50% Off On Roof-Top Dining At Eastin Hotel, Bangkok

Gotogezr

13077999397542.jpg

What is it about a spectacular view and a cocktail that is so alluring? Is it the dazzling lights of the city below or the engaging conversation?

Come see for yourself as you take in the sights of Northern Bangkok from above while sipping a cocktail from Attica Sky Lounge.

Located on the 23rd floor of the four star Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok, the "sky bar" offers something for everyone…and now you can try it out while enjoying 50% off the total bill...

See full information about this offer at gotogezr.com

why have to sign in just to see the deal ??

Thanks for your question.

This is the way our website work and we are not alone in this approach – look at Facebook.

Our offers are available to Gotogezr members only. We would not be able to negotiate such huge discounts with merchants if we did not have subscribers.

During sign up procedure we ask you only for the email, even name is optional. After signing up you'll be able to receive email alerts about new deals in your city. But do not worry, we hate spam as much as you do, therefore we provide a quick unsubscribe option - it can be done with just one click.

Requiring registration before access to the site is internet business death.

Lots of the daily deal and other internet business sites try it at first and then realize it won't work. Judging from the company's response, I'm guessing they will fade away quickly.

According to our stats 31% of all visitors coming from Thaivisa register on the website.

By signing up you help us negotiate the deals for you. The first question every merchant ask us is about the number of registered users we've got.

According to our stats 31% of all visitors coming from Thaivisa register on the website.

By signing up you help us negotiate the deals for you. The first question every merchant ask us is about the number of registered users we've got.

Well if that's your business model, I wish you every success.

I make a lot of purchases via the internet, including from companies such as yours, if I have to register to get details of something that catches my eye, then I go no further.

Comparing your requirement of registration to that of Facebook is like comparing apples with bananas.

I assume I'm in the minority, so if there are plenty of potential customers who are happy to register, then I suppose I will miss out.

Good luck.

That's what I said on my post that got deleted.

I'm guessing its that Walen school guy running this thing. Nice to see someone making their way in the Bangkok world!

No, we are not associated with Walen, although they were our partner merchants since the first launch of our service last year.

I'm guessing its that Walen school guy running this thing. Nice to see someone making their way in the Bangkok world!

No, we are not associated with Walen, although they were our partner merchants since the first launch of our service last year.

Clicked 'sign up' as a first time visitor and below the response

This email address already registered on Gotogezr, but not activated yet

We have just re-sent a confirmation email

Click the link inside this email to complete your Gotogezr registration

Clicked 'sign up' as a first time visitor and below the response

This email address already registered on Gotogezr, but not activated yet

We have just re-sent a confirmation email

Click the link inside this email to complete your Gotogezr registration

Thanks for posting this. For first-time registrations the message should be different.

Probably you had already tried to register on our website a few months ago. Gotogezr started in December 2010, at that time we had different design.

But it can also be an error on our side. If you could pm me your email address, i could check when it was first entered in our database.

Why not say how much the offer is to buy like the other guy here that does his daily deals? I was going to ask about your revenue model before I looked at your site, but it appears to be the same as the others. However requiring an email address before seeing what the price and deal is will definitely put a lot of potential customers off.

Why not say how much the offer is to buy like the other guy here that does his daily deals?

You mean on the entrance website page?

I was going to ask about your revenue model before I looked at your site, but it appears to be the same as the others.

It is very different from others for the restaurant deals. I explained it in "General Topic" sub-forum.

Others offer you to pay 500 baht and eat on 1000 baht. If your bill at the restaurant exceed coupon's value you have to pay more.

We offer a coupon that gives you the right to receive discount off the total bill, therefore the value is unlimited, you eat as much as you can. The more you eat, the more you save.

We sell a coupon that gives a privilege to get huge discount for a smal fee, usually up to 100 baht - this is our revenue.

I believe this model gives better value for customers, it is great for merchants (as we don't charge any commission fees) and good for us.

However requiring an email address before seeing what the price and deal is will definitely put a lot of potential customers off.

I think that the most important part of daily deals website is not the website itself, but email alerts. If someone is looking for discounts – they will be willing to provide email to receive deal alerts.

So you miss out on 69% of your target marketby requiring registration. Why not make people register then they want to buy something. That would be the sensible thing to do. 100% of TV visitors can see the offer and so odds ae the conversion rate will be higher than if just 31% see the offer. Not just about people signing up - it is about people buying the deals.

Anyone remember Tik Tok Thai? Ensogo saw them off and will bet that "go to geezer" wont last too long unless it changes it's sign up policy and gets Thais buying.

So you miss out on 69% of your target marketby requiring registration. Why not make people register then they want to buy something. That would be the sensible thing to do. 100% of TV visitors can see the offer and so odds ae the conversion rate will be higher than if just 31% see the offer. Not just about people signing up - it is about people buying the deals.

Well, time will tell, so far our strategy seems to be not too bad: the number of registrations grow daily: we got 100 people signed up today alone.

Actually, at the time of our initial launch last year, we did not require users to sign up to view the deals. Result – not many registrations at all. But having large and growing users database is crucial in this business.

Sorry, I must say that having to register first is a really bad idea.

If you happen to attract any free traffic via Google/Bing etc. then that (potential) customer will just move on rather than registering to see what you offer.

Good luck though.