Residence Cert. From Immigration Cm

mallmagician

I have Original House Contract, Copy of Landlords Tambien Bahn and his ID. And copies of all these.

Have passport and copies.

Anything else I need to go and get the residence certificate from Immigration?

Also, how much should it cost?

Thanks.

I would take down a couple of passport size photo's, also a couple of copies of your passport showing entry date and also the page with your details on. Don't worry if you do not have them, there is a young lady at the cafe area to the rear of the imm. office that will take your photo etc.

The cost of the cert itself is 500 Baht.If you are driving down in a car you might only be able to park by the next building over from the immigration office. Take a book/magazine to read while you wait the 10-15 minutes it usually takes to process everything,(dependent on the number of people there).

Hope this helps.

I got one last week, and the above advice is correct, to include photos, passport signature page and visa page, copy of arrival card, contracts or lease. Check in at the queue machine, then take paperwork to the middle window under the tv monitor. Still wise to get there early. 500 baht per copy, and not under the table.

I got residence certificate twice in the last 6 month at CM Immigration and the 500 bahts was put in the drawer of the guy making the certificate on the right hand side of the office along the window.

No receipt both time. All other services that require money, I get an official receipt ( blue in color) and made by cashier in the back.

I understand that it is officially a free service but some Immigration commander decide to charge for it. Maybe lopburi can confirm that.

It was 300 bahts ( no receipt) in Chonburi in 2010 when I requested one and a friend in Udon told me that he got his free of charge.

But , one thing is sure , we have to pay 500 bahts in Chiangmai !

Edited by cnx355

I didn't get a receipt (about a year ago) and I never heard of ANYONE getting a receipt. And YES, it use to be free a couple years ago. Then they stopped issuing them, then started up again, and that's when the 500 baht charge appeared. I believe it is TIP money...

I got one last week, and the above advice is correct, to include photos, passport signature page and visa page, copy of arrival card, contracts or lease. Check in at the queue machine, then take paperwork to the middle window under the tv monitor. Still wise to get there early. 500 baht per copy, and not under the table.

Just did that this morning and Lobo's discription is correct, but you do need 2 fotos....one for their filing and one for the certificate....but single coppies of passport info. They said 500thb and I had to ask for the receipt.....then said, 'forget it, have a good lunch on me'.....a little grease keeps the wheels going and it's much better than it was years ago, where they openly asked for an extra couple of thousand thb for a visa renewal.

What amazes me is that CM immigration office must process at least 1 mil thb a day [minimum] and they are still so understaffed and standing room only.....where does the money go??

The agent gave me my Residence Certificate and I payed 500 B. He then left, but I wasn't sure if he'd come back to hand me my receipt. He didn't, so I went over to see him and he said no receipt given.

I had shown up on a Thursday around 10 a.m. They checked my documents and everything was ok but they asked me to come back the next day to pick up the Certificate, as they were fully booked for the day. So they kept the documents, and I came back the next day around 10 a.m. There was no need to take a number. Unfortunately, the certificate wasn't done yet, but the agent went to the computer and started typing it out. I waited about 30 minutes, paid, and left.

Will have to get one soon I guess. What if you live in your girlfriend's house and are not paying rent?

Just take the papers of any other house, hotel or condo you own and present them as your residence. rolleyes.gif If you don't want to do that for the obvious reasons, then why not asking one of your buddies on Thaivisa to quickly set up a rental contract and provide you with copies needed?