Self Priming Siphon

Garry

Of interest, has anyone seen any 'self-priming siphon' for sale in Chiang Rai?

I've used these in Australia and they are a simple but excellent piece of kit. No need to suck hoses and perchance get the dreaded mouthful of fuel.

Unfortunately I don't get much opportunity to shop about when I'm home. See the photos below for what I'm looking for, but as you may notice the whole deal involves the very basic floating ball valve fitting. These things will last for ever and a day. A friend of mine as been using the same one for the last 20 odd years. I think the only thing he has done to it was change the hose once, as it was starting to get discolored.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

Garry

syphon03.jpgsyphon01.jpg

syphon02.jpg

Edited by Garry

Hi Garry. How's things?

I haven't seen any here. I have never seen one anywhere until this pic.

It would be easy to build one. Or a thousand. I am sure there are pieces and parts here that can be put together to make it. Two hydraulic hose fittings. The right size of steel ball. A bit of oversized barrel to connect the two fittings. A bit of solder. Let me know when you get home. We will build one. It will be fun.

Hi Garry. How's things?

I haven't seen any here. I have never seen one anywhere until this pic.

It would be easy to build one. Or a thousand. I am sure there are pieces and parts here that can be put together to make it. Two hydraulic hose fittings. The right size of steel ball. A bit of oversized barrel to connect the two fittings. A bit of solder. Let me know when you get home. We will build one. It will be fun.

Hi KD, yes totally agree very simple to build. I'm a hydraulics guy myself. The principle is very simple as you can imagine. That is all they have done. Just get the swage angle and right size steel ball and you should be good to go.