Thai Wife Send Me The Farang Hubby Money Every Month.

Jusr curious if im in a one off situation.

I here about Guys sending there wife/gf/gig money each month but anyone in here in reverse rolls?

Im currently in bangkok taking care of 2 young kids whilst the thai wife is slaving away in the UK and sending me 43k a month.

I used to send her money a few years back when i was in the blighty so im kind of enjoying it a little bit now :whistling:

Is the the way forward?. Are thai women starting to be more sharing?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt think it was possible to earn enought money in the UK to be able to send 43.000 baht to your teerak in thailand..rolleyes.gif

Unless she as a really good job..She dont work on the rigs of shore by any chance whistling.gif

Never thought I see a post like this and live.

Care to expand how you managed to talk her into this?

She asked me if she could go and work in the UK whilst i took care of the kids due to them being at school here. She had all the required visas so i said go for it.

Many foreigners here are supported by their well to do Thai wife.

The only thing special is that you are in Thailand and she is in the UK.

Possibly but my wife isnt "well to do" Just a normal girl from a normal family.

I have three Thai girls sending me money. They work in a factory, and make about 5,000 baht a month with OT. 2,000 baht goes to their folks, and they can live on 1,000 baht a month. I tell them I'm investing it for them. Each one sends me 2,000 baht a month. It may be a small amount, but it adds up.

You seem to be in a better situation than me, and you're most definitely in a one off situation. Maybe even two off.

What is she doing in the Uk, and why if you are British did you not go with her?

Also, what is a gig?

He did say he is watching the kids who are perhaps in school and doesn't want to disrupt that.

The term is gik - a part time play thing. :D

Never had the wife send me money, never been apart, but the father in-law wanted to pay for us to come back to Thailand last Christmas when he saw the floods in Australia on TV. More worried about the kids and wife than me I suspect, but nice thought anyway. Jim

I have an American friend living in Chiang Mai who's Thai wife works as a qualified dentist in the town.

He stays home and takes care of their 3 kids while his wife works and financially supports them.

This is not as uncommon as some may think.

But I will add that my American friend is in his late 50s and his Thai wife is in her mid 50s.

What's in it for her is that my friend will later be receiving a decent pension income from the States, so his wife knows that she will have financial security when she decides to retire. This is a case of pay now and reap the benefits later.

I think the farangs that have the most problems are the old guys that get hooked up with much younger Thai women, then it becomes more of a sex for money relationship and the pretty young little wifey expects her aging hubby to pay for everything.

But I must admit that if this were my wife and she was still young and attractive, it would be on my mind as to exactly what she is getting up to over there and with who, especially if it meant being apart for a long period of time.

If it were me, I would be reluctant to let my wife go, even if the money is good.

Good luck to the OP and hope that everything works out for him.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I don't send money and neither does my gf. Her mom makes enough to support anything she needs and i would honestly say she has supported me more than i supported her. I have paid for meals out to eat most of the time and gas. She paid for everything when i was in thailand, most of the cheaper meals when she was in america and $40 in gas a month for me. I am happy with the situation, probably because we understand each other.

Didnt think it was possible to earn enought money in the UK to be able to send 43.000 baht to your teerak in thailand..

I thought it was interesting no one commented that 43K baht is slightly less the U.S. $1500. I do not know how many GBPs that is, but not many. That is not a lot of money anymore. And if the OP is living in BKK with 3 school age kids....... toss in a car?

<br>the fact that she had that extra money, i find it very impressive. What job could she possibly possess to save that much one month??

That`s a good question.

43000 per month, that`s £220 a week sterling at today`s exchange rate.

Then plus her own living money, she is probably earning well over £500 a week.

She must be on a good screw to earn that sort of income.

Yes, me too, I wonder what she does for a living?

Edited by Beetlejuice

Didnt think it was possible to earn enought money in the UK to be able to send 43.000 baht to your teerak in thailand..

I thought it was interesting no one commented that 43K baht is slightly less the U.S. $1500. I do not know how many GBPs that is, but not many. That is not a lot of money anymore. And if the OP is living in BKK with 3 school age kids....... toss in a car?

After just returning form the uk where i took er in doors to the uk to visit family and friends...where she met many friends who have thai wife's.

And when they got together she asked them what they do for work etc

when she found out the reality of what they actually earned and The National Minimum Wage of £5.93.

She earns more money in Thailand..rolleyes.gif

Never thought I see a post like this and live.

Care to expand how you managed to talk her into this?

Id love to see you write back to here with

Honeyyyy luv you long time. My mother sick and needs operation... can you help its only B50,000. My bruther has dead water buffalo and needs to buy one to plant the rice... can you send B40,000.

I know a German guy who has a Girlfriend that keeps him here as he is broke, she works in SabaiLand in Pattaya.

I know another English guy, his GF works in a Walking street GoGo, and keeps him here, he's also broke, he takes her to work on her Motorcycle that some Farang bought her, she's happy with her iPhone 3 that was bought for her by some Farang, so when she was given an iPhone 4 as yet another gift she gave it to the English guy. Plus she rents a nice place and pays all the bills including his Visa runs.

These are not isolated cases, I have known many over the years, and quite a few had kids with Bargirls here , became broke and the wife or GF went off to Hong Kong or Singapore to work there and sent money home.

I know another girl who married a Dutch guy and she gave him 50% of her earnings in Holland, admittedly it was part of the deal for him marrying her and getting her to Holland.

I know also a Thai girl who was working in Switzerland and was willing to pay 30,000 CHF to marry to get the Swiss passport then live apart from the new husband.

And years ago many broke Farangs would ferry Thai women to Japan , Singapore and Hong Kong for a few Thousand Baht and incorporate a Visa run at the same time.

Farangs living off of Thai women isn't that unusual, and when you've lived in Pattaya for 20+ Years nothing is surprising anymore. smile.gif