Isle Of Man Tt

c18gmr

Been to the TT a number of times but always preferred the more "classic" orientated IoM Grand Prix in late August. I was a regular for about 20 years before coming to Thailand. Whichever you choose, it's a great spectacle and the IoM in late summer can be a fantastic place, if you ignore the biking for a while. The GP doesn't attract the same numbers of people or the same type of people as the TT so it can be quieter, less rowdy and more friendly.

Accommodation can be expensive as can the ferry fare across although I've been told fares are down this year. I don't know.

But to be a bit pedantic and to emphasise the difference of the Isle of Man, it is NOT part of the UK but is a British Crown Dependency and a self-governing country. Manxmen aren't keen on being referred to as part of the UK :rolleyes: .

Been to the TT a number of times but always preferred the more "classic" orientated IoM Grand Prix in late August. I was a regular for about 20 years before coming to Thailand. Whichever you choose, it's a great spectacle and the IoM in late summer can be a fantastic place, if you ignore the biking for a while. The GP doesn't attract the same numbers of people or the same type of people as the TT so it can be quieter, less rowdy and more friendly.

Accommodation can be expensive as can the ferry fare across although I've been told fares are down this year. I don't know.

But to be a bit pedantic and to emphasise the difference of the Isle of Man, it is NOT part of the UK but is a British Crown Dependency and a self-governing country. Manxmen aren't keen on being referred to as part of the UK :rolleyes: .

But they do have a distincly plastic scouse accent! AND the fastest justice system in the UK

Great place the IOM been there several times, so friendly and anyone will help you, the best time for me was taking my bike, everyone who likes TT races and alike should go at least once in there life.

The eerie thing for me is that I shook the hand of Joey Dunlop and David Jefferies, Simon Beck rode me around the course riding my bike with me on the back, all of them friendly guys and got the time of day for people nothing stuck up about them at all..

Sadly they are all dead.

Over 200 deaths since it began but as David said to me it's like a unstoppable urge and if it ends up with you dying, your family knows you did it for the love of it and what you lived for.

Don't know him super well but there's a few of us in Pattaya who know Gary Johnson. He won the second supersport race and came third in the Dianese superbike race this year. He comes to Pattaya in the off season and practices at Bira . Great fella we were all stoked for his success this year.

Don't know him super well but there's a few of us in Pattaya who know Gary Johnson. He won the second supersport race and came third in the Dianese superbike race this year. He comes to Pattaya in the off season and practices at Bira . Great fella we were all stoked for his success this year.

Do you know when Gary Johnson is going to be in-country? I really need some suspension work done by an expert.

Do you know when Gary Johnson is going to be in-country? I really need some suspension work done by an expert.

Usually after Macau GP I think that's Nov/Dec

Usually after Macau GP I think that's Nov/Dec

Thanks for the reply,

That's good news, as I was planning on coming down with a buddy to do a track day or two in November. Just have to find out some contact info