Cracked Windscreen

GiantFan

I have a 5 year old Nissan Wingroad NV. Everyone stop laughing.

OK, a rock kicked up and made a very small crack in the windscreen. Probably about 1 - 2 mm. I have read about a way to fix it, but not sure if anyone knows of a local company (Patong / Kathu preferred)that will do it. Can anyone help?

Back in the other world there are small self repair kits. Not sure if they have them here, but a glass shop may or may not help you out with this. Probably in my cynical mood and knowing local business practices they may not stock these kits so they can sell more windshields...

The Katabeachbum is right on about stopping the crack ASAP. If you think they are laughing at your 5 year old cruiser you should hear the ribbing I get from the Thai folks about my 27 year old Volvo. When I tell them that the value of the wolwo goes up every day and is made from real steel, they laugh all the harder. Just hoping I don't have to search for a windshield for it.B)

There has been a 1,5 centimeter crack in a corner of the windscreen of my car for more than 4 years now, and all the time it stayed exactly like it was right after the impact that caused it.

There are a number of shops selling windscreens in Khokkloy just north of the bridge to Phuket, but I don't know if they do repairs.

Edited by keestha