Vientiane Visa Run Successful, Double Standards With Double Entry Visas?

Hello,

just run into a friend of mine this morning and he told me that he received a double entrance TV in Vientiane this week without any problem even having at least 7 to 8 back to back in his passport. He jused one of the fellows in front of the embassy to handle the paperwork as he always does. He is french, about 50+ years old. The same when I did my last visa run there about 5 month ago, no problem with double entry TV, I am german and as well 50+ years old and live in Thailand since over 9 years on TV. The chap behind me, danish, about 35 years old with plenty of tatoos was denied a double entry TV and given a single only. Double standards for double entries?

watch the survey in bangkokpost.com !!!!!today!

about touristvisa nursery.

july and change IS coming i think.

its a balloon......i hope i am wrong

PT in power.nothing is sure.

Being over 50 why not not get a retirement extension of stay save yourself trips to Laos

But don't you need to show proof of money in bank or proof of pension from embassey?

The OP said that they used someone for the paperwork.......

Wink wink nodge nodge.

Being over 50 why not not get a retirement extension of stay save yourself trips to Laos

But don't you need to show proof of money in bank or proof of pension from embassey?

The OP said that they used someone for the paperwork.......

Wink wink nodge nodge.

This is very interesting...I have 5 back to backs TV in my current passport and seven in my old passport issued at Vientiane....my last one was issued in Oct 2009 and with the extensions took me too March 2010...I went back to Vientiane in March and tried again and was knocked back...didn't get the red stamp but a memo saying I was refused due to me having 2 many back to backs and there was a good possibility I was working on the tourist visas

I asked to see the consulate ( who is only a small guy ) and he was adamant that I must be working....he said my 1st double TV was in Dec 2007...meaning I had been in Thailand for 3 years as a tourist..and no one stays in Thailand as a tourist for that long so i must be working....I tried to explain the 1st visa was issued at the end of 2007 in the December which meant I had been in Thailand for 2 years and 3months and not the 3yrs that he had suggested...but he was having none of it....take away 2007 from 2010 and you get 3 years...( how he got the job still baffles me ) ..

told him i had sold my home back in the UK ( which I hadn't ) and if i wanted to stay in Thailand for 10 years as a tourist as long has i had the funds then there should be no reason for me not been able to apply for a tourist visa...but he was having none of it...so i got 15 days at the border...did another 2 x 15 day runs to Maesot ( burma ) then did a 1 day trip to Perth in OZ and got a 1 yr non O multi entry for visiting friends with extension given me 15 months...this is due to run out next month

I turned 50 last Oct ( but not got the funds in the bank for retirement visa )so I'm wondering if i went back to loas it sounds by the OP that the dreaded working on a tourist visa memo is a thing of the past and i have a chance of getting a double entry as i have not been there for nearly a year and a half or would i have the same problem as before has I may not of been to Loas..but I have also not left Thailand as such.

i'm tempted to go the ED route but the double entry TV would be cheaper and also save me having to go to bangkok 1 day a week to learn Thai....any members had the said memo recently????

PMSL at the wink, wink, nudge, nudge, the guys out the front just fill in the forms for you....they don't actually hand in the forms...

I forgot to mention I do have a tuk tuk friend who I visited after getting knocked backed and he made a phone call and within 10 minutes a young lad turned up suited and booted with briefcase...never seen this lad in all the times i have been to the consulate and he said if i payed him 8,000 baht ( which I didn't have at the time...only had 4,000 has i had forgot my ATM card ) and give him my passport he would return it the following day with a double entry TV.

the things you have to do to stay here...LOL