Pheu Thai Complaint Against Multi-Coloured-Shirt Leader

Lite Beer

Having the good fortune of not being Thai and therefore have some ability to consider what may well be the future consequences of current actions, I can imagine this lady, if she reaches the giddy heights that her brother plans for her, being removed from office by the Judiciary. Massive loss of face for the Thaksin clan and even more embarrassment to Thailand - that's if anybody of relevance on the World stage takes any notice.

In a politically mature country pending court cases and public accusations usually result in candidates withdrawing until matters are resolved. I remember a Mayor of Bangkok resigning when, through a legal nicety, he became embroiled in the fire engine scandal thanks to Samak's maneuvering.

Yingluck should stay home and sit on her hands (with fingers crossed) awaiting due process - just as her one time sister in law is.

I Think that Thailand would be better off without another Shinawatra running for office, as she will be seen as a puppet for her brother's agenda, Thailand does not need an amnesty, it needs for the convicted criminal to serve his sentence in a Thai prison, He must be given the same rights as those who lost their lives in his anti-drug program and the 80 some young men that were stuffed like sardines in army trucks to be driven to prison.

How soon some forget!

A week is a long time in politics - Harold Wilson.

Probably the most relevant and honest thing he ever said.

She does have a shadowy history with regards to her brothers affairs.

Is that true? Can you point me to the proof on this, I'd like to read it.

http://www.thaivisa....ts/page__st__75

Start at about page 4 :) around post 86

The courts ruled that she was acting as a nominee ---- she is eligible for perjury charges with the SET and the courts. These are punishable by jail-time if convicted. People sentenced to jail are not eligible to be an MP -- and you must be an MP to become PM :)

The clan must think:

It's those @#%&?!!!E@_$* paper trails, AGAIN!

usual snore time then.

I doubt the Shinawatras are sleeping soundly over this. Just like the Shin sale, these traced transactions could easily be their undoing and derail their run for the top job.

kmj' timestamp='1307249695' post='4469847'

She does have a shadowy history with regards to her brothers affairs.

Is that true? Can you point me to the proof on this, I'd like to read it.

http://www.thaivisa....ts/page__st__75

Start at about page 4 :) around post 86

The courts ruled that she was acting as a nominee ---- she is eligible for perjury charges with the SET and the courts. These are punishable by jail-time if convicted. People sentenced to jail are not eligible to be an MP -- and you must be an MP to become PM :)

The clan must think:

It's those @#%&?!!!E@_$* paper trails, AGAIN!

usual snore time then.

I doubt the Shinawatras are sleeping soundly over this. Just like the Shin sale, these traced transactions could easily be their undoing and derail their run for the top job.

Yes the clan is notable for not understanding the legal paper trails they leave behind, that then get them caught out.

But with legal advisers like Noppadom, removed as FM for not understanding his own job limitations, and the pastry-gate lawyers, is any of this a surprise? Not hardly. When you hire psychophant yes men, who tell you ONLY what you want to hear, when they have advice you may not like now, but could save your bacon later, then you tend not to hear it. Especially if your advisers are afraid to deliver info you don't like for fear of being fired for making the boss unhappy.

My children, all adults by the way, hold shares in several companies, the same companies that I also hold shares in. Some were given to them by me as 21st birthday gifts, some they bought themselves with money they earned. They usually follow my advice as to when to sell or buy, does this then make them proxies for me, is this illegal?

How is this different from the Thaksin -Yingluck relationship?

isn't it normally for families to distribute their wealth within a family, it avoids complicated wills, perhaps death duties, even post death sibling rivalries.

I can accept a chauffeur or a maid as being viewed as a proxy, but not a daughter or sister.

My children, all adults by the way, hold shares in several companies, the same companies that I also hold shares in. Some were given to them by me as 21st birthday gifts, some they bought themselves with money they earned. They usually follow my advice as to when to sell or buy, does this then make them proxies for me, is this illegal?

isn't it normally for families to distribute their wealth within a family, it avoids complicated wills, perhaps death duties, even post death sibling rivalries.

I can accept a chauffeur or a maid as being viewed as a proxy, but not a daughter or sister.

If you declare that you have no interest (or a certain amount of interest) in a particular company, but you actually have additional undeclared interest through proxies, then your declaration is untrue and that is illegal.

I hope Pwehh Thai wins so the military can get it over with, start a coup and throw out yet another Shiniwatra on her toes. I wonder which country she'll end up with. No doubt after being arrested, put in a smug prison cell for a day (probably a prison cell with a view of the beach and room service no doubt) and then being allowed bail.

We all know how stupid stupid, brainwashed farmers can be, but how these filthy rich people with all the money in the world work? Now there's something that makes you scratch your head. I mean... how much is "enough"?

If you declare that you have no interest (or a certain amount of interest) in a particular company, but you actually have additional undeclared interest through proxies, then your declaration is untrue and that is illegal.

LOL --- how is it different? I dunno --- children are children ---- and adults are adults? Testifying and making legally binding statements of ownership (as an adult) certainly make one liable for giving false testimony or fraud if the statements are untrue.

That Thaksin was not allowed to maintain his control (by law) and did through his family has already been adjudicated. She lied and not about a few shares either ... The case that was adjudicated was a civil case and it cost her cash. That case shows cause for the criminal cases she will more-than-likely be facing.