Mark Hughes Resigns As Fulham Manager

Lite Beer

Hughes resigns as Fulham manager

_53111545_012045754-1.jpg

Fulham manager Mark Hughes has resigned after less than a year in charge at Craven Cottage.

Hughes has been linked with the vacant job at Aston Villa, although the Midlands club have denied making any contact with the Welshman.

The 47-year-old also denied that he had been approached by another club before he chose to quit.

Full Story

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2011-06-03

He denies any approach made by another club does he? :rolleyes: I think Fulham was a better fit for a couple of seasons, than a move to errrrh...lets say...maybe Villa....i remember at City some of his tactical decisions were simply dreadful. He has potential but still a lot to learn.

villa don't want him though. so he's left without a job. very strange decision this. can't say i've ever particularly liked him though, seems very arrogant for one who's done so little as a manager.

I think it is all about money with Mark Hughes. Or does he think he is going to get SAF's Job, or be Chelski's manager.

His resume does not look that good, cannot stay in a job for very long.

i remember at City some of his tactical decisions were simply dreadful. He has potential but still a lot to learn.

Yep. At the time he was at City, my daughter was 1 yr old and even she threw her milk bottle at the TV in disgust at some of the "tactical" decisions he would make !!

I feel sorry for Fulham , they did much better under Roy Hodgson.

Why cant managers in England try to stay in the same club for years , like Alex Ferguson . Will be better for the club in the long run.

Why cant managers in England try to stay in the same club for years , like Alex Ferguson . Will be better for the club in the long run.

Because managers aspire to manage big clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham, and they use smaller clubs like Fulham (and to a slightly lesser degree Chavski) as a stepping stone.

Seriously though, its more a case of some of these guys wanting to run before they can walk. In their defense you also have to take into account the fickle nature of some of the owners and i would offer Ashleys sacking of Chris Hughton as a point in case.

Because managers aspire to manage big clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham, and they use smaller clubs like Fulham (and to a slightly lesser degree Chavski) as a stepping stone.

Seriously though, its more a case of some of these guys wanting to run before they can walk. In their defense you also have to take into account the fickle nature of some of the owners and i would offer Ashleys sacking of Chris Hughton as a point in case.

In a lot of case - Chelsea for instance - I am not convinced that the owners even deserve a decent manager.

It will be interesting to see whether someone like Moyes who has a long track record of consistently punching above his weight as a manager as well as being loyal to the underlying club, actually ever gets a top club to manage or whether he is considered too inexperienced because he hasnt jumped around enough. Or just simply too boring.

Or even a case in point!!!!

I'm really not sure about Moyes and his ability to take his management skills to the next level. Reminds me a little of Curbishly. i suppose i can't see where he'd go as a step up from Everton.

"Because managers aspire to manage big clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham"

There the Spuds go again - one entertaining season in the CL and they think ... etc etc. I'm sure you didn't expect to get away with that one Carmine :rolleyes:.

Uh - hang on a minute - now I come to think of it I'm not sure you are a Spud

Edited by SantiSuk

It is interesting to think that Chelsea are 'apparently' looking at 2 64 year olds to take over as the new Chelsea manager - Hiddink and Harry - doesnt exactly sound like a club planning for the long term does it? Still nothing new.

Mark Hughes is simply a product of the current culture of professional football, clubs and players show very little loyalty and fans see management longevity (examples above: Alan Curbishly & David Moyses, this pair did and are doing a fantastic job with limited resources) as a weakness, unless you have a large trophy haul.

Hughes was sacked whilst pretty much on track with the City plan. There are hundreds of examples of player, manager & club greed, lack of loyalty and unrealistic expectations.

Arry brought pride back to WHL for the first time in decades, fantastic and unforgettable European nights and a 5th place finish and he is spoke of like he messed up………………

Hughes, what else should we expect really?

"Because managers aspire to manage big clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham"

There the Spuds go again - one entertaining season in the CL and they think ... etc etc. I'm sure you didn't expect to get away with that one Carmine :rolleyes:.

Uh - hang on a minute - now I come to think of it I'm not sure you are a Spud

Now this post i like. We all know the followers of the woolwich have little or no sense of humour but in this post i can also feel the bitterness. Gooners with great big chips on their shoulders. :crying:

Anyway, if you're not sure i'm a spud what do you think i am then? Half human half vulcan?

Heres hoping you get a nightmare draw in your CL qualifier, and the man that does'nt understand the concept of losing with dignity, the past his time hypocrite Monsieur Wenger, throws the toys out again, and makes a complete tit of himself once more. :D

It is interesting to consider what exactly Hughes is up to. After all he looks rendering himself a total prick if he ends with no job at all. Mid table clubs are going to be somewhat reluctant to offer a job to a manager that obviously feels he is too good for them.

If any of this vaguely rings any bells it should. Because the one salient fact behind Hughes is that his agent is none other than Kia Joorabchian (Carlos Tevez's agent.) Hence of course Man City where for a time the slug had control of all the comings and goings.

The question has always been who is behind Kia (he is afterall a relatively humble public school boy.) There is not doubt that he has been financed by Boris Berezosky (russian oligarch/mafia) - friends and partner with Abromavich during the 1990s. (The link between the two though may not really go much beyond russian/mafia/oligarch/football.)

Anyways if Hughes ends up at Chelsea either as manager or head coach dont be surprised and then if Chelsea end up buying Tevez we will know everyone is having a laff.

I admit it is a pretty crap conspiracy theory as things go but I see it has caught the imagination of the Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394369/Chelsea-want-Guus-Hiddink-Mark-Hughes-deliver-Champions-League-glory.html?

It is interesting to consider what exactly Hughes is up to. After all he looks rendering himself a total prick if he ends with no job at all. Mid table clubs are going to be somewhat reluctant to offer a job to a manager that obviously feels he is too good for them.

If any of this vaguely rings any bells it should. Because the one salient fact behind Hughes is that his agent is none other than Kia Joorabchian (Carlos Tevez's agent.) Hence of course Man City where for a time the slug had control of all the comings and goings.

The question has always been who is behind Kia (he is afterall a relatively humble public school boy.) There is not doubt that he has been financed by Boris Berezosky (russian oligarch/mafia) - friends and partner with Abromavich during the 1990s. (The link between the two though may not really go much beyond russian/mafia/oligarch/football.)

Anyways if Hughes ends up at Chelsea either as manager or head coach dont be surprised and then if Chelsea end up buying Tevez we will know everyone is having a laff.

I admit it is a pretty crap conspiracy theory as things go but I see it has caught the imagination of the Mail.

http://www.dailymail...gue-glory.html?

If Mark Hughes is the next Chavski manager it will confirm to me that football has finally gone totally mad. For some reason, and i for one certainly don't know what it is or why, but Hughes really rates himself as a manger. He's a fool and Fulham was a perfect fit for him as he's along way from being a big club manager.

On the other hand i would'nt be surprised where Tevez turns up.

However, anything written in the Mail is normally a load of cobblers anyway.

If Mark Hughes is the next Chavski manager it will confirm to me that football has finally gone totally mad. For some reason, and i for one certainly don't know what it is or why, but Hughes really rates himself as a manger. He's a fool and Fulham was a perfect fit for him as he's along way from being a big club manager.

On the other hand i would'nt be surprised where Tevez turns up.

However, anything written in the Mail is normally a load of cobblers anyway.

Well it is interesting that the bookies now have Hughes and Hiddink neck and neck

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/chelsea-specials/next-permanent-manager

As I see it Hiddink will be DOF or Manager and Hughes will be Manager or Head Coach.

It would in fact make some sense for Abromavich who would finally have his own lap dog care of Joorabchian. Joorabchian for those who havent heard of him is well worth a look up. He isnt 'just an agent' - he owns the economic rights to footballers (most famously of course, Tevez.) It was also Joorabchian who brokered the link between Thaksin Shinawatra and Manchester City. He was also the man who recommended Cook as CEO to City in the first place.