Anyone Know Where To Get Iphone Fixed On Samui?

Hi,

I bought an iPhone 4 at AIS center in the Paragon in BKK several months ago. Apparently the mic broke.

AIS has 2 options - they will not fix it through their TeleWiz branches. Nor will TeleWiz accept it and send it to an AIS service center.

I'm assuming that AIS service centers are the only places that will accept the warranty for a phone purchased there.

So, AIS wants me to come to one of their service centers - Phuket is the closest - Bkk and others are farther away.

I have to physically bring it in. They won't accept EMS, or other shippers. Without the help of a friend, that would mean a r/t plane flight, or bus, a rental car, and at least 1 night in a hotel for something that should be easy.

A friend has volunteered to take it there then mail it back to me, but that's going to be a couple weeks. Or I could send it to a less trustworthy friend in BKK - but they may think, "Great! This idiot just sent me a free iPhone. End of phone. End of 'friendship'. Just wondering if anyone knew of an alternative. Sounds like a pretty stupid way of doing business to me. I haven't looked into changing over to DTAC or another carrier - just in case they have a more acceptable policy.

Thanks,

Buzzer

i had my iphone screen replaced inside tesco lotus. i don't know that they can fix your specific problem but at least it's a place to start. i don't remember the name of the specific shop but the search function should find it since we did this thread only a month or so ago.

i had my iphone screen replaced inside tesco lotus. i don't know that they can fix your specific problem but at least it's a place to start. i don't remember the name of the specific shop but the search function should find it since we did this thread only a month or so ago.

The shop you're talking about in Tesco is named Bliss Tel Shop and it's highly not recommended to bring your phone there. Why? Coz the last time I've brought my iphone there, the guy made me wait 2 days and when I finally come back to pick up the phone he told me "I'm sorry I can't remember how to reassemble it..."

Hopefully he sent me to another shop which is 500m far away from the Tesco on the mainroad (opposite side of Tesco 500m on the right when you coming out of the Tesco front entrance, near the police station, the name of the shop is written in thai but I can't remember the exact name. I can just remember a small wall right in the entrance of the shop, same wall as they build to prevent the floods coming inside the shop)

In that one, the guy is such a professional, he spend all day on repairing tons of phones and he just repaired mine in a few hours the same day.

And really cheap as well !!

HIGHLY recommended that you bring your iphone 4 to him, he knows how to deal with for sure.

well that's all well and good however he did replace my shattered iphone screen in less than 30 minutes and it's been working great for months so i can't really unrecommend him for anything similar. if there is anything highly technical that needs to be done, you're almost always better off going straight to an authorized manufacturer.