Aluminium Windows And Doors

PeteM3

Hi Guys, Can anyone give me some info on where I can get Aluminium windows and doors made and installed in the surin area. I have about 70m2 of window space to fill and will need them to come and measure up. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Pete

Some years ago we had some aluminium windows installed. The guys arrived with long aluminium profiles and build the windows at the side. I don't know if thats the normal way to do it, but they still works fine. :)

Some years ago we had some aluminium windows installed. The guys arrived with long aluminium profiles and build the windows at the side. I don't know if thats the normal way to do it, but they still works fine. :)

Pete

I can recommend the man that did our windows four years ago if you still need. He is in Prasat,and does excellent windows and doors. Send me a PM for his info if you are interested.

mario299 :rolleyes:

Can I offer a word ? We have aluminium windows installed at our house. Last week, we ( fortunately ) disturbed burglars at 2am in the morning. They had easily broken the lock and were not far off climbing in the window when we heard them. Most aluminium windows here have a very basic lock, and what they did, was to make a hole in the window frame between the two rivets to which the lock is secured. They then pushed the lock downwards with a screwdriver or similar, and hey presto -- open window. I have epoxy resin bonded a plate of 2mm steel over the lock area, installed bolts so the window cannot slide and am in the throws of welding steel grills to cover the windows. I honestly believe wooden windows and frames would offer more security than the aluminium ones. UPVC windows and frames that I have seen here are also not of the quality we are used to back home. I know steel bars are unsightly, but I believe they are a good deterrant.

Can I offer a word ? We have aluminium windows installed at our house. Last week, we ( fortunately ) disturbed burglars at 2am in the morning. They had easily broken the lock and were not far off climbing in the window when we heard them. Most aluminium windows here have a very basic lock, and what they did, was to make a hole in the window frame between the two rivets to which the lock is secured. They then pushed the lock downwards with a screwdriver or similar, and hey presto -- open window. I have epoxy resin bonded a plate of 2mm steel over the lock area, installed bolts so the window cannot slide and am in the throws of welding steel grills to cover the windows. I honestly believe wooden windows and frames would offer more security than the aluminium ones. UPVC windows and frames that I have seen here are also not of the quality we are used to back home. I know steel bars are unsightly, but I believe they are a good deterrant.

I just happened to browse back by this post and wish to offer a suggestion. Our windows are horizontal sliding windows, they move back and forth, so a simple piece of dowel, wood or anything similar that prevents the window from sliding open will deter burglars. Vertical sliders, opening up, can be secured the same way. No lock made is impervious to burglars with enough time and effort, but if you make the window unable to open then their only choice is to break the glass.

Security bars are also excellent if and only if they can be opened for exit in an emergency, Hope this helps.

mario299 :jap:

I just happened to browse back by this post and wish to offer a suggestion. Our windows are horizontal sliding windows, they move back and forth, so a simple piece of dowel, wood or anything similar that prevents the window from sliding open will deter burglars. Vertical sliders, opening up, can be secured the same way. No lock made is impervious to burglars with enough time and effort, but if you make the window unable to open then their only choice is to break the glass.

Security bars are also excellent if and only if they can be opened for exit in an emergency, Hope this helps.

I used to do this, I cut strips of wood to fit the window profile and yes, it stopped the windows from being slid open, BUT, I was surprised to be shown that the windows can still be lifted off the runners and removed in one piece. Fitting sliding bolts to both the windows in the frame, with holes drilled down into the frame stops the windows being slid open, and from being lifted out. A simple remedy for not very many baht.....

I used to do this, I cut strips of wood to fit the window profile and yes, it stopped the windows from being slid open, BUT, I was surprised to be shown that the windows can still be lifted off the runners and removed in one piece. Fitting sliding bolts to both the windows in the frame, with holes drilled down into the frame stops the windows being slid open, and from being lifted out. A simple remedy for not very many baht.....

EXCELLENT !!

Thank you

I bought sliding bolts, drilled and screwed them to the windows and drilled holes in the frame for the bolts to fit in. :)