Utorrent Port Problem Not Forwarding New Wifi Mod

marquess

HI all just upgraded to the 9MB package with True and got a new Modem, which for some reason seems to be interfering with my Utorrent (version 1.8.3) I am getting the Red circle saying that the 'router or firewall is limiting network traffic open up a port so that others can connect to you.' Anyone have any ideas. I am running Window XP S2 with updates. Thanks

Configure uTorrent to use either Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), or specify a port to be used for incoming and outgoing connections. If you choose the latter, assign a static IP address to your computer, then configure the NAT settings on your ADSL router accordingly.

If you're not familiar with manual port forwarding, I suggest you use UPnP -- which doesn't require any configuration on your part. Most routers already have UPnP enabled by default, but you may want to double check just to be sure.

Configure uTorrent to use either Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), or specify a port to be used for incoming and outgoing connections. If you choose the latter, assign a static IP address to your computer, then configure the NAT settings on your ADSL router accordingly.

If you're not familiar with manual port forwarding, I suggest you use UPnP -- which doesn't require any configuration on your part. Most routers already have UPnP enabled by default, but you may want to double check just to be sure.

Thanks I have enabled the UPnP it has always been on and I have added the exception to the Firewall too, still no joy, in my LAN and High Speed Internet section I have checked that UPnP, has been expectioned. I went to that link but it appears that they don't have my model of Modem. I don't know anything about static IP addresses. Any other suggestions?

Thanks I have enabled the UPnP it has always been on and I have added the exception to the Firewall too, still no joy, in my LAN and High Speed Internet section I have checked that UPnP, has been expectioned. I went to that link but it appears that they don't have my model of Modem.

I have the same exact router as yourself. Initially, I also had problems getting UPnP to work. There's a setting or two that needs to be changed; give me a few minutes and I'll look it up for you.

I don't know anything about static IP addresses.

Static IP is only needed if you're forwarding ports manually. Since you're using UPnP, don't worry about it...

Thanks I have enabled the UPnP it has always been on and I have added the exception to the Firewall too, still no joy, in my LAN and High Speed Internet section I have checked that UPnP, has been expectioned. I went to that link but it appears that they don't have my model of Modem.

I have the same exact router as yourself. Initially, I also had problems getting UPnP to work. There's a setting or two that needs to be changed; give me a few minutes and I'll look it up for you.

I don't know anything about static IP addresses.

Static IP is only needed if you're forwarding ports manually. Since you're using UPnP, don't worry about it...

Thanks!

Thanks its seems to work, goes green and then yellow for a while, I wonder if there are any more possible tweaks?

It's completely normal for the network icon to switch back and forth between green/yellow. The icon turns yellow when no peers connect after a certain amount of time.