What A Thai Woman Looks For In A Man

fritter1970

The other night I was at a bar in Chiang Mai. Just to explain, it was not a girly bar but a regular bar with regular workers. Anyway, an English guy turns up and sits at the bar. He was your typical Alpha male. A legend in his own lunch box. And he had no problem letting everyone know it.

After some time I noticed an interesting outcome to this situation. A couple of English girls who were drinking at the bar took a definite interest in the guy and his bravado. But the Thai girls who he was also trying to "conquer" appeared to almost be turned off by the guy and had absolutely no interest in him whatsoever.

I am wondering if any long-term expats can shed any light on this scenario.

Does it highlight that what Thai women like in a man is totally different to what western women like?

Do Thai women see through such a "man" and how he likely is lacking in jai dee? Is it jai dee that Thai woman find attractive in a man?

I look forward to your input....

Well if the Western girls took a fancy in him the Thai girls realized he wont be needing of their services.

A fair point except that the English girls turned up a fairly long time AFTER his attempted domination of the Thai ladies and their display of a level of "turn off" toward the guy

Women all over the world have similar attraction patterns. It is genetically programmed, with small cultural variations.

Maybe he wasn't really Alpha, but just loud mouthed? The Thai girls may have realized it, but the Western girls were impressed?

fritter. To answer your question "What A Thai Woman Looks For In A Man".

Can this man support me for a long time?

Regarding the "Alpha Male", obviously they could see that he was a short time tourist, hence their uninterest.

A guy dress to the nines walks into a bar, heads turn, both male and female to see the newcomer. He walks with confidence, striking an air of Alpha, mesmerising everyone in the bar. Takes a sit at the bar, tries chatting up with all the ladies, hoping that it will lead to a romp at his/her place later when, in walks another guy, hunching as he walks, takes a sit next to the so called Alpha, Alpha guy takes a look at the new guy and smirks to himself, what a loser this guy. 2nd guy ordered a tall glass of Shirley Temple, with umbrella and cherry on top. Drinks it all down and with his tongue, picks the cherry up from the bottom of the glass and ate it. Asked for the bill and walks out the bar with a lady in each arm. Now, who's the Alpha?

Maybe they just couldn't speak English . . .

Thais are excellent at reading non-verbal cues. Maybe they just thought that he was a bit of a cock and not worth the stress of trying to speak English. Furthermore, Thai girls tend to steer clear of face-liabilities. Even if he was truly Alpha, he sounds like a bit of a face-liability.

Women all over the world have similar attraction patterns. It is genetically programmed, with small cultural variations.

Maybe he wasn't really Alpha, but just loud mouthed? The Thai girls may have realized it, but the Western girls were impressed?

Yes, Western women are unable to recognise loud-mouthed Western idiots, even though they've grown up with them :whistling:. Whereas the Thai women recognised his 'type' immediately, even though they haven't grown up with them....

The OP joined TV recently. Sounds like a troll to me.

Yes, Western women are unable to recognise loud-mouthed Western idiots, even though they've grown up with them :whistling:. Whereas the Thai women recognised his 'type' immediately, even though they haven't grown up with them....

The OP joined TV recently. Sounds like a troll to me.

I am new to Thaivisa. Just wondering, what the hell is a "troll" ?

Thai girls are usually unconfrontational, unless they are bargirls.

English girls were obviously desperate, like all farang women in Thailand. (puts on flame suit)

Yes, all farang women move to Thailand as they are desperate to find a man :rolleyes:.

Having said this, I get your point that Thailand is certainly not the destination for farang women to look for a man :lol:.

You will obviously find this hard to understand, but single farang women know this, and those that need a man in their life tend to move back to the West.

Obviously there are always a few exceptions, but they are VERY few, and VERY far between, much as you would like to believe otherwise.

Edited by F1fanatic

It is a good guess they had seen this guy before or had gone home with someone just like him and learned their lesson. ;)

I love the “regular bar with regular workers” line. Thai women who hangout in any kind of bar are a definite subgroup of the general population and not the norm.

Thai girls are usually unconfrontational, unless they are bargirls.

English girls were obviously desperate, like all farang women in Thailand. (puts on flame suit)

Yes, all farang women move to Thailand as they are desperate to find a man :rolleyes:.

Having said this, I get your point that Thailand is certainly not the destination for farang women to look for a man :lol:.

You will obviously find this hard to understand, but single farang women know this, and those that need a man in their life tend to move back to the West.

Obviously there are always a few exceptions, but they are VERY few, and VERY far between, much as you would like to believe otherwise.

Erm sorry I am a woman and I am farang and I definitely did NOT move here to find a man. I would be crazy if I was, most men here are obviously into Thai women.

Not surprisingly, a reminder of forum rules is already necessary in this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

It is a good guess they had seen this guy before or had gone home with someone just like him and learned their lesson. ;)

I love the "regular bar with regular workers" line. Thai women who hangout in any kind of bar are a definite subgroup of the general population and not the norm.

You have a good point. The bar I am talking about tends to employ women who are single mothers. Do you think that rather than trying to earn an "honest living" (ie. to work in a bar rather than be a prostitute) they are really fishing for a big fish (ie. farang with money to look after her and her child?)

I love the "regular bar with regular workers" line. Thai women who hangout in any kind of bar are a definite subgroup of the general population and not the norm.

You have a good point. The bar I am talking about tends to employ women who are single mothers. Do you think that rather than trying to earn an "honest living" (ie. to work in a bar rather than be a prostitute) they are really fishing for a big fish (ie. farang with money to look after her and her child?)

Oh Christ - another bloody troll....

Surely those of us who live here have lots to talk and laugh about without the obvious trolls??!

Like in any trading, they like them over the hill, if not one foot in the grave, so they can have a real relationship after they cash up their in-heritage.

It's bad enough when you read Falang men who say (in one way or another), 'All Thai women are prostitutes' -- but it's even more ugly to me when it's a woman who says it.

Shameful.

Like in any trading, they like them over the hill, if not one foot in the grave, so they can have a real relationship after they cash up their in-heritage.

It's bad enough when you read Falang men who say (in one way or another), 'All Thai women are prostitutes' -- but it's even more ugly to me when it's a woman who says it.

Shameful.

I'm looking forward to your explanation as to why you find women pointing this out more offensive than men

Edit - But as I said before, this is clearly a troll poster, so why are we feeding the troll??

Edited by F1fanatic

Shameful.

I'm looking forward to your explanation as to why you find women pointing this out more offensive than men

Edit - But as I said before, this is clearly a troll poster, so why are we feeding the troll??

I actually don't mean to be presumptuous or annoying -- though probably am being both (hardly the first time) -- but I knew you would would ask me that. Mind you it's presumptuous of you to rather imperiously assume that you'd get one -- rather than asking...

I also note your use of "pointing this out" rathr than 'saying this'. Not the least bit surprising coming from you (you are nothing if not consistent).

I was about to post this without an explanation just out of spite because of the way you phrased your post but that's even too petty and puerile for me so I'll humor you (and I suspect you'll enjoy this): I'd hope for some decency and respect towards women from anyone but at the very least other women. And when it's a western woman in Thailand -- who are so often but certainly not always, bitter and unceasingly disparaging of Thai women -- well, it's an ugly stereotype brought to life. (A stereotype that I hate hearing being batted around by twisted misogynist Farangs who have failed miserably at relationships with western women/ in the west and will never get over it. Familiar with them maybe?)

As in, Thai women, all 30 million of them? Of course they all like the same man. Without revealing too much, I can tell you, boy is he exhausted, but happier than most.

OK. If you're prepared to 'feed the troll' - then yes, there are always a few basics....

Somebody of a similar age

Somebody from a similar background and socio-economic group

Somebody who has a similar outlook on life

That about sums it up for Western women, but you can throw all of these requirements out of the window for Thai women.

Yes, there are some who live in a village where Western men are unknown - they are only looking for love, BUT will understandably look to this from a Thai man first (human nature).

Once the man has let them down and they have a child.... an entirely different story.