on TV i have gotten many rude negative totally off the mark comments and posts

uncalled for unasked for completely unecessary from some very unhappy people

while on FB with hundreds of contacts, never has this happened to me

people for the most part are extremely polite and well behaved

i am not putting TV down

i have found it extremely helpful

i just notice a very big difference between the two

that's all :whistling:

The two formats are in no way similar, other than people contacting other people over the internet. In Facebook most people are recognizable unless someone is intentionally creating a fictitious persona, On forums such as this one most people remain anonymous.

Thaivisa Vs. a cucumber:

- Cucumbers are cool and refreshing

- Thaivisa has mean people

- Cucumbers are sometimes sour

- Thaivisa has mean people

Overall i think cucumbers are better! I think thaivisa needs to step up it's game.

I remember the days when a forum was good for posting information or simply looking for advice

Nowa days people just seem to post any old rubbish....How long is a piece of string !!!

The forum is what you make it, if you post rubbish then thats what you get. If you don't contribute in any kind of positive way, then thats what you get.

FB is not anonymous, the forum is. There are many keyboard warriors out there who say things they would never say to anyone's face.

If you want an interesting and stimulating forum then help contribute to and maintain interesting topics. Don't respond to the negative nellies and don't get drawn into pointless arguments. Report posts that breach forum rules.

They are totally different aren't they? I don't see how you can compare them at all.

They've nothing to do with one another at all.

A comparative note would have inquired the difference between TV and one of it's numerous Thai-forum competitors. In which, it would have been trash immediately.

Yes.. On Facebook you are also responsible for your own posts and comments. Meaning there is total freedom of speech.

Not exactly true. Facebook does have its own rules and guidelines, and if you fall foul of them you're given very little leeway: at the very most, you might get just one chance before an instant ban with no way of re-activating your account. Admittedly Thaivisa has far stricter rules, but at least you're usually given some advance warning before you're booted off.