Does Anybody Else Feel Overwhelmed With This Visa Stuff

Hi

I did the tourist visa about six months ago and yes it was very daunting at first , but turned out to be ok , a bit over the top with paperwork in my opinion ,

The marrige process and settlement visa seems to be a minefield of potential problems and a lot of stress , im hoping it gets better and im sure this forum will help , because im not using an agent as i think it viable to do yourself.

The whole process is designed to slow up the application , because the goverment doesnt want it to be easy they want it to be difficult , thus meaning less people come to live in the uk , and thats what they want , only my opinion of course :)

But goodluck to you :)

I don't understand what all the arguing is about. There is already the kind of structured approach you desire.

Applicant has solid income, money in the bank, obedient travel history = application less scrutinised, less documentary evidence required.

No money, no home-country ties, romantic relationship with UK-based sponsor = application further scrutinised, more documentary evidence required.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

And yes, clearly, if you are considered an important person - Diplomat, Royalty - visas can be fast-tracked, as you'd expect.

It happens based on nationality. It happens based on work-load. It happens as a fact of life.

Manarak, you seem to feel that as a sponsor, your good standing she expedite the applicant's visa application. This can never happen as you are not the one main focus of scrutiny.

I suppose using an Agent to obtain the relevant Visa is a matter of personal choice,which will be expensive.

The way to look at it is,when you walk into the Agents Office,they dont even know your name,or your personal circumstances,

The only way they can do their Job,is to ask you the questions,simply because you have all the answers NOT THEM.

There is no guarantee of success either,and an Agent Submitting your application,carries no more weight in being successful than yours,

Presuming your Reading and Writing Skills are adequate,there should not be a problem,and in Bankok,their are many Thai Agents.

So if they can do it,so can you, and save yourself a lot of money?

I am a New Zealanderand I started looking at the requirements for Visitor Visa to New Zealand for my Thai girlfriend.

Theinformation from immigration NZ is given in countless references and formsand is complicated,labyrinthine, and in many cases contradictory. There is absolutely no provision made by New Zealand embassy orImmigration Thailand to provide atelephone service to provide simple answers to questions.

Ring the Embassy itself and you will go downanother labyrinth of messages leading back to the start. But the basic message is we are the embassy,here are our working hours, notice how long lunch time is, and feel lucky you received this message.

You can call in to wait two or three hours if you want tofind out anything, and after about four days intensive study I decided thatI would have to, and did get down to the embassy.

The Embassy officer was polite and helpful.

I was pleased to learn that a sponsor who provides good proof ofintention can likely overcome the requirements for return tickets before youeven know if you will get a Visa.

I was also pleased to find that I can make the application form [ inrequired English ] for Thai speaking girl friend. That is we can apply from Thailand and later I can send sponsor detail from New Zealand.

I took home a coupleof forms and went through the requirements step by step. There are some weirdand wacky contradictions , and it takestime to come to grips with this aloof culture.

I am a New Zealanderand I started looking at the requirements for Visitor Visa to New Zealand for my Thai girlfriend.

Theinformation from immigration NZ is given in countless references and formsand is complicated,labyrinthine, and in many cases contradictory. There is absolutely no provision made by New Zealand embassy orImmigration Thailand to provide atelephone service to provide simple answers to simple questions.

Ring the Embassy itself and you will go downanother convoluted series of messages and press this number or that leading back to the start.

But the basis message is we are the embassy,here are our working hours, notice how long lunch time is, and feel lucky you received this message.

You can call in to wait two or three hours if you want tofind out anything, and after about four days intensive study I decided thatI would have to, and did get down to the embassy.

The Embassy officer was polite and helpful.

I was pleased to learn that a sponsor who provides good proof ofintention can likely overcome the requirements for return tickets before youeven know if you will get a Visa.

I was also pleased to find that i can make the application form [ inrequired English ] for Thai speaking girl friend. That is we can apply from Thailand and later I can send sponsor detail from New Zealand.

I took home a couple of forms and went through the requirementsstep by step. There are some weird and wacky contradictions , and it takes time to come to grips with this aloofculture.