Phuket Customs Warns Of Foreigners Cheating Thai Ladies

webfact

Phuket Customs warns of foreigners cheating Thai ladies

phuket-1-10578BTVXbgeYHAAlIwcRkSTmGaxQoi.jpg

Thai Customs have issued a warning for Thai ladies to beware of cheating foreigners.

PHUKET: -- Thai Customs officials at Phuket International Airport have issued a warning for Thai ladies not to be deceived by foreigners asking for money to help pay for import or customs duties.

“Customs have received many complaints from victims explaining that the ‘thieves’ are foreigners they made friends with on the internet,” said Customs officer Monthira Cherdchu.

“For awhile, they send the victims presents, but then they phone or email the victims asking that they transfer money to their accounts to pay for VAT [value-added tax] or import taxes at the airport,” she added.

Ms Monthira explained that one foreigner asked a Thai woman to send him money because he said he was being held at Phuket Airport by Thai Customs for trying to bring into the country too much foreign currency.

“Instead, the lady contacted Customs officers here at Phuket Airport. The officers checked but then told the lady that no foreigners with the name she gave were being held at the airport. The officers suggested she report the problem to the police,” she said.

Mrs Monthira urged anyone who receives similar pleas for help to contact the Customs Office at Phuket Airport by calling 076-327435.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-06-29

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The foreigners are probably trying to recoup some of the monies they have contributed to the welfare of the sick buffaloes over the years. Its a 'dog eat dog' world out there, getting tough to tell who is the f..kee and the f..kor any more.

How dare foreigners come here and cheat our women. If it keeps up like this Isaan will go bankrupt, and foreigners will have a bad name in Thailand.

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

How dare foreigners come here and cheat our women. If it keeps up like this Isaan will go bankrupt, and foreigners will have a bad name in Thailand.

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

Agreed. When they are many lovestruck expats losing their life savings every day in Thailand thinking they are supporting the love of their life and being left with nothing, it's kinda hard to feel sorry for this one anonymous woman (is she does exist) who lost nothing and the other women in the rumoured other cases.

Agreed. When they are many lovestruck expats losing their life savings every day in Thailand thinking they are supporting the love of their life and being left with nothing, it's kinda hard to feel sorry for this one anonymous woman (is she does exist) who lost nothing and the other women in the rumoured other cases.

Any Expat over the age of 45 that has or is in the process of losing their life savings because they are LOVESTRUCK .... deserves it! IMHO :rolleyes:

Edited by LivinginKata
oversized fonts edited

I'd hate to be the guy in this picture. Probably had nothing to do with the story either.

But I think the story has more to do with the Thai Ladies who use on-line dating services looking for a "nice" guy and runs into a scammer. Probably the same scammer who posts a picture of a pretty Thai lady and then starts writing to some lonely heart male looking for love. Asks for money to be sent her (him) to pay for the sick buffalo and the love smitten idiot sends the money. Hey, if it works one-way why not the other they figure.

Personally, I have already met a few young ladies I was introduced to by my GF, who have fallen for this scam. They live in Issan. I they were asked to send money to a "Thai Bank Account" to pay import taxes on expensive gifts they were being sent. Now why would there be a Thai Bank account? There seems to be a lot of naive young Thai women who think that meeting a foreign man is the only way to get ahead in life. Many of these women get lured even tricked into posting their pictures and life stories on these dating/meeting websites. Maybe it's as much of these websites fault in making false promises as it is the women fir being naive. There may have been many successful relationships evolve but maybe not as many as the websites will claim.

Edited by Mrjlh

This is one of the big problems with the Thai psyche and xenephobia; they have had this type of thinking ingrained in them since birth.

Why does it have to be about foreigners and Thais; wouldn't it be wise to just say to everyone; be aware, be smart and vigilant and don't be decieved by anyone....guess that is beyond the Thai scope of thinking...at least the govt's :annoyed:

This is one of the big problems with the Thai psyche and xenephobia; they have had this type of thinking ingrained in them since birth.

Why does it have to be about foreigners and Thais; wouldn't it be wise to just say to everyone; be aware, be smart and vigilant and don't be decieved by anyone....guess that is beyond the Thai scope of thinking...at least the govt's :annoyed:

+1

A friend who was chatting with a falang she met on internet wasn't cheated out of anything except her time. The guy was making all sorts of out landish promises and telling her he wanted to buy a house and had her running around looking for one. I tried to tell her the guy was bullsh-t but she wanted to believe the best of him.

The story finally unravelled when the down payment wasn't sent as promised and communication stopped. Needless to say he recieved one very angry email calling him things worse than a bufflo.

What the guy got out of it who knows but he did hurt a very nice woman, she had grown to like the guy during their chats

In this statement I believe they've transposed the subject and object, shouldn't it more accurately read;

Phuket Customs warns of Thai ladies cheating foreigners...

Foreigners, that covers a lot of Nationalities, there are some that could teach the Thai ladies a trick or two, were not all from Aus, USA. West Europe

Similar things have happened to 3 of my Thai ladyfriends

1 - Met a guy on a website they swapped email for 2 years no cam t cam though. And he sent regular photo's to her.

She got an email from a bona fida UK Courier with an invoice for 35,000 Customs for a wedding present for her parents to show he was serious about her.

She sent the money then obviously heard no more. I contacted the Courier Company when she told me and the person had used a schill email puporting to be from them.

2 - Nigerian guy (surprise Surprise) did the typical Nigerian scam. Luckily she told me just after she'd emailed her bank details. I told her to go into her bank immediately to change her account details. She did just as a request for 25,000 came from abroad and it was stopped.

The Nigerian got nasty and sent her an e-ticket showing he was flying to Bangkok to kill her. I told her the ticket was fake but she was scared all the time.

3 - Another friend met a guy on holiday from France. They got very close then after he went to France he sent her a ticket to go. Luckily her Visa was refused.

I contacted him via email asking to buy a Vietmanese girl and he said he had 4 of differing ages. I don't need to say anymore about her possible fate.

There is pure evil out there and it comes from all sides.

“Customs have received many complaints from victims explaining that the ‘thieves’ are foreigners they made friends with on the internet,” said Customs officer Monthira Cherdchu.

Customs are warning people about 'thieves'?

:lol:

The foreigners are probably trying to recoup some of the monies they have contributed to the welfare of the sick buffaloes over the years. Its a 'dog eat dog' world out there, getting tough to tell who is the f..kee and the f..kor any more.

In a dog eat dog world it is imperative that you not wear Milk Bone underwear.

(Google it)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

som-nam-na!!! the farang bites back!!!

There are of course exceptions, but the shear arrogance of some thai-birds in their scams and heartless schemes that really hurt people, emotionally.....

Playing with fire > getting burned > pot calling kettle > etc.

Edited by corkman

Some TV Farangs here almost automatically hit back with bad things about Thai ladies when the issue is about foreigner scams. Well, a warning from Custom won't hurt, even though it is very late to mention this well known cheats. And admittedly, not all of the foreigners at Nana Entertainment are crooks. Some are even nice ordinary tourists.

In this statement I believe they've transposed the subject and object, shouldn't it more accurately read;

Phuket Customs warns of Thai ladies cheating foreigners...

Foreigners, that covers a lot of Nationalities, there are some that could teach the Thai ladies a trick or two, were not all from Aus, USA. West Europe

the problem is that many of the foreigner coming from those countries, very often are so egocentrics that they think that all the rest of the foreigner coming to Thailand are so stupids as they are, but that is no true, i see many Farang geting riped in my country too, exactly the same like in here. I my opinion Thai women are good and very hardworking people, but unfortunately many farang think that all the Thai ladies are like the bar girls ,that very often, they get married with :(

farang = from other country = bad = be aware!

Thai women = 'ladies' = good, nice, beautiful = innocent at any given time!

Thank you, Phuket Customs! How very helpful.

(by the way, I think ending the World Heritage Convention membership was also a very intelligent and far-sighted move, just as we are used to it here in Thailand. :rolleyes: )

Edited by pepi2005

Some TV Farangs here almost automatically hit back with bad things about Thai ladies when the issue is about foreigner scams. Well, a warning from Custom won't hurt, even though it is very late to mention this well known cheats. And admittedly, not all of the foreigners at Nana Entertainment are crooks. Some are even nice ordinary tourists.

Agreed - several Farang posters on this thread confirm that this is happening - why shouldn't Phuket Immigration warn vulnerable young women about potential scams. By Farangs - I suspect they are talking about whites

Sadly, many Thais rarely elevate Nigerians and other black people even to the dubious status of Farang

where is the time where thai gangs tried to lure farang with comming to their home country, the farang victims only had to pay a few hunderd euros or dollars as the passport of the thai lady was in the hands of thai customs :)

i remember such a large scam about 10 years ago

big LOL that any thai 'lady' will pay anything as the money always goes the other direction

In a dog eat dog world it is imperative that you not wear Milk Bone underwear.

(Google it)

These things are happening on these love line sites, as it's easy to contact and easy to get hurt.

But why the Thai ladies have to go on the sites to get a boy friend or a husband ?? why look for foreigners ?? is it because they like white skin, or the experience of him , or is he more than likely not going to knock her around, or is it his visa card ?? there are many Thai well to do men so why not go after them ??

Then the other side of the coin, why do foreigners come here ?? because they like the colour of the skin, or the more petite lady, or are they more adventurous in the bed ?? or is it they can get a young lady for a small fee??

The world out there knows that in general in S/E Asia that the ladies here are after a better life, and that means money and luxuries and love, being the case they are open to SHARKS, and are fair easy pickings. Maybe wave a bit of private or Political money around and they are easy led.