Proposed Koh Lan Development

JimSiam

Sounds like a pile of crap to me. Does it make any sense to build a bridge to a tiny island for the sake of a few more 3-star hotels? Its not like they would be connecting to a major industrial region or to what will become a large tourist area. If this was Singapore I could believe it, they would need the land, the island would be built all over in a decade or so and that would more than justify a bridge. But this is Pattaya, there is no shortage of land away from the beach and there just won't be the return on this huge investment needed.

No, once they've done the maths this will be dropped, it makes no sense at all.

And as for tourist numbers moving up more than 400% at the same time as the length of stay trebling, what is that projection based on?

My guess is this plan is just a marketing trick to persuade another bunch of suckers to buy some more real estate. After all, the property Ponzi scheme needs to be kept moving forward .

.. Does it make any sense to build a bridge to a tiny island for the sake of a few more 3-star hotels? ....

My friend, put on your Thai hat. Suspend sense, logic and all of the "educated" stuff you have been brainwashed with in the West. All you need to know is this: if the 3 star hotels/properties are owned by the right persons, they will build a bridge if that is their desire. I used to get severe headaches when I asked the "whys" and "hows"....since I stopped, so have the severe headaches and I am a much happier, laid back person.:rolleyes:

.. Does it make any sense to build a bridge to a tiny island for the sake of a few more 3-star hotels? ....

My friend, put on your Thai hat. Suspend sense, logic and all of the "educated" stuff you have been brainwashed with in the West. All you need to know is this: if the 3 star hotels/properties are owned by the right persons, they will build a bridge if that is their desire. I used to get severe headaches when I asked the "whys" and "hows"....since I stopped, so have the severe headaches and I am a much happier, laid back person.:rolleyes:

hehe :D

Thinking about things doesn't give me a headache at all. Its like a fitness thing, some people can go on a 10 KM run and feel invigorated by it, others may flounder and run out of gas after the first 100 metres. If thinking tires your brain out quickly, give you a headache and make you all stressed, then I understand it may not be for you. I prefer to be educated than ignorant. By the way, education is about learning to think things through, brainwashing is the opposite. Thats the same whether in the West or the East, nothing mystical about it.

If what you were trying to say was "this place is really corrupt" then just say that. And in fact, you could be right and we might see a bridge.

Thinking about things doesn't give me a headache at all. Its like a fitness thing, some people can go on a 10 KM run and feel invigorated by it, others may flounder and run out of gas after the first 100 metres. If thinking tires your brain out quickly, give you a headache and make you all stressed, then I understand it may not be for you. I prefer to be educated than ignorant. By the way, education is about learning to think things through, brainwashing is the opposite. Thats the same whether in the West or the East, nothing mystical about it.

If what you were trying to say was "this place is really corrupt" then just say that. And in fact, you could be right and we might see a bridge.

Yes, thinking too mutt gives me a headache in this weather and environment. And if that makes me ignorant or as you imply "uneducated", so be it. I do not need to justify anything to total stranger on an open forum. Good bye, o wise one.:whistling: