Never Received Greenbook....

4evermaat

About 8 months ago we financed a new motorbike from a local dealer. Two and 1/2 months later, it was paid in full and the payment was made at the finance office in Chumphon Town. The gf signed a bunch of papers. She told me that the [green]book and the registration for motorbike come in about 1 month.

4 months go by and something got me thinking "Did we ever get the registration paperwork for the motorbike?" So gf goes back to finance office and they said they did not know why the book and registration did not arrive; sometimes there is a delay in Lang Suan (or wherever they print the book). So wait about 3 weeks or so. About 6-7 weeks later, we stop back in. We get the paper for the registration (the one that you see stuck at the kickpanel) and the white license plates. No greenbook. The gf may have gone back and/or called once or twice more. The last time i remember, it was about a month ago and we were asked to wait 2 weeks.

The questions are: Am I overreacting or is this normal processing time for greenbook? Even the gf said it never took this long.

- What is the procedure for getting a new greenbook for new motorbike when it is paid for? Can you go down to the provincial office and get this issued? Is there same day processing, or do you have to come back and pick it up?

My gf seems very lackadaisical about it, which actually drove me to write this post. "They say when [greenbook] come, they call." But 8 months?

We originally purchased in Lang Suan, Chumphon; the finance office is in Chumphon Town.

Edited by 4evermaat

It always takes a while for the green book. I have bought 3 bikes in the last 3 years. One was just a ownership and name change and that was only about 2 weeks to get. The others they have always said you will get the green book in about 2 weeks. I think what they mean to say is in about 2 weeks they will think about starting to the paper work to get the green book. Any way one took 3 months to get and the last one we bought took almost 5 months. Plates seems to come first but they still took 2 months.

Now after they told us that it will be 2 weeks my wife starts stopping in every trip into town and calling almost every day. And when she does she makes quite a nusance of her self. I am not sure if that helped speed things up or not. I do know they must have been tired of seeing her.

You become the owner of the bike you have paid for the day your name is in its green book. Before that its owned by maker, importer, dealer or finance.

If you have the tax sticker and stated VIN fits bikes VIN, you could visit DLT and ask who the owner is

You become the owner of the bike you have paid for the day your name is in its green book. Before that its owned by maker, importer, dealer or finance.

If you have the tax sticker and stated VIN fits bikes VIN, you could visit DLT and ask who the owner is

I will double-check the sticker VIN (i know my gf didn't), and then find out where this DLT is. Should be in the same building she got the motocycle license issued. What would be the next step if the name listed is incorrect?

It always takes a while for the green book. I have bought 3 bikes in the last 3 years. One was just a ownership and name change and that was only about 2 weeks to get. The others they have always said you will get the green book in about 2 weeks. I think what they mean to say is in about 2 weeks they will think about starting to the paper work to get the green book. Any way one took 3 months to get and the last one we bought took almost 5 months. Plates seems to come first but they still took 2 months.

Now after they told us that it will be 2 weeks my wife starts stopping in every trip into town and calling almost every day. And when she does she makes quite a nusance of her self. I am not sure if that helped speed things up or not. I do know they must have been tired of seeing her.

My gf is already very shy. Plus the saving face thing is like the double-whammy. She starts to pout when I insist she get the greenbook in order. I don't want any problems if we decide to move. It's been about 6 months since the bike was paid for in cash, in person; I was starting to feel like I've been played. I wanted to check here.

Like my mom and dad used to tell me: "...wait until you have to pay for it."

Last several bike I bought new, (This year) I had the Plate and book and everything within 6 months.

A few years back I purchased a new Tiger, kept asking for the book from the dealer. After 12 months I said I was going to the Police and they gave me a new bike and green book within hours.

Fine with me, I got 1 year free use of a bike and then a new one

i just found out that on the registration decal paperwork, the decal was applied for April 23 or 26 . That was over 4 months after we finished paying for it :blink:. That explains at least part of the delay; they do this purposely? What's in it for them?

The lady is going to check everything out today. We'll see what happens.

Turns out the company had the greenbook the whole time, from the last time we went and got the registration decal and plates. The photocopy that came with the registration was actually the first 2 pages of the greenbook. So what was the whole deal with saying they did not have it? Oh well. We have it now. Anything special (other than do not lose it)? It appears to have multiple pages to sell privately; do you have to register with every sell? Is the seller responsible for anything, or is it purely on the buyer once the

for example, in hawaii, the seller had to turn in a seller slip portion of the title, telling the state he no longer owns the car. This was separated from the rest of the title that the buyer brought in on the same or later date.

Edited by 4evermaat

Turns out the company had the greenbook the whole time, from the last time we went and got the registration decal and plates. The photocopy that came with the registration was actually the first 2 pages of the greenbook. So what was the whole deal with saying they did not have it? Oh well. We have it now. Anything special (other than do not lose it)? It appears to have multiple pages to sell privately; do you have to register

In the book DLT can register changes. Ownership 1st available page after existing owner, taxes page 16, changes to bike page 18, change of reg number front page, page 3 and 18