Increase In Australian Standard Processing Times (Again)

Hi everyone

We received some fantastic new's 2 days ago, and thought i would share.

My partner got a phone call from the Aus embassy to tell her that her partner visa (sub class 309) has been approved.

She applied on the grounds of a Defacto relationship.

Here's the timeline

Application submitted at V.F.S Bangkok 13/06/2012

Police check and medicals submitted V.F.S Bangkok 11/07/2012

Phone call from Aus embassy 22/10/2012 visa approved (no interview )

She actually had a tourist visa approved the week before wich will be automaticly cancelled. We purchased a return ticket for the tourist visa,

We will probably return together for a holiday on her return ticket dates anyway so no big deal.

Am not sure or not if the TV had pushed the partner visa forward or not, but i think it might be a possibility as luxie 73 had the same thing happen.

Just a spiecial thanks to everyone that contributes to the forum with info and there experience'sclap2.gif

Cheers

A very happy

nightwatchthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner submitted her tourist visa application on Tuesday, received a phone call asking a couple of general questions yesterday. When she checked the tracking site it said her passport had been couriered today. No phone call or any message saying her visa had been approved. Should we be worried by such a quick turnaround?

Generally, people who face issues with receiving their Visa are delayed.

A quick turn-around is usually positive.

To my knowledge, there are no phone calls / SMS's from the Embassy indicating is the Visa application is successful ... or not.

Let us know here with the hopefully positive news.

Is it your partners first application?

What Visa was applied for and what was received?

Generally, people who face issues with receiving their Visa are delayed.

A quick turn-around is usually positive.

To my knowledge, there are no phone calls / SMS's from the Embassy indicating is the Visa application is successful ... or not.

Let us know here with the hopefully positive news.

Is it your partners first application?

What Visa was applied for and what was received?

The VFS will not tell you by phone or email if the application was successful or not. There's no way to find out except to wait until the passport arrives. A friend was refused twice last year and turnaround time was exactly as predicted by VFS (from memory 12 working days).

In my wife's case we had some info requests via email from the case officer, so I emailed her directly and she told us it was successful.

Success.

We applied for and got a 12 month multi-entry tourist visa.

It was her first application and turnaround was less than 72 hours.

She applied on Tuesday afternoon,

Received a phone call from the embassy on Wednesday afternoon asking to confirm my name,

Received via courier this morning with very positive results.

Thanks David for your input.

• Like 1

Hi everyone

My partner got a phone call from the Aus embassy to tell her that her partner visa (sub class 309) has been approved.

Here's the timeline

She actually had a tourist visa approved the week before wich will be automaticly cancelled. We purchased a return ticket for the tourist visa,

We will probably return together for a holiday on her return ticket dates anyway so no big deal.

Am not sure or not if the TV had pushed the partner visa forward or not, but i think it might be a possibility as luxie 73 had the same thing happen.

Just a spiecial thanks to everyone that contributes to the forum with info and there experience'sclap2.gif

Cheers

A very happy

nightwatchthumbsup.gif

Mate that is fantstic news,

As we submitted our subclass 300 visa on June 26 , it appears things may be getting close.

Fingers crossed

Cheers Wazzi

• Like 1

Hi everyone

Here's the timeline

Cheers

A very happy

nightwatchthumbsup.gif

Mate that is fantstic news,

As we submitted our subclass 300 visa on June 26 , it appears things may be getting close.

Fingers crossed

Cheers Wazzi

Thank's Wazzi

My girl rang the embassy to let them know we had submitted an application in for a tourist visa , and asked how long they thought it would take for the partner visa to have a decision made,the lady at the embassy said it would be about 12 weeks from the time the medicals and police checks were submitted(complete application)She said there was a lot of application's before our's ,but she received the phone call a couple of days later for the approval.(my girl is now in Aus)

I am sure u wont have too long to wait now,

Good luck Wazzi

nightwatch.

Can someone offer a little advice for me as I'm a little confused.

We are about to submit our application for a spouse visa.

When do we obtain a med and police check? Do we wait for the embassy to tell us?

As I have now secured employment in Australia it is too expensive for me to return to Bangkok every month to be with my family. When can we ask for a tourist visa after submitting the application for the spouse visa?

Thanks for all advice

Cheers

Greg

When do we obtain a med and police check? Do we wait for the embassy to tell us?

As I have now secured employment in Australia it is too expensive for me to return to Bangkok every month to be with my family. When can we ask for a tourist visa after submitting the application for the spouse visa?

Thanks for all advice

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg

Police check

When we submitted our application at the V.F.S office in Bangkok they gave us a form to take to the police headquarters in Bangkok, not far from Siam BTS , we took it there the same day. It will take two weeks to be completed, then just submit it at VFS . It is a free service and is all in English.

Medicals

The Aus embassy will send an E-mail to you with a PDF u can print it out and then will have to take to one of the nominated hostpitals it was about 2 weeks after we put the application in.

If she goes to one of the e hostpitals it will be sent by them.

You can ask for a tourist visa, At the same time u put your spouse visa in, But i would wait to travel after your spouse has completed her meds and police check, Then u should have a completed application.

Cheers

nightwatch

One more question if I may

Do I have to write a letter of invitation for my wife to visit? and do I have to show means of financial support whilst we wait for a decision? If so does a copy of a bank statement suffice

Again thanks for any advice

Greg

One more question if I may

Do I have to write a letter of invitation for my wife to visit? and do I have to show means of financial support whilst we wait for a decision? If so does a copy of a bank statement suffice

Again thanks for any advice

Greg

http://www.ozvisathai.com/

Greg i have followed the advice on this web site with success , There is some good info there.

Hope this help's

Cheer's

nightwatch

Great news everybody,

We have just received the email telling us our fiancee visa ( sub class 300) has been approved.

We submitted a complete application on June 28 and it was approved on October 23, so just under 4 months, with no contact from the case officer ( interveiw or phone call ) after the medical was submitted.

Obviously we are very very happy.

Thank you to all on this forum who helped with information and answers.

Cheers Guys

• Like 1

Thanks for all advice

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg,

My fiancee organised the police check while we were putting the application together, It takes around 14 days and she had to go to Bangkok to do it. Once we had the police papers we submitted a complete and very informative application, We also submitted a 3 month tourist visa application at the same time , with a covering letter stating that we wanted the TV due to the waiting period for the partner visa,

The tourist visa was approved in 4 days and after 6 days we had the letter for the medical and all tha info re case officer etc.

My Fiancee went to Bangkok hospital for the medical where the paperwork was processed electronicaly ( much easier ) and now 4 months later it is all approved and we are looking at flights to Aus.

My fiancee had only arrived back in Thailand on October 21 and two days later the partner visa was approved.

Overall a much smoother easier and quicker experiance than I was expecting

PM me if you want more information re the application, as I beleive our well put together one with all the information they recquired has made our path easier.

good Luck

Wazzi

A post containing a link to another forum has been removed:

10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums . Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations. Any member who violates this prohibition will be banned from all forums on this website.Advertisers are the only members allowed to post links, URL's or addresses to their sites.

• Like 1

Great news everybody,

We have just received the email telling us our fiancee visa ( sub class 300) has been approved.

We submitted a complete application on June 28 and it was approved on October 23, so just under 4 months, with no contact from the case officer ( interveiw or phone call ) after the medical was submitted.

Obviously we are very very happy.

Thank you to all on this forum who helped with information and answers.

Cheers Guys

Fantastic Wazzi.

Congratulation's

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all who responded

Sorry for the delay in the reply. I have been back in Australia working.

Well we submitted our application 2 days ago together with a tourist visa request. We were given a form for the police check. The lady at VFS said that we would hear from a case officer in 3 months, we would then be asked to obtain the health check.

As I am now working in Aust and returning to bkk every 20 days it becomes a little expensive so I'm hoping they grant the TV so at least my wife and daughter can stay with me in Oz..

I am a little concerned about the process as this is my third marriage to a non Australian and there is a limit of 2. I have one daughter with my Thai wife and no children from any previous marriage. Aparantly they can issue a waiver of the rule if children are involved - time will tell, I guess.

Again thanks for all the good advice