Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about this one:

post-42103-1206352613_thumb.jpg

post-42103-1206353138_thumb.jpg

Two pictures to make it easy.

Ladies & Gentlemen:

I would like to make a STRONG PLEA here for posting LARGER pictures. If one Googles for pictures you can make a choice between 'normal' large, extra large etc.

Many of the picture are now so small that it is absolutely impossible to even guess a continent.

For me the thrill and fun is fading away and in fact I lost my appetite a while ago because of these silly small pics..... :o

What the heck is wrong with posting larger pictures ?

P L E A S E ?

LaoPo

Sorry LP. The smaller pictures I've posted lately come straight from Google Earth and that size is the normal format for these.

I will enlarge them before posting in the future for the more myoptic amongst us - oops, I'm one of those! :D

I use an image viewer program called Faststone to enlarge, edit or even change formats of pics. Can recommend it. It's free to download.

Incidently, Boksida, you really should remove the name of your cities from your picture file before posting them. It makes it a bit too easy to pick your African city. :o

Incidently, Boksida, you really should remove the name of your cities from your picture file before posting them. It makes it a bit too easy to pick your African city. :o

Oops! Your turn.

No, It's still your turn. Have another go or try to change the name of the pics you have up. The only reason I noticed it was I saved them so I could enlarge them for LP.

Sorry LP. The smaller pictures I've posted lately come straight from Google Earth and that size is the normal format for these.

I will enlarge them before posting in the future for the more myoptic amongst us - oops, I'm one of those! :D

I use an image viewer program called Faststone to enlarge, edit or even change formats of pics. Can recommend it. It's free to download.

So you take sometimes pics from GE ? Meaning pics from people who post theirs on GE ? That's clever but also complicated since you have to open that particular file from the poster, isn't it ?

Anyway I will have a look at Faststone; good idea !

LaoPo

So you take sometimes pics from GE ? Meaning pics from people who post theirs on GE ? That's clever but also complicated since you have to open that particular file from the poster, isn't it ?

LaoPo

In GE you can view photos others have left there. For example every blue dot on the attached image is a photo of the area. These can be opened and saved.

post-18822-1206443056_thumb.jpg

To get this feature, go to Layers/Geographic web/(and click on) Panoramio.

LaoPo

In GE you can view photos others have left there. For example every blue dot on the attached image is a photo of the area. These can be opened and saved.

post-18822-1206443056_thumb.jpg

To get this feature, go to Layers/Geographic web/(and click on) Panoramio.

Yes, I know that; thanks for the help.

But to save the photo you have to open the link from the poster, right ?

I mean you can't right-click with the mouse to save it. Sometimes those photo-links take a long time to open, even with broadband... :D

So, do you have a faster solution ?

BTW: :D my wife is VERY pleased with your 'Faststone' link and sends you a kiss.... :D

Take it easy Croc...mind your heart :D

LaoPo

Thanks Old Croc!

Finally I have my turn Legally! :o

Guys should considere that I'm still in Quebec for Snowboarding time!

So different time guys!

I was suppose to stay 2 weeks here but what a great season!

400 centimeters of snow!

So now, here's the next one!

post-51588-1206669956_thumb.jpg

Edited by FroggyQc