Cable Tv/high Speed Internet

noctiluca

I figure I try this in this forum, too. If it's not the appropriate forum, I apologize. I wonder if anyone would kindly answer a question for me. I am searching for an apartment/Condo for rent right now. I just want to know how apartment things work in Bangkok. Specifically, let's say if an apartment does not offer Cable TV/UBC or if not Internet (DSL) ready, is it possible to have these services installed in the apartment unit ourselves, with us shouldering the cost, of course. If it is possible, is it worth doing it, considering the installation, deposit, monthly fee, etc., providing that we'll be staying at least six months? I know it probably varies from one apt to another, but I just wonder, in practice, can it be done, or do they usually allow it? Any suggestion or recommendation for these services, i.e. what to watch out for or what kind of instrument would be needed in an apartment, would greatly be appreciated.

some appartments allow it, some don't.. You will need to ask them..

UBC is about a 5'000 deposit + 1st months rental to get going + depending on which area you are in, you may be able to tap into the cable network for free for which you will only need a box costing 7'000 and there will be no monthly cost..

As far as the internet goes, True will only install a line if you have a work permit, or registration documents for a Thai business I think theirs are still free, however TOT will install a line for anyone with 5'000 baht @ the ready :o