Problem Accessing One Web-Site Via My Tot Connection ...

Tom Kagai

I've been happy with my TOT connection for 2 years now, but recently have been wanting to access a music software site for a number of reasons. I can't get a connection, yet other people who are into home recording do so without a problem. I've checked it out with the web site's support engineers, and they're baffled. I've used a number of browsers, yet still get the 'server does not respond' message after a frustrating amount of time.

This is the site that I'm trying to get into:

Izotope.com

I have done so in the past, but not in the last 10 days or so.

I run OSX 10.6.7 for Mac, and have also tried without the firewall activated. No joy. :angry:

I'm not too much of a techie with ISP type problems, so would like to know if anyone can suggest any potential causes or, even better, fixes. Thanks!

Edited by Tom Kagai

Hi,

I can access from here (True DSL).

First, I'll suggest you try to manually set the DNS so as to use another one than TOT's that might have a problem.

In your connection settings (sorry, I don't know where it is on Mac) set DNS to 8.8.8.8 It's a public DNS setup by Google.

If this doesn't work, you could also try Opera Browser and activate their function "Turbo". This actually loads the pages you want to reach on Opera servers, which send them to you compressed. It is meant to accelerate browsing on slow connections but it is also sometimes useful when your ISP has a problem pointing to a specific server.

^now I said that the connection to satthai is no problem today.

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions. You know, it's nice to know it's not just me!

I had exactly the same scenario yesterday PattayaParent. I got in, did what I needed to do, but fully expect to be blocked out at some point. When that happens, I'll try the other suggestions. Again, thanks!