Thaksin Allies In Thai Election Landslide: Exit Polls

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may not realize it now, but they will eventually.

It is a sad day for Thailand.

"Thank you to the people who came out to vote,"said the 44-year-old telegenic businesswoman, a political novice who Thaksin has described as his "clone".

As Abhisit said. If they win there's only Chaos. Indeed, a very sad day. One of the worst for me.......:jap:

More amateur dramatics ...... The only chaos will be when the Army takes to the streets as they will be looking at charges of 91 murders.

Glad to see you've truly joined in with the spirit of reconciliation. I hope that K Yingluck approaches reconciliation with a more open mind than you appear to.

Do you really think the Army will want an investigation into the activities that left 91 dead? There are too many high ranking heads at stake ...... better to have a coup

Some people like to think that as they have had a "First class education" they are better than others. These are usually the same sad little people who think Great Britain still has an Empire. Having worked with Oxbridge people for 32 years I have found them small minded prigs who believe that the working class are there to be used. A phrase that will always stick with me is "Employees are the rungs on the ladder to success. Don't be afraid to tread on them"

Having worked with the rural Thai's for the last 3 years I would trust them more when the chips are down than some "Elitist", self-centred, arrogant fool.

This post above AGAIN includes text cited to me that I never wrote. PLEASE STOP THAT. Very annoying indeed.

You seem to have taken out all the other quotes that were there before. Stop trying to big your self up. Look at #695 I was not replying to you but part of the thread you wanted to get involved with.

There were too many items to include all the quotes. Now you're accusing me when you posted a post with text cited to me (that was offensive) that had nothing to do with me. Not blaming you, but don't accuse me either!

I was replying to #695. I have not accused you of anything because if I had I would have started by using your name.

Some people like to think that as they have had a "First class education" they are better than others. These are usually the same sad little people who think Great Britain still has an Empire. Having worked with Oxbridge people for 32 years I have found them small minded prigs who believe that the working class are there to be used. A phrase that will always stick with me is "Employees are the rungs on the ladder to success. Don't be afraid to tread on them"

Having worked with the rural Thai's for the last 3 years I would trust them more when the chips are down than some "Elitist", self-centred, arrogant fool.

This post above AGAIN includes text cited to me that I never wrote. PLEASE STOP THAT. Very annoying indeed.

You seem to have taken out all the other quotes that were there before. Stop trying to big your self up. Look at #695 I was not replying to you but part of the thread you wanted to get involved with.

If you can't reply to a quoted post without misattributing it up then dont' quote at all.

END OF ARGUMENT

is that clear??

I smell a family dynasty. Permanent. Remember, what's coming that's even BIGGER than this takeover. Thaksin is well positioned. Thailand needs to reform and change, but this is going to prove to be a huge step backwards. How many decades before Thailand will be free of this family dynasty?

Get over it. Some families do well in political life. You remember the Kennedys? How about George Bush the elder and his son George Bush the younger?

The people have spoken. Respect the result. Had the outcome been different you and others would would have been screaming that PM designate Yingluck was trounced.

A new day will begin and it seems the Dusit poll was correct. The people supported the PTP. :D

Very soon now, Ms Yingluck will check in to a private clinic. While she is there she will have a small surgery, behind her ear, to implant a bluetooth 2-way communications device.in her skull. She will wear 2 international mobile phones and a large battery pack. Dr. T will be able to monitor every question she is asked and give her the answer. I can see her now in an interview. The interviewer asks her a tough question and she pauses to give a 'thoughtful' answer. No one will be the wiser and the country will run smoothyl and everyone will become rich and fairy dust and unicorns for the kids.

I am VERY happy to see him make a come back and wonder why all the farangs here even care who is in or not? Has it ever effected your day to day living here? That Thai people have spoke and now it's over so suck it up and move on.

Pay to vote or not it's done right. It's not our country so stop all your complaining about hor corrupt Thai politics is. If you don't like the corruption here why did you all chose to stay here?

Very soon now, Ms Yingluck will check in to a private clinic. While she is there she will have a small surgery, behind her ear, to implant a bluetooth 2-way communications device.in her skull. She will wear 2 international mobile phones and a large battery pack. Dr. T will be able to monitor every question she is asked and give her the answer. I can see her now in an interview. The interviewer asks her a tough question and she pauses to give a 'thoughtful' answer. No one will be the wiser and the country will run smoothyl and everyone will become rich and fairy dust and unicorns for the kids.

Good one. Hehehe

I am not sure if the result really SHOULD be respected as isn't it obvious fugitive Thakin, legally forbidden to be in politics, was the mastermind of this entire campaign? Shouldn't that issue ETHICALLY be tried in court considering the tragedy that might befall this nation if Thaksin is allowed to return and seize power?

"Thank you to the people who came out to vote,"said the 44-year-old telegenic businesswoman, a political novice who Thaksin has described as his "clone".

As Abhisit said. If they win there's only Chaos. Indeed, a very sad day. One of the worst for me.......:jap:

More amateur dramatics ...... The only chaos will be when the Army takes to the streets as they will be looking at charges of 91 murders.

Glad to see you've truly joined in with the spirit of reconciliation. I hope that K Yingluck approaches reconciliation with a more open mind than you appear to.

Do you really think the Army will want an investigation into the activities that left 91 dead? There are too many high ranking heads at stake ...... better to have a coup

i hope so for all our sakes

It is no longer a landslide victory as they got 255 seats :)

http://203.150.244.91/web/en/page6.php says 258 and anything above 250 is a landslide as it is above 50%. QED

Yehaw!

The EC has announced several Red Cards will go out in the next week or so.

And returns are still coming in.

Grasping at straws are we? PTP mounted a successful campaign PM designate Yingluck achieved victory. Be a gentleman and good sport, and wish her all the best. I do.

It's time to turn from an attitude of negativity to one that is Positive. So turn that frown upside down and remember that you are in the land of smiles. Big happy smiles. :D . Instead of doom and gloom, help work for reconciliation and prosperity. Love thy neighbor as you love yourself. And I aint talking carnal stuff,;)

Grasping at straws are we? PTP mounted a successful campaign PM designate Yingluck achieved victory. Be a gentleman and good sport, and wish her all the best. I do.

It's time to turn from an attitude of negativity to one that is Positive. So turn that frown upside down and remember that you are in the land of smiles. Big happy smiles. :D . Instead of doom and gloom, help work for reconciliation and prosperity. Love thy neighbor as you love yourself. And I aint talking carnal stuff,;)

Well spoken, Sir!

Btw: 261 at ~95%, it's ain't over 'till it's over as the french saying.

Very strange to see how Farangs, outside their home country are narrow-minded and against democracy.

The results are what they are. No need to cry, lament or cheer. Just accept.

For far too long, they have blinded themself with stupid attitude that Thaksin's supporters are rural poor, uneducated, ignorant, money-worshipped from ISsan.

Now they are having troubles facing the truth. It's a great day for Thailand. Thais speak out - loud and clear.

Actually, it reinforces my opinion that "Thaksin's supporters are rural poor, uneducated, ignorant, money-worshipped from ISsan."

Ha ha

Great result as expected. The "red terrorists" seem to have won for the majority and not the expAts propping up the bars with nowt to drink.

So are you happy with people who called for Bangkok to be burned in parliment now. Just a question and I expect no reply.:angry:

Congrats to Yingluck, Thailand's first Lady PM!! Wish her the best and hope she helps bring thailand out from the dark cloud its been in since the last coup. :)

Agree and will drink to that sentiment....err are the T pubs open yet? :unsure::D

I am not sure if the result really SHOULD be respected as isn't it obvious fugitive Thakin, legally forbidden to be in politics, was the mastermind of this entire campaign? Shouldn't that issue ETHICALLY be tried in court considering the tragedy that might befall this nation if Thaksin is allowed to return and seize power?

probably but people have decided let them have their savior im changing my thiavisa name to im all right jack and screw rest of you. Well ive got to learn something from this fiasco and if you cant beat them join top Taksin elite. A humble converted convert who's truly sorry for ever doubting his lordships absolute wisdom. NOw please tell me if I can and where to go with other pigs to fill my snout. I promise to never doubt the brother again and recant all my sins against him and his clan. I also recognise that all those forang posting here are much more wise than me and beg their forgiveness in ever doubting their sanity or words of wisdem. Ive seen the light brother

a born again Taksin worshiper with apologies also to all my fellow buffalo ive insulted

This says it all!

Yingluck on ThaiPBS: Thanks my brother. I will try my best and don't let you down.

Why shouldn't these results be respected. Do you have indications that the results are rigged, or could this be a factual representation of the will of the Thai people who went to cast their votes. The fugitive Thaksin S. Wasn't on the ballots so not sure what the relevance is.

Actually, it reinforces my opinion that "Thaksin's supporters are rural poor, uneducated, ignorant, money-worshipped from ISsan."

Please look at the results from other regions. it seems that a great many people from Bangkok and the wealthier parts of the nation supported PTP.

The message of reconciliation and of positive change appealed to them. It is time to put aside your prejudice.

It's looking like a landslide. Thais we know who have never voted for thaksin all say the same thing abhisit never did anything. All talk. To see the pathetic turnouts for the democrats, numbers exaggerated by bp, against the hordes for yingluk has sent a message the people see through the propaganda from the government and army media. Just today seeing the aftermath of the attacks of those black shirts on the poor "squatters" sent a strong message how the poor are downtrodden by those with the muscle. The thai mafias.

And do you really belive that Thaksin and his crew are not part of the Thai mafia. It's posts like this that make me think most people on this forum are less educated than my cat. Come on man think a bit before you post.

So how long you think before Khun Thaksin kisses the tarmac at suvurnabhumi once again?

I would be surprised if he returns before the end of the year. And he won't return until there is a consensus in the nation. He has waited this long to return and he will wait some more. He is a patient man. A brilliant political strategist. I anticipate he will do something "great" before returning. Perhaps an attempt to establish peace on the Cambodian border first so that people can say he is a patriot dedicated to peace etc.

Shows how out of touch the Thai Visa news section regulars are with the opinions of the majority of Thai people IMO.

Great day for Thailand - putting the military and elite firmly in their places once and for all.

It also shows how fundamentally different Asian and Western cultures and values are. This is something that a lot of farang posters overlook. You may be married to a Thai. You may have been living here for 20 years. But still, you grew up in a completely different society, with different morals, values and ethics. What's right for the goose may not be right for the gander. You may treat this country as your home. The Thais may treat you as one of them. But, you are and will always be a foreigner and trying to force your values and ethics down the Thai people's throat will merely make them resent you more.

Looks to me like the people are not so different as you think.

They voted once again for democracy.

As far as Yingluck, I give her at a maximum of 6 month and then she will disappear from the political arena...but PLEASE, let us all enjoy at least one interview of her on BBC Hard Talk or similar before she is gone, will you! ;-)

I agree. Abhisit got absolutely owned on Hard Talk last week, I doubt she'll fare any better.

She'll never go on Hard Talk! She isn't qualified for that. She's more like a "twitter" leader. And Abhisit handled that very well, much have watched different interviews. Apparently, Thai voters don't watch Hard Talk.

Well Abhisit is known as a good talker, after all he is a British/Thai and educated in England, but many also said that he is a NATO (No Action Talk Only). What is the use of good at talking espeically in the interview on Hard Talk when nothing much is done, but talk only. This will not bring in the votes for his party.

It is no longer a landslide victory as they got 255 seats :)

255 is more than half the seats, out of 10 parties. That's a landslide, my friend. The Democrats are barely above 150. What do you call that? A mudslide?

255 seats out of 500 is not a landslide. It's a slight majority. Please learn about the English language. It's a great thing when used correctly.

The military will stay out of it for practical reasons. They couldn't control an uprising in the north, and there's a lot of folk who don't like TS and don't want to see him back, but who nevertheless would rather see how things turn out with little 'sis before resorting to the tanks.

Will TS have learned the lessons of his bro-in-law and Samak failed gov'ts? Will he be smarter this time, and not make a move to come back till he's castrated all his enemies (one way or another)? Or will his ego interpret a landslide win as a call for his immediate return and force a direct confrontation with the military? Interesting but undoubtedly troubling times ahead for this country.

BTW, going on his past behaviour, I agree with animatic and others, you've got one serious dictator in the making here, my lovely Thai friends. Don't expect there to be much tolerance for any anti-Thaksin stories in the news, 'net, or streets ever again. We're all gonna be red-shirts now....like it or not.

+1