Time Shares

ESB7 V The Rest

First set The Rest

I love the tennis angle, what with the French Open currently taking place. I just thinking....do you think that the likes of nadal and federer have work permits overthere in Paris? Did i detect Nadal trying to flog a couple of vilas on the Cote D'Azur in his blog yesterday?

But, talking about tennis players, what happened to Justine Henin "investment$" on Koh Samui ?!? :whistling:

I heard she got done for playing tennis in her back garden without a work permit. :D

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It really is a sore topic with some, can see the amount of posts already.......in reality, anyone with a business should embrace timeshare, it brings repeat customers to the island...also if you have a good business the staff will recommend to the customers your business, whereas if you go peeing them off they wont..........ask the Thais what they think, many are very happy with the work and business it brings to the island........

It really is a sore topic with some, can see the amount of posts already.......in reality, anyone with a business should embrace timeshare, it brings repeat customers to the island...also if you have a good business the staff will recommend to the customers your business, whereas if you go peeing them off they wont..........ask the Thais what they think, many are very happy with the work and business it brings to the island........

That is a good point regards to bringing in repaeat visitors. However i would'nt ask the Thais because i doubt many have a clue as to the workings of timeshare, the benefits to it being sold properly of the misery it can bring when not sold in the right way. Howver the point about repeat business is a valid one.

<br /><font face="Impact"><font size="7">ESB7 V The Rest</font></font><br /><br />First set     <i><b>The Rest</b></i><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I would disagree that first set was lost..........prove of working illegally would win the first set however nobody can back up their claims but I myselfe from first hand experience know that work permits are supplied to ALL staff so first set to me I thinks..........

Please tell me again why a number of the time-share salesmen were arrested by the immigration people a few years back? (I know this for a fact - as I was acquainted with two of them. They rented property next to me.)

Appeal to the chair umpire - denied. Score stands. :redcard1:

Like SilentReader embraced it;

"I had a retail shop central Chaweng and I can't count the number of times I had people just about to walk in and have a look when they were pounced on by these so called sales people. And of course in the end my the potential customer ended up walking away as soon as possible from both the silly sales person and my shop"

ESB7 V The Rest

First set The Rest

I love the tennis angle, what with the French Open currently taking place. I just thinking....do you think that the likes of nadal and federer have work permits overthere in Paris? Did i detect Nadal trying to flog a couple of vilas on the Cote D'Azur in his blog yesterday?

But, talking about tennis players, what happened to Justine Henin "investment{:content:}quot; on Koh Samui ?!? :whistling:

Wasn't it the same development that Posh and Becks were supposed to be on along with that other soccer chappie from Sweden? Sven something or other :offtopic: Sorry

Can I just ask one question. There is a mention of staff having work permits, fine as many might fall under let's say the " Hotel" umbrella, as in the ones I am aware of are marketed by such entities.

Now aren't the people working on the street commission based? Are they classified as staff? If so are they paying their taxes & the HOTEL/ ORGANISATION supplying the authorities all the relevant paper work?

Just curious.

Edited by Rooo
Spelling.

embrace timeshare! The only embracing I can imagine is you all having group hugs and lots of backslapping sending off the next mug whose lined your commission hungry pocket.

You say it brings repeat customers yet completely forget all the tourists that choose a different destination partially due to pestering prats of the timeshare variety, people want to relax on holiday not be pestered so will go elsewhere next time, given the multitude of choice these days why would they come back. The word spreads I know some of my friends just don't bother with Samui anymore why fly 11 hours to samui to have to deal with some bellend selling timseshare &lt;deleted&gt; they can do that in 2 hours by flying to spain. I'd personally never set foot in Chaweng mainly because it stinks but also due to the constant hassle whether by timeshare or other usleless human being selling shit for a living. Fortunately Samui is a big island and there are plenty of other areas to relax.

Must be time for the periodic timeshare bashing brigade to get on their high horses..................bring it on :D

Sorry to disappoint you but i really don't have a problem with timeshare as such. Its your choice to take it or leave it. What i do loathe is the pathetic sales pitch of Brit gap year students calling me mate and asking me if i'm enjoying my holiday like they really give a toss, before they blatently lie to me about what they are selling.

However, i think many "legal" expat workers here have a problem with them working here "illegally" without "work permits" when most other people have to go through the correct procedures, which ofcourse costs money aswell for a "work permit" to work here "legally." Many also feel these people make life harder for those who take the time to abide by the law. Most i've met could'nt sell water to a dying man in the Gobi desert but thats another matter altogether.

Hows that for starters? :)

I suppose you also either work or have very close friends/relatives that work at the labour office and can confirm they do not have work permits......sorry to dissapoint you but all OPCs and Reps are issued with valid work pernits so they are in fact working legally..as for gap year students, that isnt exactly correct, think you will find most are long term residents with Thai connectins...wife/children

Oh yes silly me. All of those irritating knobs that pestered me on a daily basis last time i was on Phuket all had valid permits did'nt they. :D

The only thing that disappoints me is that they are so totally unprofessional. Their sales pitch is borderline retarded,

PS The everyones a winner....oh i can'tbelieve it you've won scratch card is gutt wrenchingly aweful btw.

the funny thing is 20 odd year ago in spain,these scratch card things were used then.

any one who flys 6000 miles or more and gets stopped has been on a sales pitch,or seen this thing before is a sad &lt;deleted&gt; years ago a friend of mine used to go on 2 or 3 every holiday 200 free fags, bottle of vodka and a free week holiday,greedy want for nothings,as for the dicks on the bikes just say no or carry on walking.

im sure tea money gets them all the right permits. we are in thailand money number1 lol

I have known three people who work in this industry on Samui. One of them worked in the office selling the actual package and was supplied with a work permit after gaining her visa in Penang with all the correct paperwork, the other two worked on the streets, with the scratch cards, and were also offered the same package with visa and work permit (I have seen one work permit first hand as were taking the piddle out of our superimposed attire.

Everyone has their own opinions on the these workers but like ESB7 says it's an industry that is indeed still going because there is a call for it. If it weren't we wouldn't be having this conversation and playing tennis!

No I do not work for any time share or holiday club company and nor world I be a purchaser...

embrace timeshare! The only embracing I can imagine is you all having group hugs and lots of backslapping sending off the next mug whose lined your commission hungry pocket.

You say it brings repeat customers yet completely forget all the tourists that choose a different destination partially due to pestering prats of the timeshare variety, people want to relax on holiday not be pestered so will go elsewhere next time, given the multitude of choice these days why would they come back. The word spreads I know some of my friends just don't bother with Samui anymore why fly 11 hours to samui to have to deal with some bellend selling timseshare &lt;deleted&gt; they can do that in 2 hours by flying to spain. I'd personally never set foot in Chaweng mainly because it stinks but also due to the constant hassle whether by timeshare or other usleless human being selling shit for a living. Fortunately Samui is a big island and there are plenty of other areas to relax.

I LOVE THIS POST

Embrace me!

Repeat me!

Recommend me!

Ask the Thais what they think about timeshare . . . . . . : :unsure:

Ask the Thais what they think about the kids with piercings who are not 'working' here and who are not 'employed' pushing timeshare :huh:

Ask the Thais exactly what timeshare has ever done for them :huh:

As the Thais - 'What is timeshare?' :huh:

Lets go ask some Thais!

R

Edited by robsamui

Can I just ask one question. There is a mention of staff having work permits, fine as many might fall under let's say the " Hotel" umbrella, as in the ones I am aware of are marketed by such entities.

Now aren't the people working on the street commission based? Are they classified as staff? If so are they paying their taxes & the HOTEL/ ORGANISATION supplying the authorities all the relevant paper work?

Just curious.

It's yes and it's a no!

No - they are not on paper or documents anywhere therefore they are not employed or working.

Yes, they are working as far as Integrations are concerned - as defined by their (Immigration's) past actions.

If the boys in Lipa Noi wanted, they could wipe all the louts off the street tomorrow. But they couldn't touch the employers so easily - as the kids aren't actually employed . . . maybe . . .

(Tho I must say that's a logical deduction, rather than a citeable statement of fact.)

R

Edited by robsamui

Just curious.

It's yes and it's a no!

No - they are not on paper or documents anywhere therefore they are not employed or working.

Yes, they are working as far as Integrations are concerned - as defined by their (Immigration's) past actions.

If the boys in Lipa Noi wanted, they could wipe all the louts off the street tomorrow. But they couldn't touch the employers so easily - as the kids aren't actually employed . . . maybe . . .

(Tho I must say that's a logical deduction, rather than a citeable statement of fact.)

R

Peasants fighting over the crumbs isn;t it?

In my day the OPCs wore polo shirts and nice shorts, looked quite respectable and really did recommend a lot of the local business, like restaurants, bike rentals and different trips so it was a win all round..............if the grungies have taken over thats a sad state to get in.............the reason timeshare is popular in Thailand is its a fraction of the cost of Europe. US etc........I know and still keep in contact with people that are still very happy after 5 years or more, especially skiers that can vacate at places like the Whistler and a week costs them the same as staying one day....bad publicity from years ago in Tenerife and the Costas has marred the image and its very hard to shake off, watching Panorama in 1979 dosnt mean uthe same is happening now 30 years later.........The product is good value for many customers but I think its the OPCs resiedents have the problem with......... a good OPC earns decent money and wouldnt pitch people just walking into a shop, they would wait for them to come out....bad OPCs wont last and will be sacked...its not going to go away, if anything it will become more popular as numrous new companies are operating.....as for marketing any other way, the scratch cards work!!!...so advertising in the Samui Gazzette or similar just wouldnt work......

In my day the OPCs wore polo shirts and nice shorts, looked quite respectable and really did recommend a lot of the local business, like restaurants, bike rentals and different trips so it was a win all round..............if the grungies have taken over thats a sad state to get in.............the reason timeshare is popular in Thailand is its a fraction of the cost of Europe. US etc........I know and still keep in contact with people that are still very happy after 5 years or more, especially skiers that can vacate at places like the Whistler and a week costs them the same as staying one day....bad publicity from years ago in Tenerife and the Costas has marred the image and its very hard to shake off, watching Panorama in 1979 dosnt mean uthe same is happening now 30 years later.........The product is good value for many customers but I think its the OPCs resiedents have the problem with......... a good OPC earns decent money and wouldnt pitch people just walking into a shop, they would wait for them to come out....bad OPCs wont last and will be sacked...its not going to go away, if anything it will become more popular as numrous new companies are operating.....as for marketing any other way, the scratch cards work!!!...so advertising in the Samui Gazzette or similar just wouldnt work......

Sounds like you're out of touch with what's happening on Samui.

:boring:

Yawn.

R

Edited by robsamui

Timeshare has been on Samui for at least 10 years and is still going strong.........................how many thousands of foreign owned business of all shapes/colours/sizes have come and gone in that same period of time............supply and demand determines a business success, so it must be something the tourists want

So you're flogging time share?

Figures :whistling:

Embrace me!

Repeat me!

Recommend me!

Ask the Thais what they think about timeshare . . . . . . : :unsure:ask the thais who work for these outfits and make 3x thai wage

Ask the Thais what they think about the kids with piercings who are not 'working' here and who are not 'employed' pushing timeshare :huh: same as all the sextourists they dont care

Ask the Thais exactly what timeshare has ever done for them :huh:billions in thai baht to thai landowners

As the Thais - 'What is timeshare?' :huh:whats the capital of brazil they dont care

Lets go ask some Thais!

R

rob ritz calton have one in krabi,marriotts have about 5 and building more,they also gave over a million usd in aid when clinton and bush stayed at marriotts timeshare resort in phucket after the bigwave hit,westins have a 6 resorts you can stay in thailand banyan tree cost 150,000 usd to join have 2 in thailand ,hilton have timeshare,rainmanland are getting in on the game also ,alot of multi national companies are building in thailand,using thai builders,staff to work in all these resorts,getting suppies food produce,multi services ie telephones,internet, carpets lien and thousands of tourists who spend millions of baht.

ever watch the life of brian,what the romans ever do for us.lol we dont like the kids on the streets but timeshare has brought billions of baht in to thailand and will in the future,im a member of westins holiday club and worth every penny,i got it free not on a scratch card

Perhap ESB7 can post some case studies here. Hard to imagine such a ridiculous statement as there being a demand for Timeshare.

If those cockroaches stopped hassling people on the streets tomorrow, there would not be a single tourist on Samui asking for it.

I know some of the salesmen from the early days. Some were former backpackers. Now the detritus looks to have been exported directly from the Costas. Real lowlife. There is no value in those Timeshare deals, whatever ESB7 would have us believe.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Perhap ESB7 can post some case studies here. Hard to imagine such a ridiculous statement as there being a demand for Timeshare.

If those cockroaches stopped hassling people on the streets tomorrow, there would not be a single tourist on Samui asking for it.

I know some of the salesmen from the early days. Some were former backpackers. Now the detritus looks to have been exported directly from the Costas. Real lowlife. There is no value in those Timeshare deals, whatever ESB7 would have us believe.

If there is no value...please post a few prices and what you receive for it?????..and let others judge if its good value

One of the reasons I never visit Patong whilst in Phuket. Fair enough, it's not only the time share sellers there but everybody wants to shake your hand there and is your friend. Horrible and a real party pooper for me. Chaweng can be like that but just a fraction of what Patong is like.

On ESB7's defense, I know a few guys who work the streets and do have Thai wifes and kids here on the island. Haven't seen the new truckloads/shipments of streetwise guys tho.

One of the reasons I never visit Patong whilst in Phuket. Fair enough, it's not only the time share sellers there but everybody wants to shake your hand there and is your friend. Horrible and a real party pooper for me. Chaweng can be like that but just a fraction of what Patong is like.

On ESB7's defense, I know a few guys who work the streets and do have Thai wifes and kids here on the island. Haven't seen the new truckloads/shipments of streetwise guys tho.

I was'nt aware that having a wife and kids meant you automatically recieved a work permit. it also does'nt make you a great guy selling a wonderful timeshare package. Quite why ESB7 mentions expats with wives and kids selling timeshare as though it adds legitimacy to it is beyond me. But then again i've never particularily "embraced" timeshare as such anyway.