280-400 Baht A Beer

ESB7

How would anyone feel if almost every bar in Pattaya charged this amount for a small bottle of beer....bars would be empty.....well, being a non drinker and only having soda or a soft drink, this is what I am subjected to if I ever visit a bar...50, 60 70 baht for a 7 Baht bottle of soda..rip off......

bars should sell all their products at a loss, anything else is unacceptable imho rolleyes.gif

100-200% mark up is acceptable but 700-1000% mark up is theft...seriously if you went in a bar and asked for a small heineken and everytime was charged almost 400 baht, wouldnt be good would it

The prices sometimes doesn't really matter's.....

specialy if there's some sexy friendly willing staff in the bar...and that's why you pay extra for...in any bar or agogo...

Or you sit in the wrong bar whit expensive drinks and no fun at all....

But bar owner's know that if they put 50 or 100 bath on a drink their customer buys it anyway...so why not.

Same you,you dont like the price 50 bath for a 7 bath soda...but i am sure your are paying the 50 bath for it when you in a bar...

So you can't really call this a rip off...it's a i want to be ripped of case..and not ripped of case.

If you want your cheap soda,go 7/11 drink it outside and go back to the bar...laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

This is pattaya,tourist city...and in places like this prices always will be higher....

look at amsterdam capital of the netherlands.....the weed prices for falang are good for them...but if you drive to for example rotterdam(another dutch city)you will discover that you get more weed there for the same money...

And this is because of the people who sell it know that people buy the stuff,if they put 30 or 50 or even 100 euro,they will sell it.....pattaya bars same same system....

How do i know some bars where you pay 35 bath for a tiger and 45 bath for a heiniken in daytime in central pattaya...it's all up to ourselves....

But i think your soda case....will be unresolved...lol....no way a bar will sell you a cheap 10 bath soda in pattaya...and if you find one please notice it in your topic so we all can go buy cheap soda in the bars...laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif...i mean if we want...

bars should sell all their products at a loss, anything else is unacceptable imho rolleyes.gif

100-200% mark up is acceptable but 700-1000% mark up is theft...seriously if you went in a bar and asked for a small heineken and everytime was charged almost 400 baht, wouldnt be good would it

I agree wouldnt be good....but i think there will be still customers buying the 400 bath heiniken.....i mean if all the bars would have a price range for 400 bath a heiniken....i would and i am almost sure you would...specially if there are good smiling sexy comunicating hostes...sorry for my english..

Peaceeeeejap.gif

i doubt very much you have 10 sodas when you go in a bar, but someone drinking would have 10 beers. hence why you pay a little more wink.gif

specialy if there's some sexy friendly willing staff in the bar...and that's why you pay extra for...in any bar or agogo...

But bar owner's know that if they put 50 or 100 bath on a drink their customer buys it anyway...so why not.

Same you,you dont like the price 50 bath for a 7 bath soda...but i am sure your are paying the 50 bath for it when you in a bar...

So you can't really call this a rip off...it's a i want to be ripped of case..and not ripped of case.

If you want your cheap soda,go 7/11 drink it outside and go back to the bar...laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

This is pattaya,tourist city...and in places like this prices always will be higher....

look at amsterdam capital of the netherlands.....the weed prices for falang are good for them...but if you drive to for example rotterdam(another dutch city)you will discover that you get more weed there for the same money...

And this is because of the people who sell it know that people buy the stuff,if they put 30 or 50 or even 100 euro,they will sell it.....pattaya bars same same system....

How do i know some bars where you pay 35 bath for a tiger and 45 bath for a heiniken in daytime in central pattaya...it's all up to ourselves....

But i think your soda case....will be unresolved...lol....no way a bar will sell you a cheap 10 bath soda in pattaya...and if you find one please notice it in your topic so we all can go buy cheap soda in the bars...laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif...i mean if we want...

25-30 Baht is OK and that is a whopping 400% mark up...but 50 Baht up is a dsgrace...yes I choose not to go but sometimes must

You are actually paying a hidden cover charge. The bar owner, probably has his overhead divided by the number of chairs, table spaces or whatever. This happens in many countries, Thailand is not unique.

You are actually paying a hidden cover charge. The bar owner, probably has his overhead divided by the number of chairs, table spaces or whatever. This happens in many countries, Thailand is not unique.

good post!

The high price guarantees both the manager and the girls that the people who are in the bar at the time are actually paying for the entertainment - You dont own a bar to run at a loss - and you also cant expect to get free show's every night. Maybe they should cover charge those not drinking alcohol - would this be fair ?

If you were able to buy a bottle water in all the gogo's for 10 baht then surely the gogo's would be overflowing with customers not spending money. So why would anyone want to run a bar.

This to some extent will guarantee the manager that the people that are willing to spend the money receive the best entertainment.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

Edited by joker7

I agree wouldnt be good....but i think there will be still customers buying the 400 bath heiniken.....i mean if all the bars would have a price range for 400 bath a heiniken....i would and i am almost sure you would...specially if there are good smiling sexy comunicating hostes...sorry for my english..

Peaceeeeejap.gif

400bht for heineken !!! i would not drink it for free its p.sss

give me a chang

the russian gogos charge 300 baht for a heineken. some say that is too expensive. i'm one of the very few farang expats that have been there and it puts a hole in my pocket pretty fast. :blink:

25-30 Baht is OK and that is a whopping 400% mark up...but 50 Baht up is a dsgrace...yes I choose not to go but sometimes must

well, seems YOUR russian bars are the ones charging 300 baht for a heineken. :ermm:

i typically order draft beers and it saves me some money. instead of spending 10k i spend 6k in a night.

just stay in front of a 7/11 or Thai Mini Mart some even have benches and/or tables outside, watch the show and the girlz on the street and enjoy your cheap soda, stop complaining about things you obviousely lose the nack to understand why... so don't!

Edited by Samuian

The high price guarantees both the manager and the girls that the people who are in the bar at the time are actually paying for the entertainment - You dont own a bar to run at a loss - and you also cant expect to get free show's every night. Maybe they should cover charge those not drinking alcohol - would this be fair ?

If you were able to buy a bottle water in all the gogo's for 10 baht then surely the gogo's would be overflowing with customers not spending money. So why would anyone want to run a bar.

This to some extent will guarantee the manager that the people that are willing to spend the money receive the best entertainment.

I dont expect to pay 10 baht and am aware a business must make a profit...considering that 99% of customers drink beer or spirits there really is no need to charge so much...as stated 30 baht is OK, and thats a 400% or more mark up.........whatabout a sang som and soda..70 baht....so why charge so much just for soda..it really equates to greed, nothing more and nothing less......rmichaeld.....where are the cheap places for those that wish entertainment without drinking booze

I dont expect to pay 10 baht and am aware a business must make a profit...considering that 99% of customers drink beer or spirits there really is no need to charge so much...as stated 30 baht is OK, and thats a 400% or more mark up.........whatabout a sang som and soda..70 baht....so why charge so much just for soda..it really equates to greed, nothing more and nothing less......rmichaeld.....where are the cheap places for those that wish entertainment without drinking booze

they have to pay for the workers you know. takes money to pay for the "shows". :whistling:

you want a cheap beer, just buy one at the 7-11, man.

Of course the bar owner does not calculate his prices in percentages alone.

He needs a certain amount as makup!

Buying a bottle of Singh wholesale for 27 Baht, then charging 65 = 38 Baht markup.

Buying a bottle of Soda wholesale for 7 Baht, then charging 45 = 38 Baht markup.

That's wha it should be.

You place your bum at his barstool, no matter what you drink.

Buying a bottle of Singh wholesale for 27 Baht, then charging 65 = 38 Baht markup.

Buying a bottle of Soda wholesale for 7 Baht, then charging 45 = 38 Baht markup.

That's wha it should be.

I agree...so 45 Baht is what should be charged on your basis...so why are they charging 50,60 or 70baht..and that isnt gogo bars, just some little skanky bar in a back street

There are beer bars and there are beer bars.

A lot of them charge too much when you consider what you get.

Poor service, very uncomfortable chairs, ugly,rude, women, no AC etc

The good thing about Pattaya is that you have so many choices that you can choose to go elsewhere.

As far as soft drinks go it is even more annoying when you order a soft drink and you get a glass of flat coke or like from a 2 litre bottle that has been open for quite a while.

I really hate that :annoyed:

That's wha it should be.

I agree...so 45 Baht is what should be charged on your basis...so why are they charging 50,60 or 70baht..and that isnt gogo bars, just some little skanky bar in a back street

Sounds like a rip off the tourist who doesn't know any better price, but if that's your local maybe time to find another one.

There are beer bars and there are beer bars.

A lot of them charge too much when you consider what you get.

Poor service, very uncomfortable chairs, ugly,rude, women, no AC etc

The good thing about Pattaya is that you have so many choices that you can choose to go elsewhere.

As far as soft drinks go it is even more annoying when you order a soft drink and you get a glass of flat coke or like from a 2 litre bottle that has been open for quite a while.

I really hate that :annoyed:

I have a mate that only drinks coke when he goes out and he always asks for a tin or the glass bottles,

he won't have it any other way.

Soi new plaze has many bars whit cheap beers,tiger 35 bath and my heineken and some entertainment girls walking around in the bar....

ok...not the beauties of Baccara agogo or casanovi....but reasonable...

If you want to have fun for a fair price go to a gogo at happy hour. If you want to chillax go to one of the many bars where you can have a nice soda on ice for 30-40B.

If you want to be free of criticism from bar owning members then pay silly prices while being played for a fool. :lol:

The Gogo at happy hour is the best bet if you are really looking for value for money.

Pretty girls,air con and cheap drinks but I dont think happy hours ever extend to soft drinks.

If the OP thinks that soft drinks are a rip off what about tea. I often order a tea in a beer bar and at 50 baht for a tea well what is the cost of one cheap tea bag?

Quite frankly thou I have far more important things to think about or worry about than a few extra baht spent in a beer bar. Maybe the OP needs to expand his horizons a bit?