Hong Kong Xbox Power Supply Problem

Captain Haddock

Brought my XBox from the US and bought a new power brick that plugs directly into the Box. Works like a charm! 1st floor Pantip, towards the back is a game shop, forgot the name though. But if U walk into Pantip via the front entrance, keep walking towards the down escalators on your left (not the one right in front of the entrance that goes to the 3rd floor). Walk past the escalator and to the back, take the stairs down and it should be in front of U. Do you have an XBox Live Gamer Tag? I'm trying to find local Live gamers here in LOS.

Brought my XBox from the US and bought a new power brick that plugs directly into the Box.  Works like a charm!  1st floor Pantip, towards the back is a game shop, forgot the name though.  But if U walk into Pantip via the front entrance, keep walking towards the down escalators on your left (not the one right in front of the entrance that goes to the 3rd floor).  Walk past the escalator and to the back, take the stairs down and it should be in front of U.  Do you have an XBox Live Gamer Tag?  I'm trying to find local Live gamers here in LOS.

I brought a DVD player from the states I did not want to dick around with a 110 to 220 converter. The TG I live with took it to a small fix all shop down the soi and he converted it to 220 so no converter needed 250 Baht and plays no problems

Maybe a shop could do the same for your unit ?

Thanks for the info guys.

Lopburi3, you're quite right, Hong Kong's the same as Thailand. That'll teach me to check things first! I'm sure my mate said he came from Hong Kong, but it definitely says on the back of the Xbox, 110 V, and not 220 V. Go figure.

So I will pass on all your advice and get him to check the Xbox in Pantip Plaza.

Cheers!

Brought my XBox from the US and bought a new power brick that plugs directly into the Box.  Works like a charm!  1st floor Pantip, towards the back is a game shop, forgot the name though.  But if U walk into Pantip via the front entrance, keep walking towards the down escalators on your left (not the one right in front of the entrance that goes to the 3rd floor).  Walk past the escalator and to the back, take the stairs down and it should be in front of U.  Do you have an XBox Live Gamer Tag?  I'm trying to find local Live gamers here in LOS.

JJ, it's my mate who's got the Xbox, and no, he doesn't currently have one of those tags.

Can he use the Live gaming thing via a dial-up, 56k modem, or is that too slow?