Property Prices To Drop In Plai Laem?

Ah well. Peace and quiet is a thing of the past here in Plai Laem. :o

Some kind farangs have decided to make their property available for Black Moon Parties! (Yes, I know that tonight is not a Black Moon, but since when did matter.)

Where is the new venue? I was thinking of moving to Plai Laem, have lived there before and loved the area but if thats going on i'll think again.

from the Face Book Page

THE BLACK MOON HAS MOVED TO THE BEACH....

Going back to the roots of the original Black Moon Parties.. we have returned to the beach to a brand new venue the CHILLIN FEEL day bar for a day / night that is set to massive.

unless you house is next door

:thumbsup:

Samui and KPP have enough of these parties and venues already. Other than the FMP none seem to be that well attended or last more than a couple of months. Hopefully this will go the same way. One reason I do not live in Chaweng is the late night partying, long may it stay down that way.

i used to love the Rocky bay nights, nothing beats partying away and watching the sun come up whilst on a beach, sounds good idea to me.

Or even a mile away. I also feel sorry for all the Thai workers who have their houses next door.

Not sure how popular it's likely to be as it's on the wrong side of the island to watch the sun rise and those party lovers rushing in to splash around in the sea will be cut to ribbons on the coral.

i used to love the Rocky bay nights, nothing beats partying away and watching the sun come up whilst on a beach, sounds good idea to me.

Or even a mile away. I also feel sorry for all the Thai workers who have their houses next door.

Not sure how popular it's likely to be as it's on the wrong side of the island to watch the sun rise and those party lovers rushing in to splash around in the sea will be cut to ribbons on the coral.

Well said. Two of my staff live 300 meters away - NOT impressed. And the coral is vicious there.

I was told that the party is at the old 'Greenwood Resort' site. Someone told me that the resort has gone but this is not confirmed. I might wander down and have a look one day :(

"Some kind farangs have decided to make their property available for Black Moon Parties! (Yes, I know that tonight is not a Black Moon, but since when did matter"

Think you may find that the current owners (thai) purchased the lease from a Farang, and the kind Farang has not made their property available as you state.

in this current market if I had the lease and someone offered me a good deal I'd take it, and so would 99% of you.

Edited by starcandle

"Some kind farangs have decided to make their property available for Black Moon Parties! (Yes, I know that tonight is not a Black Moon, but since when did matter"

Think you may find that the current owners (thai) purchased the lease from a Farang and the kind Farang has not made their property available as you state.

in this current market if I had the lease and someone offered me a good deal I'd take it, and so would 99% of you.

i certainly would, dod eat dog world now, people always have the option of moving.

Think you may find that the current owners (thai) purchased the lease from a Farang and the kind Farang has not made their property available as you state.

i certainly would, dod eat dog world now, people always have the option of moving.

Quite an amusing and enlightening post from the man who started the "Sleepless nights in Bophut" thread"

I am sure that you are correct re the 99% starcandle . If what you say is true about the farangs - I stand corrected. Thank you :jap:

Quite an amusing and enlightening post from the man who started the "Sleepless nights in Bophut" thread"

Well said nod. :clap2: There does seem to be a paradigm shift from his original

" last straw for me i cannot tolerate that noise every night. he reckons fully open in 3 months, worth a look if you are out that way. i would have thought sound bar, solo, bamboo, monkey bar, ark bar, lake party etc were enough without sticking one on the side of a mountain in the jungle thats going to keep hundreds awake every night and morning.

Hua Hin here i come finally..."

Well said nod. :clap2: There does seem to be a paradigm shift from his original

" last straw for me i cannot tolerate that noise every night. he reckons fully open in 3 months, worth a look if you are out that way. i would have thought sound bar, solo, bamboo, monkey bar, ark bar, lake party etc were enough without sticking one on the side of a mountain in the jungle thats going to keep hundreds awake every night and morning.

Hua Hin here i come finally..."

Yep! Mind you I agreed with him the first time.

No they don't. i would add that not everyone is so dog eat dog, and i'd really like to think that nowhere near 99% of us would do such a deal.

baring in mind past comments made by your goodself nalak with regards noise etc etc you really have dropped a <deleted> of monumental proportions have'nt you. :)

Edited by carmine

thats why i moved and moved away from Samui because this thing is allwowed to happen there, i used to get woken at 4-5 am by the lakeside party, then the Gecko thing, that was it. its allowed to happen so if its there and you fancy going why not. its illegal but allowed to hapen only in Samui. i never heard any thing from gecko to be fair but the fact its allowed to happen made me move. but if there would probably go for a look why not the population of Samui accept these things so why not

No they don't. i would add that not everyone is so dog eat dog, and i'd really like to think that nowhere near 99% of us would do such a deal.

baring in mind past comments made by your goodself nalak with regards noise etc etc you really have dropped a <deleted> of monumental proportions have'nt you. :)

i cant hear anything :rolleyes: things change, recent events changed my attitude about Samui, very nieve comment to see you would like to think 99% would not do that deal, i would say 99% would. so all the parties in Samui wont loose me 1 minutes sleep so where have i dropped a <deleted>. the only thing that happens about these parties is people right on here, nobody seems to take any action to stop them. but would imagine a beach venue would be very popular with the tourist.Samui after all is a torist destination

Edited by NALAK

Nalak: Hypocrite of the year award. When it happens to you, fury. When it happens to someone else, sounds like a good idea. The mind boggles. I think you just have a chip on your shoulder and trying to troll.

I was going to reply to nalak but you have done it for me and you are spot on.

Please don't fall for the troll . Anymore winding up , I will start deleting posts & issuing warnings.

Do not say you haven't been warned. Making fun of someone's dilemma is not acceptable.

Check with district office, if they have a permit. Just get enough people to sign a petition & approach , the district office with noise complaint.

I am sure you have enough home owners & hotels in the area to get this underway. Unlike another one that was in the hills ( Nalak's thread ) when at the time the complaint was only undertaken by a couple of residents willing to put their names on paper.

What I am telling you about a signed petition, is what I've been told by someone very well in the know, so started up & also give a copy to the Mayor.

Nalak: Hypocrite of the year award. When it happens to you, fury. When it happens to someone else, sounds like a good idea. The mind boggles. I think you just have a chip on your shoulder and trying to troll.

I was going to reply to nalak but you have done it for me and you are spot on.

Agreed. Can only imagine he's missing Samui so much it's finally sent him crackers!

Check with district office, if they have a permit. Just get enough people to sign a petition & approach , the district office with noise complaint.

I am sure you have enough home owners & hotels in the area to get this underway. Unlike another one that was in the hills ( Nalak's thread ) when at the time the complaint was only undertaken by a couple of residents willing to put their names on paper.

What I am telling you about a signed petition, is what I've been told by someone very well in the know, so started up & also give a copy to the Mayor.

Don't expect the normal process to work quickly, I understand it is the family of one of the mayors team who is doing this. They are very highly connected and I would expect they have passed out a lot of envelopes ...