Buyer Beware #2

rakatze

post-94566-0-60514000-1307258107_thumb.jI bought a very expensive sofa from a well know furniture shop in the Neimenheiman section. The dyes ran when we tried to clean it and the furniture shop offered to clean it after days of arguing and emailing and them denying that it was a defect with their fabric. When they returned the sofa cushions from few stains. it was a million times worse. They washed their hands of me.

So,

- You stained it

- You tried to clean it with whatever crap you used without checking if it'd work with the fabric

- You made things worse

- You tried to blame it on the manufacturer

- They would have none of it.

- You started days of arguing / threatening etc.

- They actually tried to clean up your mess

- and THEY are at fault?

What did I miss?

Sorry to hear of your losses, but as 'Jdeitz" points out, sounds like this is your fault. How old is the couch that you were having it cleaned? How long do you expect to use it and be able to take it back? If not old, then you spilled something on it warranting your cleaning?

How is this the sellers fault? Are we missing something?

So,

- You stained it

- You tried to clean it with whatever crap you used without checking if it'd work with the fabric

- You made things worse

- and THEY are at fault?

What did I miss?

Edited by CMSteve

So,

- You stained it

- You made things worse

- and THEY are at fault?

What did I miss?

Spot on! (pun intended!)

I thought this gripe was posted just a week or so ago? Although I'm not sure what you want TV members to do about it? Perhaps you're just trying to be a good citizen by warning your fellows not to patronise the shop in question?

Of course, being a 'Newbie' to the forum, you might, just might, be a rival in the furniture business and trying to direct potential customers away from a competitor. I've seen lot of such tactics before used on one of my own sites.

Btw, no disrespects, but if the bony settee in the photo is, as you refer to it, 'a very expensive sofa', then you have yet another reason to be peeved with the store ;) I suppose you could also be one of TV's army of trolls whose purpose is to try and liven up a sleepy forum of a quiet Sunday afternoon :) Then again, maybe not. I mean, someone's grubby couch is hardly going to stir up a storm, is it now ;)

Rightio, must dash, but thanks for the entertainment nonetheless :jap:

Aitch

Be patient folks, he posted this a second time because he did not make himself clear the first time. May be three is a charm and he will get it together next time.

But a spill, then cleaning without testing the cleaning method and fluid on a hidden area are cause to wonder. Again, I hope he does not do it again!

Actually, I'm pretty sure this IS the third attempt this week.

Be patient folks, he posted this a second time because he did not make himself clear the first time. May be three is a charm and he will get it together next time.

But a spill, then cleaning without testing the cleaning method and fluid on a hidden area are cause to wonder. Again, I hope he does not do it again!

Seems like the time to have contacted the furniture shop was BEFORE the first attempt at cleaning, by explaining why the sofa is dirty/stained and what do they recommend as a cleaning method -- or better yet if they can recommend a professional cleaning service. There has to be one in town to handle expensive furniture, curtains and oriental rugs. Don't know since we no longer own any expensive home furnishings. If our current sofa becomes stained, I'll just ask the guy who runs the bamboo furniture shop were we bought it if he can get us a new cushion.

I would never try to clean an expensive piece of furniture myself without consulting a professional first. Ditto for expensive clothing -- we bring stained items to Washy Mashy BEFORE I try to clean it myself because I've learned I often just make the problem worse.

I believe the OP and cannot understand why some of you are having a dig at him. I am grateful that he has warned us, which could save someone else a lot of money and inconvenience.

Similar has happened to me when I had carefully washed out clothes for the first time, all the dye had run leaving a patchy and faded mess and the same has happened with curtain material.

To the OP; well, you now have the experience and will know what to look for the next time.

Your only way out of this, is to have the sofa recovered. You can purchase the material in town and have someone make the covers for you. This should not be too expensive.

I am afraid that Thailand does not take consumer problems or rights too seriously and your chances or obtaining any compensation from the store are pretty slim.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I thought this gripe was posted just a week or so ago? Although I'm not sure what you want TV members to do about it? Perhaps you're just trying to be a good citizen by warning your fellows not to patronise the shop in question?

Of course, being a 'Newbie' to the forum, you might, just might, be a rival in the furniture business and trying to direct potential customers away from a competitor. I've seen lot of such tactics before used on one of my own sites.

Btw, no disrespects, but if the bony settee in the photo is, as you refer to it, 'a very expensive sofa', then you have yet another reason to be peeved with the store ;) I suppose you could also be one of TV's army of trolls whose purpose is to try and liven up a sleepy forum of a quiet Sunday afternoon :) Then again, maybe not. I mean, someone's grubby couch is hardly going to stir up a storm, is it now ;)

Rightio, must dash, but thanks for the entertainment nonetheless :jap:

Aitch

You call this 'entertainment' !!

Actually, I'm pretty sure this IS the third attempt this week.

So three is not a charm. It is more like three strikes and you are out.