Yingluck Expresses Concern Over Frauds In Ballot Box Storage

Lite Beer

Personally, I don't think this is about the ballot boxes at all. Thaksin's camp is thinking 2 steps ahead. By complaining about supposed "ballot box security issues" then it positions them for a win/win situation.

If they win she could say "We did so even with our foes trying to cheat"

If they loose they can use it as another exuse to have their terrorist redshirts go on rampage in Bangkok, (again) "Look and see how the elitists are holding you down! They won't let you have your say, attack!"

Quote from your own post , " I applaud the military for their actions and I hope they can suppress them."

Edited by metisdead
Corrected the spelling of a former PM's name.

Personally, I don't think this is about the ballot boxes at all. Thaksin's camp is thinking 2 steps ahead. By complaining about supposed "ballot box security issues" then it positions them for a win/win situation.

If they loose they can use it as another exuse to have their terrorist redshirts go on rampage in Bangkok, (again) "Look and see how the elitists are holding you down! They won't let you have your say, attack!"

Quote from your own post , " I applaud the military for their actions and I hope they can suppress them."

Thats right, I want to see the red shirt terrorist group annihilated and their ring leader Thaksin to stand trial here in Thailand.

Edited by metisdead
Corrected misspelling of form PM's name.

The ballot boxes are being kept under lock and key AND video surveillance. What exactly is she worried about?

Maybe she's just setting up another "we was robbed" excuse.

Isn't it the local police, who are guarding the ballot-boxes, perhaps someone regards them as less-than-totally incorruptible ? B)

They are under CC surveilance as well.

This thread is just the obligatory "don't trust them" or "don't trust anyone but us" that is a core red/ptp simple message they can repeat until it is beleived.

Thats right, I want to see the red shirt terrorist group annihilated and their ring leader Taxsin to stand trial here in Thailand.

Does that mean you want to "annihilate" over half the electorate ???

Perhaps you are from the wrong era and in the wrong country............

Thats right, I want to see the red shirt terrorist group annihilated and their ring leader Taxsin to stand trial here in Thailand.

Lies, dam_n Lies, Statistics .... 50%+ are red shirt terrorists?

I guess you should get some points for not denying that some of the reds are terrorists Phil ... but even with Newin's faction PPP got about 36% last election (far less without Newin etc's votes ...)

This would tend to indicate that it is still the regional power families (some of which, like S'noh, have rejoined the Thaksin camp instead of managing their own parties) are still controlling politics upcountry.

The ballot boxes are being kept under lock and key AND video surveillance. What exactly is she worried about?

Maybe she's just setting up another "we was robbed" excuse.

Isn't it the local police, who are guarding the ballot-boxes, perhaps someone regards them as less-than-totally incorruptible ? B)

Three different groups are monitoring the ballot boxes:

The room will be closely monitored by the police, the Election Commission, and the Provincial Administration on a 24-hour basis, with all three agencies holding the key to the rooms and with inspections to ensure transparency.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=478173&view=findpost&p=4516705

also:

EC member Prapun Naigowit said ballot boxes would be kept at district offices under 24-hour surveillance, with three officials taking turns at monitoring security cameras.

Yingluck's concerns seem to be rather unfounded.

The are far greater concerns for her coming up - how the hell she will actually run an entire country of 67M people and with so many different interests to satisfy if she does actually win.

I think the water will be too deep for her, and there won't always be her brother or others around to prevent her from drowning.

Edited by hyperdimension

The are far greater concerns for her coming up - how the hell she will actually run an entire country of 67M people and with so many different interests to satisfy if she does actually win.

I think the water will be too deep for her, and there won't always be her brother or others around to prevent her from drowning.

I'm sure someone will throw her a rope.

in other words, it appears as PT is not getting the amount of votes they dreamed expected, so it must be fraud somewhere :blink:

Hopefully, you are right

I have a recent comment from a Udon Thai person. PT canvassers and hangers on recently visited every house in the area, demanded to be given full details of every person over 18 at each house, demanded ID card numbers etc., handed out how to vote literature and left.

Next morning a totally plain envelope was in every letter box with 1,000Baht cash for every person over 18. Who delivered the envelope and cash, easy answer - the Easter bunny of course.

What a load of rubbish. I have a recent comment from a Udon Thai. The democrats there are paying 3000 Baht per family for a group vote. If you believe your person then presumably you will believe mine as well.

We can all make up this tosh.

in other words, it appears as PT is not getting the amount of votes they dreamed expected, so it must be fraud somewhere :blink:

Hopefully, you are right

I have a recent comment from a Udon Thai person. PT canvassers and hangers on recently visited every house in the area, demanded to be given full details of every person over 18 at each house, demanded ID card numbers etc., handed out how to vote literature and left.

Next morning a totally plain envelope was in every letter box with 1,000Baht cash for every person over 18. Who delivered the envelope and cash, easy answer - the Easter bunny of course.

What a load of rubbish. I have a recent comment from a Udon Thai. The democrats there are paying 3000 Baht per family for a group vote. If you believe your person then presumably you will believe mine as well.

The anti-Thaksin brigage will only believe anti-Thaksin propaganda so no, they will not believe your claim, made up or not. By the same token, the anti-Thaksin brigade will say the same about the others.

The anti-Thaksin brigage will only believe anti-Thaksin propaganda so no, they will not believe your claim, made up or not. By the same token, the anti-Thaksin brigade will say the same about the others.

I may have missed something. An 'anti-Thaksin' brigade? What does that have to do with Ms. Yingluck's concern? Oh and by the way, k. Thaksin is not a candidate in this election, so discussing pro/anti Thaksin should be a bit off topic, now shouldn't it <_<

I may have missed something. An 'anti-Thaksin' brigade? What does that have to do with Ms. Yingluck's concern? Oh and by the way, k. Thaksin is not a candidate in this election, so discussing pro/anti Thaksin should be a bit off topic, now shouldn't it <_<

Of course Thaksin is always on topic, when you have his sister, another more than usual front man for Thaksin, leading his puppet party. Please get real.

Your own post, "From the OP 'understand the true intentions of the party' and 'have faith in PTP' Somehow this sounds like an oxymoron to me" would be equally off topic now, don't you think?

It's a pity that Ms Yingluck lacked the time, to spell-out in detail exactly what her concern was & who she suspects, is it the police or the E.C. or her political-opponents ? Is it ballot-stuffing or 'accidental loss' of ballot-boxes or is it the mechanics of the registration-process, and what would she propose to do in any future election, to avoid the perceived-problem from occurring again ?

I'm sure that, with her wide experience of managing large companies, she would have had some constructive suggestions to make ?

But no doubt she had another more-pressing engagement to attend. Perhaps a public-debate, or something. <_<

Interesting that she also mentioned in-passing supporting fruit-prices in Eastern-Thailand, I wonder whether she recalls the effects, of the free-trade agreement on agricultural-products, which was signed several years ago with China. Local fruit-farmers in my part of the North-West certainly do remember the subsequent fall in prices.

Didn't a later government have to pay to dump large-quantities of rotten-fruit, which had been purchased & inadequately-stored, in an effort to prop-up prices ? And didn't PM-Samak lead a patriotic-drive to Thai consumers on his TV-show, urging them to buy the more-expensive Thai-varieties of garlic, which he believed to be much more tasty than the cheaper imported garlic ?

Perhaps Ms Yingluck might ask her brother what he recalls about the result of the Sino-Thai FTA, while seeking his advice, on how to raise the prices paid to local-farmers for their fruit. Or perhaps he might think that a waste of her valuable time. B)

Your own post, "From the OP 'understand the true intentions of the party' and 'have faith in PTP' Somehow this sounds like an oxymoron to me" would be equally off topic now, don't you think?

I disagree. I clearly quote parts of the OP which I find somewhat hilarious. I agree with you that Ms. Yingluck should not have mentioned her brother or maybe should not have had the need to mention her brother. It's interesting to see PTP candidates contradict themselves on the subject of amnesty, the urge to, and k. Thaksin. Anyway the ballot boxes are safe, guarded by three police officers day-and-night and under observation by CCTV camera's. No need for Ms. Yingluck to be concerned. She may concentrate on the remainder of the campaigns and force herself to keep smiling. ;)

Edited by rubl

I disagree. I clearly quote parts of the OP which I find somewhat hilarious. I agree with you that Ms. Yingluck should not have mentioned her brother or maybe should not have had the need to mention her brother. It's interesting to see PTP candidates contradict themselves on the subject of amnesty, the urge to, and k. Thaksin. Anyway the ballot boxes are safe, guarded by three police officers day-and-night and under observation by CCTV camera's. No need for Ms. Yingluck to be concerned. She may concentrate on the remainder of the campaigns and force herself to keep smiling. ;)

No worries, we agree to disagree :)

But "force herself to keep smiling"? I doubt that will be necessary. I would venture that it's the Democrats who would have to force themselves to keep smiling when the results are known.

But "force herself to keep smiling"? I doubt that will be necessary. I would venture that it's the Democrats who would have to force themselves to keep smiling when the results are known.

Why should they?

Anyway, if, repeat IF PTP = UDD wins a way or another and forms a government, it will be for a limited time only, as their real plans will become facts, and when they will be rejected a way or another. Then we will see who will have to force themselves to smile

As someone else so accurately pointed out, you need to back up those bogus stats you thrown out in your last email.

I'm not one to mix words, I said Annihilate and that's exactly what I meant.

However, if your asking about numbers, I would say in the throng of misguided peasant followers, that the red shirt terrorists hide amongst, there are but a small minority that are shooting people and burning down buildings. However if they will be sheltered by the throngs, then the throngs need to be made aware of the dire consequences of their actions ,in no uncertain terms by the military.

Collateral damage is never pretty, but in my opinion, vital in this case. Lest they grow like a cancer and kill Thailand from the inside out.

Why should they?

Anyway, if, repeat IF PTP = UDD wins a way or another and forms a government, it will be for a limited time only, as their real plans will become facts, and when they will be rejected a way or another. Then we will see who will have to force themselves to smile

Behold, a soothsayer in our midst.

Conversely, the pro-Thaksin battalion will only believe pro-Thaksin propaganda, so no they will not believe scorecard's claim. By the same token, the pro-Thaksin battalion will believe somo's claim, made up or not.

Isn't life grand?

Edited by Buchholz

Conversely, the pro-Thaksin battalion will only believe pro-Thaksin propaganda, so no they will not believe scorecard's claim. By the same token, the pro-Thaksin battalion will believe somo's claim, made up or not.

Isn't life grand?

Yes :)

I meant to say "By the same token, the PRO-Thaksin brigade will say the same about the others." Thanks for the correction.

Why should they?

I might have picked that talent from you..... You should read your post again, Master

It's a pity that Ms Yingluck lacked the time, to spell-out in detail exactly what her concern was & who she suspects, is it the police or the E.C. or her political-opponents ? Is it ballot-stuffing or 'accidental loss' of ballot-boxes or is it the mechanics of the registration-process, and what would she propose to do in any future election, to avoid the perceived-problem from occurring again ?

I'm sure that, with her wide experience of managing large companies, she would have had some constructive suggestions to make ?

But no doubt she had another more-pressing engagement to attend. Perhaps a public-debate, or something. <_<

:cheesy:

It's actually a sad situation for Thailand in that the majority didn't see their desire for her to debate fulfilled... but still, a humorous way to drive home that aspect.

Your additional points on the ballot boxes is also spot on. With round the clock monitoring by separate agencies, just what her concerns are are anyone's guess. Can she ever expound on any issue beyond "concerns" or "worries"?

Edited by Buchholz

Why should they?

I might have picked that talent from you..... You should read your post again, Master

I did, before I posted my reply. My words were: I doubt that will be necessary. I would venture........

Your words: it WILL be for a limited time only, as their real plans WILL BECOME FACTS.

Slight distinction, I believe.