Visa Renewal Problem! Is This Guy Full Of Crap?

I came in on a 60-day tourist visa. I need to renew it. My plan was to get a 30-day extension. Then, when that expires, to go on a visa run and get another 60-day visa.

This guy just told me, though, that if I get the 30-day extension in country, I will have trouble when I leave the country and apply for a new 60-day visa (like I may be denied).

Is this true? Or is this guy just talking a bunch of crap?

Thanks!

I always go to Cambodia to get a new visa or activate the second leg of a double entry visa, and I always get a 30 day extension from immigration on each leg of a double entry visa.....I've never had any problems in Cambodia.

Penang in Malaysia is the only Consulate I have seen that as an issue - they have refused to issue if you have extended.

+1

If you are in the south got to Kota Bahru or KL.

Edited by PoorSucker

When I went Penang you always get one of hotels/guest houses to do it for you (you'd be insanely stupid not too given own costs with taxis), they said after 2 back to back tourist visa it wasn't guaranteed, presumably in this instance they count the extension as the second, but whilst they said wasn't guaranteed they didnt say it didnt happen (as I latter meet people with 3 back to back) on ch**** street.