Aircon Service / Cleaning Just With Water?

zappalot

As my Aircon showed some smell I had the company who sold this Aircon doing a service today.

The serviceman cleaned the whole unit.for this he unmounted the main parts and washed everything with the normal pipe water using a compressor. he also cleaned the parts remaining in the room with the compressor. so the whole unit was cleaned.

After mounting the unit back together he opened the Aircon. of course he told me that now he can't smell anything.but this is definitely not true. there's still some smell.

When he opened the unit I could see mould. I think cleaning with just water is not enough to get away all mold.

So I think the 600 baht he charged were wasted money.

Or is it just the normal to clean the air con with water without any ads?

Why don't you clean it yourself.....I use the bum wash gun....just extend it with some hosepipe.

Isolate the electrical supply...remove the cover...tape over the electrics...use wide clingfilm to guide the water away. Point and press...just make sure that you hold the fan to stop it rotating. Yes they only tend to use water...I don't think that it is enough. You could add a bit of washing up liquid.

I have seen these áir con cleaners' advertised...seems a bit over the top. If there is mould there then you need to remove it, maybe use a bit of bleach on a cloth, then make sure that you wash it well with the bum gun....good luck.