webfact

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well they waited 2 days at least!:whistling:

and so it begins. Let him back and let buffalo have their hero. After 15 years here nothing much surprises. They deserve what they will get but wont even understand one bit why they seem to be as poor as ever. Im all right jack. Stocks up Baht up which is very good fro buffalo im sure. Now who owns what in thailand buffalo's or Taksin and rest of elite.whistling.gif still I have not yet got rid of all my assets here and still have a lot of Thai stock held here so that will be sold over next few months and money taken out. Anyone want some of my wife's 50 rai scattered around place. rolleyes.gif maybe that will go up as well now we have Thailand's economic genius back in power. Still nice to have a little bit more to take out and put safely into Singapore Switzerland and Hong Kong. I wont go until and if it gets so bad I cant live here but my money has decided it wants to leave laugh.gif

Should have gone with monkeywink.gif

Edited by FOODLOVER

Prime minister-elect Yingluck Shinawatra, speaking on the most explosive issue facing her incoming government for the first time since her party's election victory, has told CNN her big brother's case will be reopened and reviewed "along with others" as part of national reconciliation.

Surprise, surprise, shock, horror.

Place your bets here please.

I wager that our Khun Thaksin will be back within a year.

Who wants to give me odds at 50000 to 1?

I must give the guy 10 out of 10 for shear determination and his willpower for never giving up.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Prime minister-elect Yingluck Shinawatra, speaking on the most explosive issue facing her incoming government for the first time since her party's election victory, has told CNN her big brother's case will be reopened and reviewed "along with others" as part of national reconciliation.

I must give the guy 10 out of 10 for shear determination and his willpower for never giving up.

The best reconciliation money can buy... for one side.

We can assume the Assets seizure case won't be reopened ...... http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/08/14/unanimous-rejection-of-thaksin-asset-seizure-appeal/

The time for appealing (and he requirement that one be present to do so) of the Radchada land case could be reviewed but I don't think it can be appealed.

There are plenty of other cases waiting to go forward, many from before the coup .... so .......It looks as if Thaksin might have to wait outside the country for a few more years. The question of Thaksin's Thai citizenship will surely be raised at some point in the future as well :)

'Corruption' is the word used in Thailand to smear competition...... In the west its 'sex crimes' Either one is classic mud slinging.

Only if untrue ---- and 2 Thai courts have ruled on Thaksin already. One civil case (outlining likely future criminal cases) and one criminal case have already been adjudicated.

Gambling is against forum rule #16 otherwise I might take you up to it :rolleyes:

When poor people selling second hand CD's on Bangkok streets have been given prison terms of up to 5 years... a PM rip the Country off for $BILLIONS get 5 years Prison,RUNS AWAY then constantly cause problems for the Country HE gets amnesty (it will happen just as He will be PM again) ...THE PLACE IS INSANE

I find this charade totally sickening but this shows Thailand exactly what it's morals and principles are, to elect someone with only 6 weeks political canvassing experience ;never been an MP –Phu yai bahn or Kamnan into the highest Government office of the land is beyond a joke.

The people of Thailand have been brainwashed they deserve all they get as this Government will end just as all the other Frankenstein Children of TRT have ended.

An Almost Trillionaire with NO experience of Government running one of the most promising economies in Asia..give me a break, it stinks as does Thaksin grinning on TV with his "el Diablo" hand gestures; this man is sick, a power hungry megalomaniac that will most probably sell his sisters soul just to get his snout back into the trough. These are the type of people who are destroying peoples lives thro greed and corruption.

The power of money…if you are planning to invest here be very very careful as the Nationalistic Xenophobes are back (for now)

Thailand? There are many examples of the above in the USA and I'm sure most other countries. Nothing unique to Thailand. Its politics. And of course in almost any country the wealthy get lighter jail sentences relative to their crimes than poor people. Poor people don't have any influence, can't hire good lawyers, etc.

This really is too funny. Politicians the world over are the same. Say what ever you want before the election, and then once in office do exactly what you want to do. Which in this case is bring Thaksin back here and absolve him of any charges. Only two days to get this ball rolling? Wow..... What's next ? Take the same lunatic red shirt leaders that wanted to burn down Bangkok, and put them into important political positions ?? As Yingluck does not appear to be the sharpest pencil in the box, I suspect all major decisions are going to be made through the puppet master himself. Sort of sad really, as I really like living here in Thailand, but I fear that the dark ages are about to come upon us. And to the Thai apologists, I will really try to not let the door hit my ass on the way out.... :-)

Why is it when a bright, successful, conservative woman, like Yingluck enters the political arena she is attacked as "not the sharpest..." What do you point to to substantiate your claim? Yingluck was educated formally in Thailand and the United States. She is a very successful business woman and had been involved in politics for years. If it's a liberal democrat woman then she's brilliant but a conservative must be and idiot your thinking seems to be.

This really is too funny. Politicians the world over are the same. Say what ever you want before the election, and then once in office do exactly what you want to do. Which in this case is bring Thaksin back here and absolve him of any charges. Only two days to get this ball rolling? Wow..... What's next ? Take the same lunatic red shirt leaders that wanted to burn down Bangkok, and put them into important political positions ?? As Yingluck does not appear to be the sharpest pencil in the box, I suspect all major decisions are going to be made through the puppet master himself. Sort of sad really, as I really like living here in Thailand, but I fear that the dark ages are about to come upon us. And to the Thai apologists, I will really try to not let the door hit my ass on the way out.... :-)

Why is it when a bright, successful, conservative woman, like Yingluck enters the political arena she is attacked as "not the sharpest..." What do you point to to substantiate your claim? Yingluck was educated formally in Thailand and the United States. She is a very successful business woman and had been involved in politics for years. If it's a liberal democrat woman then she's brilliant but a conservative must be and idiot your thinking seems to be.

Pray tell us,what capacity was she" involved in Politics for years"?

Edited by MAJIC

Interesting. 'enters the political arena' and 'involved in politics for years'.

Do I sense a bit of a contradiction here :huh:

Link,, Source, whatever you got please.jap.gif

@ Hammered, I've only one response to your flawed point of view 'Thailand will be hammered'.

Regardless of coups, and popularity, and re-written constitutions etc, if you cannot face up to respecting your judicial process and want to reverse verdicts and make everyone not guilty just like that, then there is absolutely no future for this country, most especially the poor who can't afford to pay for their innocence.

There are two correction options for Thaksin; 1. get a retrial - now or in the future when the judges have been changed. 2. review the laws that were applied to see if they were correctly applied.

The problem we have with many people in this country, let's call them 'Thaksinistas' shall we, is that they believe or are resigned to the fact, that a panel of judges are either 'friendly' or 'unfriendly' to you, depending on who you are (or allied with), never mind how transparent the procedure or compelling the evidence, the outcome is generally pre-ordained.

And that is what many people are fighting against here, not against the poor, or Thaksin specifically.

Show me one case since the coup that has blatantly favoured someone who is in charge?

Dear Thai Prime minister elect,

Congratulations on your landslide win. I'm sure you have lots to do in your new job. May I remind you that it can all amount to nothing if force is used against your country.

I don't think you need to worry about any other country invading-- but I do hope you have your own employees under control . For example if 1000 gold shirts sat in front of the Thai electricity generator and stopped workers operating it- until you stepped down from your position, would your employees (army) protect the protesters so that they could stay and keep Thailand in the dark with now power? or would they (army) follow your orders an allow power to be restored to Thailand? (please correct me if I'm wrong-- is the Thai army not the servant of the Thai Government)

Congratulations on your landslide win. I'm sure you have lots to do in your new job. May I remind you that it can all amount to nothing if force is used against your country.

I don't think you need to worry about any other country invading-- but I do hope you have your own employees under control . For example if 1000 gold shirts sat in front of the Thai electricity generator and stopped workers operating it- until you stepped down from your position, would your employees (army) protect the protesters so that they could stay and keep Thailand in the dark with now power? or would they (army) follow your orders an allow power to be restored to Thailand? (please correct me if I'm wrong-- is the Thai army not the servant of the Thai Government)

Not if Thaksin resumes control it isn't!!!!

Not even if his party wins 90 percent of votes at the next election? (2015)

Edited by regfrancis

Enough already.. politicians, and political clans ALWAYS come back in Thailand.

Everyone knows it's going to happen, let's call amnesty for the Airport idiots, the Ratchaprasong idiots, the army generals who sent in war weapons, and Thaksin, who's actual 'conviction' on a conflict-of-interest charge is so minor you'd almost smile about it. (Looking at what past PM's got away with; if you jail Thaksin for that then you need to jail absolutely everyone with the possible exception of Chuan.)

Done.

I agree with you, except for Khun Chuan exxoneration. He was the PM that had the cabinet resigned for Khun Suthep misappropriated the Sor Por Kor 4-01 land for farmers to his fellows Democrat elites in the south instead. While, Khun Thaksin was convicted for influenced in the sales of land to his wife, who was the highest bidder. His PM id card was used as the evidence.

I fail to see how you can blame Chuan for what suthep did? Chuan did the honorable thing by dissolving the cabinet and did not participate in the corruption himself. Thaksin knew it was illegal for him and/or his wife to enter into a contract with the government and if he didn't he should have. He had a team of lawyers to consult after all. All he would have had to do is have one of his other relatives buy it then it would not have been illegal. Maybe he felt like he could not trust them :o

A review of his case sounds fair to me.

Let's remember that all the charges against Thaksin were brought forward by the "Assets Examination Committee" (AEC). The AEC was established after the coup by the military junta. It didn't exist before. There were 12 members on the panel. They include:

- Kaewsan Atibodhi: A vocal critic of Thaksin for many years and speaker at the PAD rallies. He has publicly called Thaksin a hijacker and rapist before being appointed to the AEC.

- Jaruvan Maintaka: She was well know for her criticism of Thaksin before being appointed to the AEC. She refused to resign her position as Auditor-General after the Constitution Court ruled that her nomination was illegal. She was also criticized for nepotism, hiring her own son as her personal secretary using the state budget and bringing her children on a state-funded trip. She is also a member of the Democrat party and a PAD speaker at rallies.

- Banjerd Singkaneti: Also a long-time critic of Thaksin, and a leader of the PAD since 2006. Most famously, he has said that Thaksin was worse than Hitler.

These are just some of the 12 people who have brought charges against Thaksin. Now, after reading the above, I'm sure everyone will agree with me that a review of Thaksin's case sounds more than fair.

Will a review of the case find different facts because different people are investigating?

The AEC brought the case forward. But the DSI prosecuted, and the judges judged.

You're incorrect. The AEC charged Thaksin, the AEC froze Thaksin's assets and it was also the AEC who found Thaksin guilty. The decisions are available online for anyone to read.

The AEC members were the only judges. And as you can see above the AEC members were all PAD or Democrat party members.

NO actually you are wrong.

The AEC found reasonable cause to investigate and freeze the funds.

It did it's investigation, complied the data and their conclusion he there was reason to forward the case to the Attorney General, who then ALSO found reasonable cause to prosecute, and then filed the case in court, which then read the filings and finally found him guilty of 1 of the charges. They rest have not gone past court filing because Thaksin absconded, refusing to go to court and hasn't acknowledged the charges.

So you whole premise is based on false information you have some how come to believe, conveniently cutting out several of the legal steps involved.

While the Attorney General is nominally under the PM and the government, once the chagres are file in court it is NOW the courts domain and out of the hands of the AG.

If you remember even with PPP in Parliament and Samak in PM chair, Thaksin still couldn't stop the cases against him. The only way to no go to jail, and then be forced to attend court on other charges, was to let the Land Case go un-appealed, and just leave the jurisdiction.

But what was he charged with? The OP does not say what the charges are but gives a diatribe of his own explanation?

Prior to the verdict

On 26 February 2010, the Supreme Court was scheduled to render its verdict on whether to seize his family's Thai assets, worth 76 billion baht frozen by the AEC after the coup. The AEC froze the assets under the authority of Announcement No. 30 of the military junta.[18] Tensions ran high through Thailand, tens of thousands of government security forces were deployed, particularly in routes leading to Bangkok. However, the UDD denied that it would rally on the date of the verdict.[195][196] The nine Supreme Court judges had to make a judgment on accusations of abnormal wealth through policy corruption. Policy corruption, was defined by the court as the abuse of powers by implementing economic policies that, while in themselves legal and of potential benefit to society and the economy, also aided companies that were owned in part by the policy maker.[110] The prosecution claimed that Thaksin abused his powers five times while Premier.

[edit] The verdict

The court first ruled that Thaksin and Potjaman were the real owners of the assets, rather than his children and relatives. The court also ruled that it had the authority to seize assets, based on the announcements of the junta. The court found Thaksin guilty of four out of five counts of policy corruption, and ordered that 46 billion in his assets be seized. The remaining 30 billion continued to remain frozen.

Count 1: Conversion of telecom concession fees into excise charges. Previously, telecom operators had to pay the TOT/CAT a percentage of their revenue as a concession fee (TOT/CAT are state-owned enterprises, although they were going through the process of privatization). The Thaksin government modified this into a system wherein all operators would instead directly pay the government an equivalent excise tax. The imposition of excise tax here would eventually be passed on to consumers.[197] Thaksin claimed that all operators continued to pay the same total costs. The judges ruled that this benefited AIS while harming the TOT, and thus was an abuse of power.

Count 2: Modification of a revenue sharing agreement on pre-paid mobile services. Previously, telecom operators had to pay the TOT a percentage of their revenues for post-paid mobile services. To offer pre-paid services, which are generally cost less to the consumer, AIS negotiated with TOT to design a revenue sharing agreement for pre-paid services that offered less revenue to the TOT comprising an estimated loss of 14.2 billion baht (revenue reduced from 25% to 20%) from 2001–06 and another estimated loss of 56 billion baht (revenue reduced from 30% to 20%) from 2006–15.[198] The judges ruled that the terms of the pre-paid agreement harmed TOT while benefiting AIS. The judges did not dispute the fact that TOT's total revenue actually increased substantially as a result of the agreement, but noted that the rise in pre-paid revenue came about while harming TOT's post-paid revenue. The massive growth in Thai mobile penetration from 13% in 2001 to 80% in 2007, due almost completely to pre-paid services, and the reduction in AIS market share from 68% to 53% in the same period were not taken into account by the court.

Count 3: Modification of mobile roaming agreement. Previously, there were no roaming agreements between mobile operators – subscribers from one operator were not allowed to use services on another operator's network, thus limiting the growth of the mobile industry. Under the Thaksin government, roaming was allowed, with roaming fees deducted from the revenue that AIS and other operators had to share with TOT and other state enterprises. Essentially, TOT helped AIS shoulder the costs of its subscribers roaming on the mobile networks of other operators. This reduced TOT and CAT's income while benefiting the operators. However, the judges ruled that it while benefited AIS, it did so to the benefit of AIS's new owners (Temasek Holdings) rather than Thaksin, and hence was not an abuse of power.

Count 4: Replacement of ThaiCom 4 with iPSTAR. A previous government had originally contracted with ShinSat to launch and operate ThaiCom 4 as a backup satellite for ThaiCom 3. Instead, ShinSat negotiated with the Thaksin government to launch iPSTAR, at the time the largest commercial satellite in history, which it claimed could offer commercial internet services while also providing backup for ThaiCom 3. However, the claim is not technically possible since iPSTAR does not have C-band transponders as ThaiCom 3. Shin Corp's ownership in ShinSat was subsequently reduced from 51% to 40%. The judges found that the changes in ownership and satellite specification change reduced Thailand's communications security by not having the backup satellite for ThaiCom 3 on the one-to-one basis. It also noted that the negotiations allowed ShinSat to launch a satellite with much greater commercial potential than ThaiCom 4 without having to bid for a separate concession agreement.

Count 5: EXIM Bank loan to Myanmar to pay for ThaiCom services. Thaksin was scheduled to meet with Burmese leaders to negotiate trade deals between the two countries. One of the deals negotiated gave Myanmar a Thai EXIM Bank loan to purchase 376 million baht in satellite services from ShinSat. Thaksin noted that many deals were struck in the negotiations, and that 16 other companies also benefited from the EXIM Bank's loans. The judges ruled that the loans gave preferential treatment to Thaksin, and hence were an abuse of power.[199][200]

The judges decided to seize 46 billion differences in value of Shin Corp. shares from the date when he came to office and the value when the shares were sold to Singapore's Temasek Holdings in early 2006. Note that, Thaksin had declared around 500 million baht in assets and Pojaman had 8 billion to 9 billion baht while Thaksin served as prime minister.[198] Nevertheless, during that period, Shin shares gained 121%, compared with a 128% gain in the benchmark SET index, while Siam Cement, one of Thailand's premier blue chip companies, gained 717%.[201] The judges did not find that Thaksin was guilty of malfeasance. They also noted that any benefit to the government from Thaksin's policies was irrelevant to the ruling. The government reaped approximately 100 billion baht in increased revenue from changes in the concession agreements alone.

On 21 October 2008, the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions ruled that Thaksin, while prime minister, abused his power to help his wife buy public land at auction, and sentenced him to two years in jail; however, the charge against Potjaman had lapsed, and the land and properties she gained under the deal could not be seized since she herself had held no political office. The Court also revoked her arrest warrant for this case.

A junta-appointed Assets Examination Committee froze Thaksin's assets and attempted to bring charges against him. The AEC was criticized for being stacked with anti-Thaksin appointees. At one point, AEC Secretary Kaewsan Atibodhi claimed that "evidence and witnesses are useless", when an AEC panel recommended legal action without hearing 300 witnesses or considering 100 additional pieces of evidence.[142] The AEC froze Thaksin's assets (Wikipedia as source)

There have been a lot of other charges floating around but the above are the one that stuck.

When looking at the charges you also need to see how they were created and who created them. It would appear that the AEC played a big part in the creation of the charges which were set by the panel that was appointed by the AEC. What were the qualifications of the AEC panel and what instructions were given, how did they conduct the gathering of information, etc etc etc.

Once the panel constructed the charges, they may not have given a judge a way to handle the verdict in a impartial way; that is the verdict was always going to be one of guilty as charged.

What I do also see is a lot of people on this board rely on accusations of charges that were not proved.

Of course if the AEC was stacked with Thaksin partisans it would have found nothing wrong.That is the point, they could not have impartial people,because they don't exist.

I like this attempted line of thought :

"Once the panel constructed the charges, they may not have given a judge a way to handle the verdict in a impartial way; that is the verdict was always going to be one of guilty as charged."

Exactly how can they force a judge to follow their logic?

Constructed the charges sounds like you imply built from free air or totally fabricated. Why would Thaksins lawyers stall the case if there was nothing to worry about?

The judge is not limited to ONLY their data. They can input from any and all sources the prosecutors decide to present,and Thaksins legal team had every opportunity to present exculpatory documentation. In fact Thaksins legal team attempted to swamp the4 AEC and the Prosecutors with useless information to plow through to waste their time and slow prosecution

Next point, yes the initially froze the assets years ago, it filed it's data and recommendation with the legal system, and then dissolved YEARS AGO.

So how can the AEC be blamed for his assets STILL being frozen in 2010?

It can't be, because the legals system AFTER the AEC did their job agreed that there was probably cause, and kept it frozen, and this was proved out by later conviction and confiscation of the cash.

The AEC was a follow on of another committee that Thaksin had tried to co-opt while in office.

Considering Yingluk is part of the Shinawatra clan this money was taken from, because their attempts to hide it from taxes failed miserably, how can there NOT be a huge conflict of interest in Yingluck directing a re-investigation using Thaksin partisans as the investigators.

The land case was the only one Thaksin showed up to acknowledge in court, the other cases, all more serious, are still alive and awaiting his next court appearance. Which is why he wants amnesty so badly. Even if the actions happened prior to the AEC, he's going to try and say they were political when filed and so deserve amnesty. It's his only line of defense.

Edited by animatic

Not even if his party wins 90 percent of votes at the next election? (2015)

Nope!! The army will NEVER accept Thaksin - I suppose the only way he could reverse this is to fill all the leading army roles with his cronies although he would have to search high and low to find them.

I'm also not convinced that he will want to remain on the political scene for much longer anyway (maybe the new dynasty has arrived). I pray that Yingluck doesn't adopt his dodgy practices and abuse her power and position like the dishonourable goblin did in his time and then maybe it won't be as bad as I first feared with Abhisit exiting the scene!!

Well that didn't take long. As far as conflict of interest debate, that is just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot more charges levied against Thaskin and anyway all this planning for amnesty is just a cover up for what the real plan is and that is for Thaskin to be Pm again and fill his coffers once more. When you have billions to pay for your hidden adgenda then naturally people will line up to support any hidden adgendas. You will all see that nothing has changed when comes to Thaskin. He could only 100% trust his sister who was voted in with no political experience and so when she speaks she is passing on Thaskins ideology. You will see! Yes I was wrong about the Dems I admit that openely,but i am not wrong about this farce that's being called a democratic elected goverment.

Of course if the AEC was stacked with Thaksin partisans it would have found nothing wrong.That is the point, they could not have impartial people,because they don't exist.

I like this attempted line of thought :

"Once the panel constructed the charges, they may not have given a judge a way to handle the verdict in a impartial way; that is the verdict was always going to be one of guilty as charged."

Exactly how can they force a judge to follow their logic?

Constructed the charges sounds like you imply built from free air or totally fabricated. Why would Thaksins lawyers stall the case if there was nothing to worry about?

The judge is not limited to ONLY their data. They can input from any and all sources the prosecutors decide to present,and Thaksins legal team had every opportunity to present exculpatory documentation. In fact Thaksins legal team attempted to swamp the4 AEC and the Prosecutors with useless information to plow through to waste their time and slow prosecution

Next point, yes the initially froze the assets years ago, it filed it's data and recommendation with the legal system, and then dissolved YEARS AGO.

So how can the AEC be blamed for his assets STILL being frozen in 2010?

It can't be, because the legals system AFTER the AEC did their job agreed that there was probably cause, and kept it frozen, and this was proved out by later conviction and confiscation of the cash.

The AEC was a follow on of another committee that Thaksin had tried to co-opt while in office.

Considering Yingluk is part of the Shinawatra clan this money was taken from, because their attempts to hide it from taxes failed miserably, how can there NOT be a huge conflict of interest in Yingluck directing a re-investigation using Thaksin partisans as the investigators.

The land case was the only one Thaksin showed up to acknowledge in court, the other cases, all more serious, are still alive and awaiting his next court appearance. Which is why he wants amnesty so badly. Even if the actions happened prior to the AEC, he's going to try and say they were political when filed and so deserve amnesty. It's his only line of defense.

This absoluty correct and all will see that this whole redshirt PTP was put together for Thaskins return to power and hopefully his billions. Great assetment!

Well that didn't take long. As far as conflict of interest debate, that is just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot more charges levied against Thaskin and anyway all this planning for amnesty is just a cover up for what the real plan is and that is for Thaskin to be Pm again and fill his coffers once more. When you have billions to pay for your hidden adgenda then naturally people will line up to support any hidden adgendas. You will all see that nothing has changed when comes to Thaskin. He could only 100% trust his sister who was voted in with no political experience and so when she speaks she is passing on Thaskins ideology. You will see! Yes I was wrong about the Dems I admit that openely,but i am not wrong about this farce that's being called a democratic elected goverment.

I think the REAL PLAN is instaling the Shin Dynasty to control the

South West China access to the Sea Ports through Thailand.

Proper train lines from the Chinese manufacturing centers

and to Chonburi, Bangkok and the proposed Indian ocean port at Satun.

These are by fare the easiest most logical routes to BOTH seas.

Not only is this more cash than the oil deals, it also is a never ending source of cash.

It also would cause China to open even more manufacturing in the deep south west,

and open a smaller but lucrative reverse trade to China for Thai products,

and sub-component assembly and food transports.

Thaksin ego aside, this is the 1,300 lb gorilla lurking behind all these clan moves.

Edited by animatic

Cambodia is on the upswing because Hun Sen is selling off all the national resources to foreigners in exchange for personal wealth. The economic activities of the foreigners then bring a small amount of wealth to the people to keep them in line. Thailand sold off most of its natural resources decades ago. I shudder to think what Thaksin will do to this country if he is allowed to consolidate his hold on power, and there isn't an obvious exploitable area such as this.

It has been claimed that the unrest in Thailand has been fueled and funded by foreign corporations because Thaksin better serves their interests.

A quick assessment of what is currently happening in Egypt, and the brazen admissions made amidst the pages of corporate-funded think tanks like the Brookings Institution suggests that "economic liberalization," or the complete opening and despoiling of the nation by foreign corporations upon Thaksin's return to power is the most likely answer. This should come as no surprise, as it was Thaksin himself during his time as prime minister, who attempted to ramrod through a US-Thai free trade agreement without parliamentary approval stipulating similar "liberalization."

Read more here:

Corporate-funded "People's" Movement

Flash Back: Thailand's Thaksin and the US-FTA

See the list of corporations that would have benefited from the free trade agreement, and may possibly soon benefit now that Thaksin has regained power:

US-Thailand Free Trade Agreement: Advice Concerning the Probable Economic Effect of Duty-Free Treatment for Imports

but one thing is sure is that Thaksin cannot remain in exile when the majority of the country want him back.

If we assume that all Pheu Thai voters want Thaksin back and that all non-Pheu Thai voters don't want him back, then the statement "the majority of the country want him back" is false because the percentage of the electorate who voted for Pheu Thai is less than 50%.

Edited by hyperdimension

but one thing is sure is that Thaksin cannot remain in exile when the majority of the country want him back.

If we assume that all Pheu Thai voters want Thaksin back and that all non-Pheu Thai voters don't want him back, then the statement "the majority of the country want him back" is false because the percentage of the electorate who voted for Pheu Thai is less than 50%.

Indeed.

Let's not also forget that with regards to the comment "Thaksin cannot remain in exile", that nobody is forcing him to remain that way. It's entirely his choice. Always has been. Would take a mere few hours for him to jump on his private jet and fly in.

She does have a track record of actually making money. Most stupid people can't lay claim to that.

whistling.gif