitchen soon. Would anyone suggest nade-to-order, or off the shop floor?

New build, or renovation? Maybe it doesn't matter which.

I'd always go with a made-to-order. Better quality all-round, and youre only dealing with 2 people - buyer and seller. Off the shop floor generally means the shop is acting as a supplier / agent, so can take a cut which is reflected in a lower overall quality.

Mine is a teak veneer kitchen, with black granite worktops. Don't believe anyone who says they have a solid teak kitchen - if it were solid teak, it would fall off the wall! Happy to give you the name of the business who put ours in if you wish to PM me.

New build, or renovation? Maybe it doesn't matter which.

I'd always go with a made-to-order. Better quality all-round, and youre only dealing with 2 people - buyer and seller. Off the shop floor generally means the shop is acting as a supplier / agent, so can take a cut which is reflected in a lower overall quality.

Mine is a teak veneer kitchen, with black granite worktops. Don't believe anyone who says they have a solid teak kitchen - if it were solid teak, it would fall off the wall! Happy to give you the name of the business who put ours in if you wish to PM me.

od comment on solid wood. a proper wall holds a solid wood 3/4 inch redwood/makha/teak kitchen for decades or centurys. come and have a look :)

Speak as you find!

Calm down, son!! The tiles are neither broken nor irreplaceable. Many of HP's tiles are simply end-of-line stock from the likes of Cotto. If you only want a few boxes, no problem whatsoever. But, if you're doing a large project and would eventually maybe need a few more boxes to cover natural breakages or under-ordering, I'm just saying that some of HP's range will be the last made. For larger projects, I'd always go with Sang Chai / Ban Sukapan.

End-of-line stock sales happen around the world, and, to be fair, they're probably better advertised as such elsewhere. However, there's absolutely nothing wrong with what they're selling, just be careful on the quantity you potentially want.

As I say, HP is quite near the top of my list for other items I may want.

I bought a small CD player from HP and it stopped working after a month or so. Took it back to the store, they tested it, then replaced it with another unit from a box on the shop floor. (they probably resold it!)

No complaints from me.

am not working for any of those companies.

items were returned to them frequently and personally by me.

the not working items, i know for sure, they are not being resold.

they shipped the non working items back and charged back to where they came from.

however, it would be difficult to compare the working conditions and attitudes of those working in SEA and those working overseas....

it won't be fair either, would it?

however they always asked me for receipts and many times i just threw them away even before loading up on the back of my truck. :o

I find most of these places get a delivery of whatever and never test them, and send them to the customer without previously checking anything.

and this is different from any bulk white goods store in any Western country? Open every box and check that what's inside works???? Or did I read that wrong?

I find most of these places get a delivery of whatever and never test them, and send them to the customer without previously checking anything.

and this is different from any bulk white goods store in any Western country? Open every box and check that what's inside works???? Or did I read that wrong?

You must remember in the EU we have consumer protection laws which states that when you buy goods from a store you have a contract with the store and not the manufacture of the goods, so the store has to to help you but on saying that even with the law on your side some stores try and fob you off so we can get problems here to but as long as you know your rights you will win in the end.

As regards to Thailand i have had faults on some goods i bought and managed to get replacments but some shops are better than others and i will agree with the post about the quality of flat pack Thai kitchens and bedroom furniture it is very poor so if you can find someone to make it for you so much the better or wait for IKEA to open as i have found there stuff is good value

You must remember in the EU we have consumer protection laws which states that when you buy goods from a store you have a contract with the store and not the manufacture of the goods, so the store has to to help you but on saying that even with the law on your side some stores try and fob you off so we can get problems here to but as long as you know your rights you will win in the end.

As regards to Thailand i have had faults on some goods i bought and managed to get replacments but some shops are better than others and i will agree with the post about the quality of flat pack Thai kitchens and bedroom furniture it is very poor so if you can find someone to make it for you so much the better or wait for IKEA to open as i have found there stuff is good value

Had Index visit today to check warranty claim on 3 kitchens in rental apartments. 3 years old. Falling apart, doors and drawers, damaged from humidity all surfaces bubbling. Index claim they are more likely damaged from cleaning with water, but can not explain why this happens on top of the cupboards to, where boxes and stuff is stored. These kitchen where installed by Index, and have been cleaned twice a week by our maid. She knows how to do.

No conclusion on warranty claim yet, Index stickers still visible on kitchen front, will let you know if they choose to repair or replace

In comparison I purchased my first Ikea kitchens in Scandinavia 1984, also for rentalpartments. All of them are still in use and all of them look better today almost 30 years old than Index do after 3 years.

Looking forward to find Ikea in BKK this year :)

Had Index visit today to check warranty claim on 3 kitchens in rental apartments. 3 years old. Falling apart, doors and drawers, damaged from humidity all surfaces bubbling. Index claim they are more likely damaged from cleaning with water, but can not explain why this happens on top of the cupboards to, where boxes and stuff is stored. These kitchen where installed by Index, and have been cleaned twice a week by our maid. She knows how to do.

No conclusion on warranty claim yet, Index stickers still visible on kitchen front, will let you know if they choose to repair or replace

In comparison I purchased my first Ikea kitchens in Scandinavia 1984, also for rentalpartments. All of them are still in use and all of them look better today almost 30 years old than Index do after 3 years.

Looking forward to find Ikea in BKK this year :)

So whats the best place to go as of now.. we need a kitchen in a month or two.. Mostly in wood and american style.

So whats the best place to go as of now.. we need a kitchen in a month or two.. Mostly in wood and american style.

Seems to me some of the really good looking kitchen benches, cupboards & drawers are made with chipboard which you cannot see due to some nice material on the outside but eventually the damp gets in with the high humidity & then they deteriorate quite quickly. I would suggest a good cabinetmaker. I recently did a renovation on a home where we used a cabinetmaker throughout the house including the kitchen. He came up with some good ideas & drawings plus you can specify what wood you want to use so it will last. PM if you would like his contact details. Pleasant, honest & speaks good English.