Just Bought A New Fiesta Sport Today But Think Im A Bollocks Up

toffo9

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha agreed but cant put them down for 7 days til the tint is set in place so says the guy in the garage..

This is scarry shit really as you dont see much when it´s dark outside .. idea´2: cut a ugly hole in the tint like the thai guys do , just so you can see the sideview mirrors and can have alook outside if you want! On thai guy i know always roll down windows when he have to do a left or right turn as he cant see anything in the dark .. i gues one day he forget or his powerwindows will be broken and then ... poof whistling.gif

Edited by metisdead
Bold removed, please use default forum font.

I put tint that was too dark on my last car, scary at night.Sold it within a month of having it put on.

Just got a Fiesta myself and have gone for a lighter tint.

We learn from our mistakes :(

Looks great but just not practical

A film star A, Had 50% on a hire car once and couldn't see out of it. 80% just time before some one's in hospital and the law is involved. Get it off rapid. Can be done easy. A tint is there for the bright sun all you need is the reflective one. Have had it on my last 2 car's here work's great. Check your eye line out of the windscreen and get them to put the tint strip down to almost that. Mine's 20cm that's on a Fortuna the some on my Vigo. To get you out of trouble and save a few Bt could just have the front one's done.

Edited by fredob43

40% front

60% for rest of the windows

illegal to tint windscreen.

only a retard will tint at 80%

When I bought my truck 3 years ago I remember reading on TV that 40% was the legal maximum tint so that's what I went with. I'm sure I also read about someone being denied entry by car to Malaysia as windows where overly tinted.

1st car here the garage [Honda] said I needed 60%, In the end got what i wanted 40% reflective, my present car and the new pickup also have 40% reflective..

Drove a friends pickup a few times, front no tint the rest 80%, was crazy had to put the windows down to reverse and when it got dark simply impossible to see out of the side windows, there again no tint on the front was bad in bright sunlight.

Guess you will be OK if you never take the car out after 6 pm. No tint on the front = you will need to take sun glasses = even more impossible to see out of the side..

As said already best and safest is remove the 80% tint and put 40% all round

Edited by ignis

40% front

all windows can legally be tinted in TH, the previous tint law is gone. In Malaysia front side windows can by law not be tinted at all, but 40% seem to pass

Lamina works fine 60%, only if its dark and raining do I need to open windows to be sure whats in the mirrors. I have used cars with 40% black cheap film, and cant see anything

windshield I only cover upper 18cm on Vigo/Fortuner

OP, guess your front sidewindows need new film ;)

Safest thing would be to remove it and have it done again.

Yes and easier to do while it hasn't set yet I.E. during the 7 day curing period :whistling: ..

My neighbor bought a new Toyota Vios and had the windows tinted to that degree and I mentioned the visibility problem and her response, ma pen rai, I can see ok. I said really? You couldn't even see through them during the day let alone at night. Well moral to the story less then a week later the nice, new Vios with red plates had a nice big dent in the rear and low and behold she had hit a post backing up, I asked what happened and she said I couldn't see it :whistling: ... Just glad it wasn't a child or something :( ...

40% front

Lamina works fine 60%, only if its dark and raining do I need to open windows to be sure whats in the mirrors. I have used cars with 40% black cheap film, and cant see anything

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: You're taking the piss aren't you?? Only in the rain you need to open the windows to see where you're going?? :cheesy: Comedy gold that is...

Edited by WarpSpeed

40% front

When I bought my truck 3 years ago I remember reading on TV that 40% was the legal maximum tint so that's what I went with. I'm sure I also read about someone being denied entry by car to Malaysia as windows where overly tinted.

Even if it isn't the law, it should be common sense, so you're still 1 up regardless..

40% front

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: You're taking the piss aren't you?? Only in the rain you need to open the windows to see where you're going?? :cheesy: Comedy gold that is...

Strangely Warps he's right, same with me cos rain drops on the side windows do all sorts of reflecting stuff with vehicle lights. So drop the window a bit for a few seconds to make sure. :)

40% front

Strangely Warps he's right, same with me cos rain drops on the side windows do all sorts of reflecting stuff with vehicle lights. So drop the window a bit for a few seconds to make sure. :)

yepp, I wasnt joking, and of course I am always right :lol: :lol: :lol:

raindrops on the exterior mirrors and windows any tint, I do open windows after dark to reverse to be sure there are no dark kids in the mirrors, as any light seen in wet mirrors will make it difficult to spot anything not lit. Even with reverse sensors, I want to see as much as possible

40% front

Gotta agree with this... It's stunning how people do not think before they act. I went for the above on my car... sometimes i wish i had done what my mate did and had 40% on front side as well... But 80%.. I'm not sure you be able to see a bike even WITH lights on.

40% front

Gotta agree with this... It's stunning how people do not think before they act. I went for the above on my car... sometimes i wish i had done what my mate did and had 40% on front side as well... But 80%.. I'm not sure you be able to see a bike even WITH lights on.

My Thai inlaw put the black 80% stuff all round, even the windscreen :huh:, can't see a thing but he thinks it's ''cool''.:)

40% front

You must be his Howdy to his Doody, you can't write comedic material like this.. :cheesy: :cheesy: Obviously the concept of being forced to open your windows in the rain BECAUSE you can't see out of them and the fact that went right over the head of both of you apparently, is............. well.............................. Just hysterical... :cheesy:

"Yes I have 60% tint and it's ok except I can't see through it at the most critical times" :cheesy: paraphrasing of course :whistling: ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

40% front

yeah you can see bikes with the lights on but how many dont have?. Thats the concern

i have 60% was some on windscreen but had it took off, could have done it my self with hair dryer and sharpe blade just peeled off. i personally would take it off and have a lower tint, i do also put the windows down at busy junctions.

I would have it taken off professionally at the same place you are getting the new tint put in; it will cost you very little. I found 40% on all windows (including the windscreen, and I am not retarded) works great, at night, in rain, etc.

I went for a pale green tint that looks very light, but keeps out a remarkable amount of heat, whilst leaving a nice light interior. I keep a pair of cheap polaroid sunglasses in the car for driving on the brightest days, but hardly need them really - their main benefit is removing any trace of dashboard reflection from the inside of the windscreen.

I bought a white car because it keeps much cooler inside than a dark colour. Now, if we want to talk about learning difficulties..., I would suggest that those who purchase black cars in a tropical climate are the ones with the problem! They may look "cool" but they are anything but cool inside! whistling.gif

When we bought our new car I selected what appeared to be the lightest tint from a sample book. I think it was 25% or maybe 40%. When I saw the completed car it was still darker than I expected. The salesman could tell I wasn't impressed so he took me into the workshop to show me some other cars... I could not believe how dark some people tint their cars. One car was almost as black as my computer monitor is when turned off, how you could drive at night like that I really don't know. A neighbor has a black Civic with a really dark tint and she has to lower the windows at night to see where she is going. Driving in that car even in daylight you feel detached from everything going on around you.

The tint we have turned out to be okay even when driving at night but if I buy another car then I would just have a strip running along the top of the windscreen rather than tint the complete screen. Maybe a lot of the accidents in Thailand are because people simply can't see, it would explain a lot.

Yes I would NEVER tint my front windshield as the blur it creates is irritating and dangerous to the max and at night or rain is impossible to see clearly through.

In fact had it removed when the new film we have now was installed with a nice 80% strip across the top for additional sun filtering, especially when the sun is low but my windows are 40% and that serves just fine..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes I would NEVER tint my front windshield as the blur it creates is irritating and dangerous to the max and at night or rain is impossible to see clearly through.

I really think this depends on the actual film and the level of tint - and there seems to be as many opinions as there are car windscreens. My screen tint absolutely does not cause any blur at all, and is absolutely fine at night and in the rain... The positive effect of not being blinded by the sun is great (although mine is light enough that I still need to use the visor at times), and the only noticeable negative impact is the slightly increased dashboard reflection if driving straight into the sun. Even this is fairly minor, and is completely removed by wearing polarising sunglasses; and yes, my tint is light enough that on the brighter days I still need sunglasses...

By the way, I'm not posting this to be argumentative - you have the right to choose whatever suits you - but rather to help others make informed decisions. I almost chose not to have the screen done because of what I read in this forum, but I am very glad I did and I would certainly do it again. biggrin.gif

^Sorry but no it doesn't, ANY tint on the windshield impairs your vision.. It's like saying that I only had one or 2 drinks so I'm not impaired, any alcohol of any amount is enough to impair you from being full up to the task and this no different..

I've seen many cars with it and EVERY one without exception is distorted compared to nothing and you only need look at your tinted side window to see the difference..

How would you know if your tint causes you blurred vision?? What do you compare it with looking through the same windshield every time you drive that car :rolleyes: ?? Some people gradually loose their good vision over time and never know they need glasses and have any real recognition until it gets quite bad, same as this, you have no real point of reference..

I'm also posting for others to make informed decisions and hopefully NOT follow your example :) ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I hate to, but I've got to agree with you 100% on this one, WS.

There are two particular problems with tinting the front screen. The first is that virtually all screens are curved, so the film has to be stretched to fit making some places thinner than others and distorting the screen more than flat or flatter glass. The second is that any film scratches far more easily than glass and as the windscreen is likely to be polished or wiped (inside as well as out) more than the other windows so even though it is the one that needs to be the clearest it is the one that ends up the most scratched.

Most windscreens are available as a replacement with a top tint, which is a safer option if a more expensive one.

^Sorry but no it doesn't, ANY tint on the windshield impairs your vision.. It's like saying that I only had one or 2 drinks so I'm not impaired, any alcohol of any amount is enough to impair you from being full up to the task and this no different..

I've seen many cars with it and EVERY one without exception is distorted compared to nothing and you only need look at your tinted side window to see the difference..

How would you know if your tint causes you blurred vision?? What do you compare it with looking through the same windshield every time you drive that car :rolleyes: ?? Some people gradually loose their good vision over time and never know they need glasses and have any real recognition until it gets quite bad, same as this, you have no real point of reference..

I'm also posting for others to make informed decisions and hopefully NOT follow your example :) ..

agreed, any film on windscreen impairs vision, even clear film. any film also increases reflexes from dashboard. So 60% on the 15-20cm upper part reduces sunglare, and the rest just waxed and clean

my 1993 Range Rover had electric heated windshield impairing vision at night when oncomming vehilces had bright lights. Replaced it with non heated glass. The safety of seeing a kid or a moose before they are just in front of you, beats any safety feature available