Walen School - Learning For Free, Seminar

MacWalen

Hi guys,

I will be conducting a seminar on how you can learn at the Walen school totally for free and also obtain and ED visa assistance. If anybody is interested please come tomorrow, Monday 4th, at 6 pm to our school.

Walen School - learn for free

Interesting offer.

One question: How many hours per week would I need to attend the school? The reason I ask is that I have always been a slow learner of languages. Too many hours of instruction per week is overload for me.

Interesting offer.

One question: How many hours per week would I need to attend the school? The reason I ask is that I have always been a slow learner of languages. Too many hours of instruction per week is overload for me.

Under Thai law it's like 4 hours a week to get the Visa.

They have a 1 day 4 hours class or like 2 nights a week

I will say they are good and have many Options so one of them are bound to work for you

Again, you have many schools. Will the meeting be at all of them or only at one of them

Given that this is in the Chiang Mai forum, I imagine this learn for free seminar (sales pitch) will be at the Chiang Mai branch.

True, however, I never asume and you did just say you went back south . . .

Thanks for the answer, hope to be there

"I will be conducting a seminar on how you can learn at the Walen school totally for free"

I for one would be interested. Can't you just post the instructions how to do this on the forum? I'm not interested in a ED Visa, just wan't the free eduation. :)

Went to the meeting. Mac Walen, a non native English or Thai speaker really likes to talk and talk and talk

In what could have easily been told on line, he turned it into both a sales pitch for his school and a marketing business offer.

Bottom line is you get 5% of referals tuition fees. So yes it is possible to go to school free. However having to refer 20 people to sign up is highly unlikely to get free schooing.

However, it is the only school I know to offer some thing like this. And if you refer someone, and in turn they refer someone, you also get a comission for that, up to ten levels down. Also, he has made a very good, and very transparent website to show who's doing what and getting what, so there is little chance for cheeting.

Hi Semper, it requires proper explanation so I would prefer to do it at our school. Please come, it will be worth your time.

Sounds like they might be branching into Amway...

My sentiments exactly, reminds me of Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) business practice which makes top level richer, bottom level not so sure.

By the way, don't you need a Work Permit wo work in MLM?

Went to the meeting. Mac Walen, a non native English or Thai speaker really likes to talk and talk and talk

In what could have easily been told on line, he turned it into both a sales pitch for his school and a marketing business offer.

Bottom line is you get 5% of referals tuition fees. So yes it is possible to go to school free. However having to refer 20 people to sign up is highly unlikely to get free schooing.

However, it is the only school I know to offer some thing like this. And if you refer someone, and in turn they refer someone, you also get a comission for that, up to ten levels down. Also, he has made a very good, and very transparent website to show who's doing what and getting what, so there is little chance for cheeting.

Was it worth your time? Would you recommend next seminar to others?

Thanks for coming and for good questions you asked. We have some people coming more then once, hope to build a solid class soon. Takes time but fundamentally this is a sound idea to study for free. Also you need potentially just 3 personal referrals to study free for 2 years, of course ED visa assistance is also provided so saying that you need to refer 20 is not accurate.

Walen School - study and an ED visas assistance for free

If you join you can show me how to do it better next time. I am always looking for talent. There is a lot of money in being positive, on the other hand negative people risk living in poverty and that is not a good prospect. Positive = likely rich, negative = likely poor, you can decide which one is better.

Walen School - become successful

If you join you can show me how to do it better next time. I am always looking for talent. There is a lot of money in being positive, on the other hand negative people risk living in poverty and that is not a good prospect. Positive = likely rich, negative = likely poor, you can decide which one is better.

Walen School - become successful

I guess you're too shallow to make the distinction between being critical and being negative ?

Hi Semper, it requires proper explanation so I would prefer to do it at our school. Please come, it will be worth your time.

My sentiments exactly, reminds me of Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) business practice which makes top level richer, bottom level not so sure.

By the way, don't you need a Work Permit wo work in MLM?

DCS is not the same as MLM, it is much better. Also DCS is global so no, you do not need a work permit. Why did you not join the meeting? We had about 15. If you understood the way DCS works you would be impressed.

You are talking about a multibillion dollar company. If Walen got to that size I would not be a millionaire but a billionaire and perhaps I will be, that is the plan. We need to dream big. The result will be that great many people will benefit from cooperating with Walen.

You are talking about a multibillion dollar company. If Walen got to that size I would not be a millionaire but a billionaire and perhaps I will be, that is the plan. We need to dream big. The result will be that great many people will benefit from cooperating with Walen.

Sounds like you are the only beneficiary.

Sounds like you are the only beneficiary.

And this is where you are getting it wrong. If you have time please come to the next seminar and you can see that it is indeed not the case.I cannot succeed without you succeeding too. If you do not make money I don't make money so I obviously want you to make money. It it is possible with Walen not only to learn for free but also earn. Learn and earn, you cannot beat this offer.

Edited by MacWalen

Sounds like they might be branching into Pyramid arrangements. ;)

And.. only 5% discount per referral.. That is kind of amusing.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thank you JeffreyMcCollum for the concise description of Mac's mysterious program to get rich quick (not!)

Basically, he's giving students a 5% discount for each new student they recruit and, to make it further complicated, giving them a 5% discount for every student those new students recruit, etc, etc, on down the chain. Not a bad deal if you want to study at his school anyway. It's a nice way to reward current customers for bringing in new customers. I studied Thai at the YMCA for a couple years and have brought maybe 10 or 12 people into their program, but they never gave me a discount. Of course, their fees are so low it doesn't really matter.

I don't know why he needs to have long meetings and drone on about the philosophy of success in order to communicate this program.

I've heard good feedback from Mac's students. His program works for some, just as the program at the YMCA works for others. Some people respond better to one system of learning Thai vs. another.

I don't think Mac is doing himself any favors by coming across as a snake oil saleman in trying to promote his otherwise good language program. Just mention the 5% discount for recruiting new students on the school's website and leave it at that. No need to turn it into something more than it is.

Yep, sounds like Amway....can I be a Diamond member ??

Be careful....or you might lose all your friends.....just like Amway.

Like i said on the other post, 'theres no such thing as a free lunch' - and there it is, a discount for referrals, and on amulti level basis none the less. Which of course is (has to be) priced into what you already pay !! So it aint free.

This is MLM by another guise. If it works for the promoter - great for him. Most MLM's make money for the promotoer because the "customers" buy their product or membership and the majority of them are not successful at getting referrals, so get no discounts. Maybe a language school with the visa service will work better ???

Good luck Walen.

Thank you JeffreyMcCollum for the concise description of Mac's mysterious program to get rich quick (not!)

Basically, he's giving students a 5% discount for each new student they recruit and, to make it further complicated, giving them a 5% discount for every student those new students recruit, etc, etc, on down the chain. Not a bad deal if you want to study at his school anyway. It's a nice way to reward current customers for bringing in new customers. I studied Thai at the YMCA for a couple years and have brought maybe 10 or 12 people into their program, but they never gave me a discount. Of course, their fees are so low it doesn't really matter.

I don't know why he needs to have long meetings and drone on about the philosophy of success in order to communicate this program.

I've heard good feedback from Mac's students. His program works for some, just as the program at the YMCA works for others. Some people respond better to one system of learning Thai vs. another.

I don't think Mac is doing himself any favors by coming across as a snake oil saleman in trying to promote his otherwise good language program. Just mention the 5% discount for recruiting new students on the school's website and leave it at that. No need to turn it into something more than it is.

There is no harm in thoroughly explaining how students can study at our school for free. Also with this 5%, we need to look at it as a split commission. You actually receive 30% not 5%! It is divided into generations of students. Getting your fees back and studying for free might be easier than some think. So emphasizing the 5% commission is a way for some to minimize in reader's eyes what Walen is actually offering and present it as somewhat bad offer when in fact it is the best offer available. Some say I talk too much, but despite 50 min long explanation they still say we offer only 5%, sorry, but please ask more questions next time if something is not clear. I am always happy to explain.

Sounds like they might be branching into Pyramid arrangements. ;)

And.. only 5% discount per referral.. That is kind of amusing.

WinnieTheKwai, what is kind of amusing? It is not only 5% but 30% if you understand how the system works, please learn more, OK? Also talking about pyramids, again, learn more. Students can really study at our school for free or with a very significant discount.