Where To Buy... A Lightbox?

nephilim

Can anyone help me out?

I need to buy a lightbox (you know, for looking at negatives and artwork etc etc) but have no idea where I can find one in BKK. Doesn't have to be big - A4, A3 is ideal.

Many thanks

neph

I had mine made, very easy

just a box with small fluoresent lights inside, with a sliding diffusion glass on top

ask a carpenter or electrician

There are a number of photo-supply shops in Yaowarat/Chinatown, around Phlapphlachai Road I think, that might have what you're looking for. Or possibly a medical supply shop (for looking at X-rays)? But the other poster is right about the ease of getting one custom made. Or maybe you could find something suitable at one of those shops that makes (lighted) signs?

Can anyone help me out?

I need to buy a lightbox (you know, for looking at negatives and artwork etc etc) but have no idea where I can find one in BKK. Doesn't have to be big - A4, A3 is ideal.

Many thanks

neph

I bought an A3 sized one in the office supply section of Central Chidlom a few years ago. It looks suitably sleek and works fine.

Edited by OldAsiaHand

Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks

neph

Hi Neph,

I've seen these in the "B2S" outlets at Central and Robinson stores.

Hope this helps.

With slides

Sunset. Big Sur. California. Your pictures will mostly look gorgeous because slides can hold at least twice as much contrast as prints. You will pat yourself on the back for being a photographic genius.

The first thing you need is a color corrected light table. Don't waste your time trying to build your own. For one thing, the appropriate fluorescent tubes are plenty expensive so you might as well have a decent box to put them in.