Increase In Australian Standard Processing Times (Again)

Thats excellant, Shillaci. We just submitted our ( my Fiancees ) application, we had everything except medical, and seemed all ok, We were told 12 months, maybe more maybe less !! I am glad the actual times taken are more favourable

Good luck with life in Aus.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats excellant, Shillaci. We just submitted our ( my Fiancees ) application, we had everything except medical, and seemed all ok, We were told 12 months, maybe more maybe less !! I am glad the actual times taken are more favourable

Good luck with life in Aus.

Fingers crossed for less Wazzi!

Hi here is a recent update.

My wifes Spouse visa application was recieved at the embassy on 9/2/12. She was emailed a few days later to get her medical.

The visa application was approved on 6/6/2012.

She got a phone call and was asked to pick up her letter and documents at the aussie embassy the following friday morning. No interview was required.

Very happy and this forum was a great help.

That's great news

It's good to hear that her visa was granted in 4 month,s from the date of the application,

My partner lodged her application for a defacto partner visa on 13/06/2012, she recieved an e-mail to go for the medicals on the 20/06,

and also informed she had a case officer and she would contact her in about 12 weeks for any further documents that they may need and if she needed to have an interview. I am hopefull that her visa can be granted in the same time period as your's.

Congrat's and wish the two of u all the best.

Thank's for the update.

It took us 10months from the date the application was loged in vfs, thats for the fiancee visa(300). That sucked. Now Im married to her here in Australia, does anyone know what happens in regards to getting the temporary visa does she have to go home again? It says on the immigration website theres a 6 to 8 month process time.

I am amased at how little response you actually get from the Australian Embassy in Thailand after you pay 1700 Aus Dollars for a Partner Visa. WE lodged ours in May 2011 and at the time were told if we had any questions then we could send an email or call them anytime. Only to find after two months of nothing we asked a few questions via email as to the prospect of a Tourist Visa for my wife for three months so she could spend some of the time with me in Brisbane and told to stop contacting the office with silly questions when the web site is clear. Based on the Aus Immigration Web stating the current process time was ten months we thought surely for 57000 Baht we could get an email outlining if the Tourist Visa would delay our Partner Visa process. We were aware of the rule in submitting the application in Thailand meant she had to be there for the decision but the rules are so brief and no one will tell you anything like its a national secret held close to the heart of the Thai workers who process the applications.

Has anyone got an update on current waiting list and how long after the interview is conducted is a Visa Likely.

Why would applying for a tourist visa delay the partner visa ?

I was told at vfs that you cant apply for another visa while one is already underway.

Hi folks how long after the interview has been done does an approval happen on average.

Australia is 10 months(fiancee300). Mine took 10. a friend of mine works for the Aussie government and his has taken 10. Theres no favouritism that Im aware of. It cant go past 12 months cause the police check and medical she would have done expires after 12months.

I am amased at how little response you actually get from the Australian Embassy in Thailand after you pay 1700 Aus Dollars for a Partner Visa. WE lodged ours in May 2011 and at the time were told if we had any questions then we could send an email or call them anytime. Only to find after two months of nothing we asked a few questions via email as to the prospect of a Tourist Visa for my wife for three months so she could spend some of the time with me in Brisbane and told to stop contacting the office with silly questions when the web site is clear. Based on the Aus Immigration Web stating the current process time was ten months we thought surely for 57000 Baht we could get an email outlining if the Tourist Visa would delay our Partner Visa process. We were aware of the rule in submitting the application in Thailand meant she had to be there for the decision but the rules are so brief and no one will tell you anything like its a national secret held close to the heart of the Thai workers who process the applications.

Has anyone got an update on current waiting list and how long after the interview is conducted is a Visa Likely.

I was told at vfs that you cant apply for another visa while one is already underway.

Whilst my 47sp was being assessed, with my case officers approval I applied and received a tourist visa with no problems at all.

Seeing it was an off shore application,on completion, I then bombed off shore to have the visa validated.

Edited by edwinclapham

Whilst my 47sp was being assessed, with my case officers approval I applied and received a tourist visa with no problems at all.

Seeing it was an off shore application,on completion, I then bombed off shore to have the visa validated.

hmm, ok then

our fiance visa was VFS 28 sept 2011 approval 11 april 2012

Gotta love that then! It seems in vfs it depends on the case worker. How much knowlege he/she has. I was told by a young girl working there its a 10month wait for fiancee visa regardless and that it was. She also said no you cant apply for a tourist visa if you are having another processed which was told to a mate of mine also. Then I hear other stories on here that you can indeed. Whats goin on up in that vfs office? Honestly, for me I hate that place. Its infuriating. Different people different answers, and unless you ask specific ?s they dont give up any helpful info. I feel soo sorry for anyone that goes through it all,pays a small fortune then gets a big fat "denied" at the end.

our fiance visa was VFS 28 sept 2011 approval 11 april 2012

Gotta love that then! It seems in vfs it depends on the case worker. How much knowlege he/she has. I was told by a young girl working there its a 10month wait for fiancee visa regardless and that it was. She also said no you cant apply for a tourist visa if you are having another processed which was told to a mate of mine also. Then I hear other stories on here that you can indeed. Whats goin on up in that vfs office? Honestly, for me I hate that place. Its infuriating. Different people different answers, and unless you ask specific ?s they dont give up any helpful info. I feel soo sorry for anyone that goes through it all,pays a small fortune then gets a big fat "denied" at the end.y

Just another thought, I was a pom applying for my 47sp, the waiting period then was approx 5 months .. On informing my case officer of my intentions of applying for a TV to see me through until my application was approved, she gave me the OK nod.

Two of my brothers also went down this route.. bearing in mind that no work rights and TV conditions applied.

The Thai process might be entirely different to be fair as my TV was done and approved on line which in Thailand cant be done.

VFS simply take your money and put your application in a locked container that gets sent to the embassy. If you want to know about the rules ring the embassy (or ask here, we've been there done that).

VFS simply take your money and put your application in a locked container that gets sent to the embassy. If you want to know about the rules ring the embassy (or ask here, we've been there done that).

yeah been there done that too. vfs are simply agent/go betweens for embassy. we cant have endless amounts of people turning up at embassy doorstep so vfs is there. immigration processing times still vary regardless of what their site says. the proof is here on tv.

yeah been there done that too. vfs are simply agent/go betweens for embassy. we cant have endless amounts of people turning up at embassy doorstep so vfs is there. immigration processing times still vary regardless of what their site says. the proof is here on tv.

should I say been there done that and still doing that. Least its not at vfs though. Just immigration here in Australia.

Anyone hve any news on processing times for 40SP visas lately?

Also, gf of 4 years has had a 3 s/e and a 6 s/e 676 tourist visa already.

Am about to apply for a 12 month m/e.

Any thoughts as to the chance of success on the 12 monther?

Yeah why wouldnt they approve it? People seem to think the embassy are ghouls and play god as to decide your relationships and whats gonna happen with it. They cant say no if you tick their boxes.

I would love to know who has got a tourist visa without the 8503 condition lately? All of my GF visas and those of other people I know have the 8503 condition.

I will be in the same position as scotto soon when we apply for a partner visa, the long wait would be much better if we were together

12 month ME doesnt have the 8503.....as that visa allows for further travel.

I personally know of a girl who got a 3 month tourist visa without the condition, it was her first time here. She is now on the Temporary Spouse visa.

I hate to burst your bubble, my wife was just issued a 12M M/E tourist visa in May and it has the 8503 attached. sad.gif

It appears that most/all visa apps now have it to stop people circumventing the system. That's my guess anyway. This was our third tourist visa app in 1½ years (3M M/E, 3M S/E and now 12M M/E). All have had the 8503. I was kinda hoping this one wouldn't ;-)

How long ago did this girl get her 3M visa without the condition?

Thai teenage daughter of a friend very recently got a 3 month Tourist Visa ex Thailand without the no further stay condition and has now applied for PR here.

Edited by fishhooks

I would love to know who has got a tourist visa without the 8503 condition lately? All of my GF visas and those of other people I know have the 8503 condition.

I will be in the same position as scotto soon when we apply for a partner visa, the long wait would be much better if we were together

12 month ME doesnt have the 8503.....as that visa allows for further travel.

I personally know of a girl who got a 3 month tourist visa without the condition, it was her first time here. She is now on the Temporary Spouse visa.

I hate to burst your bubble, my wife was just issued a 12M M/E tourist visa in May and it has the 8503 attached. sad.gif

It appears that most/all visa apps now have it to stop people circumventing the system. That's my guess anyway. This was our third tourist visa app in 1½ years (3M M/E, 3M S/E and now 12M M/E). All have had the 8503. I was kinda hoping this one wouldn't ;-)

How long ago did this girl get her 3M visa without the condition?

Thai teenage daughter of a friend very recently got a 3 month Tourist Visa ex Thailand without the no further stay condition and has now applied for PR here.

So whats that mean? You can apply for any visas in any order. You dont need to go for a fiancee visa for example 1st, you can skip the engagement bit and just get married. Let us know how that goes for your friends daughter Id be interested to hear the result.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys just an update lodged spouse visa on 23/5/12 approved 5/9/12.

Thanks for the useful information on the forum was a real help. Good luck to everyone. Cheers luxy

Mate ... that is great news ... both for you receiving a positive answer ... and the reduced (sub 10 months) waiting time ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the useful information on the forum was a real help. Good luck to everyone. Cheers luxy

Congrats luxie.

3 &1/2 months mate that's great,

was your spouse visa for a thai citizen?and also was it lodged offshore in Bangkok or onshore in AUS?

This thread like many has a life of it's own. My mind is now racing with possibilities.

I was planning to apply for the partner visa at the end on the month. Would it be better for my wife to hold off submitting an application and instead enter Australia on a tourist visa and apply onshore for a partner visa? This would presumably eliminate the need to return to Thailand for a medical and visa collection. Is it a viable option?

Condition 8503 "No Further Stay" most likely be imposed on visa, eliminating any chance of applying for any onshore visa.

Thank you. I'll cross that option off. There's nothing stopping me applying for a tourist visa while waiting for a partner visa to be processed though, is there?

I brought my wife and daughter to Oz on a tourist visa, daughter has citizen by decent and PPT. When my wife entered ADL airport immigration were concerned with my wife travelling with my daughter alone and in the process forgot to stamp my wifes PPT. I wasn't sure if this was going to be a problem so I rang immmigration here in Australia and just enquired about it. In conversstion I joked with the call centre guy and said does this mean my wife can stay forever and he said yes, but not because of the stamp but because they didn't include the visa condition 8503 on my wifes visa. I waited until 2 weeks before the expiration of my wifes tourist visa and lodged a bridging visa and temporary visa application.

The bridging visa was granted on the spot and the temporary visa was granted six weeks later, all done here in Australia. My wife and I never intended to stay in Australia permanently and had no aspirations of persuing residency here. Just the way things happened. The wife is now an Aussie citizen.

• Like 1

Congrats luxie.

was your spouse visa for a thai citizen?and also was it lodged offshore in Bangkok or onshore in AUS?

Yes Thai citizen done from Bangkok

Congrats luxie.

That's good news luxie we lodged my ladies defacto partner visa 3month's ago in Bangkok,we are thinking about making another tourist visa whilst waiting for a decision to be made, as they state it can be a 12month wait, now i'm not sure if it's better to wait or not.

I brought my wife and daughter to Oz on a tourist visa, daughter has citizen by decent and PPT. When my wife entered ADL airport immigration were concerned with my wife travelling with my daughter alone and in the process forgot to stamp my wifes PPT. I wasn't sure if this was going to be a problem so I rang immmigration here in Australia and just enquired about it. In conversstion I joked with the call centre guy and said does this mean my wife can stay forever and he said yes, but not because of the stamp but because they didn't include the visa condition 8503 on my wifes visa. I waited until 2 weeks before the expiration of my wifes tourist visa and lodged a bridging visa and temporary visa application.

The bridging visa was granted on the spot and the temporary visa was granted six weeks later, all done here in Australia. My wife and I never intended to stay in Australia permanently and had no aspirations of persuing residency here. Just the way things happened. The wife is now an Aussie citizen.

I'm in the exact same situation. My wife & I planned to come to Australia for an 18 day holiday; I knew that the vast majority of Thai tourist visa applicants received the 8503 condition, and I wanted to stay in Thailand permanently, so I had never even contemplated an onshore migration visa application. When we got here, I happened to be putting her passport away when I noticed that she didn't get the 8503 on her three month single entry.

This obviously got us thinking: now that we're here, and relatively young (me 42, she 41), wouldn't it be better for us in the long-term to apply for the migration visa onshore, stick it out here for the five years or so (until she can get citizenship), working here in the meantime, and then come back to Thailand? Getting an Aussie passport for her would make travelling anywhere a hell of a lot easier, but because I never really wanted to come back here myself has always seemed a distant dream. Now that we're here, and I can see the immense benefit of her having an Aussie passport, it really does seem like we received a gift in not getting the 8503.

So glad to hear we're not the only ones to have this decision thrust upon us. Now I just need to get the application in!

• Like 1

Congrats luxie.

That's good news luxie we lodged my ladies defacto partner visa 3month's ago in Bangkok,we are thinking about making another tourist visa whilst waiting for a decision to be made, as they state it can be a 12month wait, now i'm not sure if it's better to wait or not.

We did a tourist visa then they gave us partner visa a week later.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Just an update to give everyone hope,

A friend submitted their Fiancee visa application in mid may, and it was approved last week , No interveiw or phone contact after medical was done. GF had only just returned to LOS after a three month tourist visa and will be back in Aus next week.

So a great result.

Positive news for all of us in the same boat