ID Cards For Thai Children Issued From July 10

webfact

:D

Niran said, "It will also lower the risk of Thai children's identity being stolen by alien children".

My dog have more senses than this xenophobic moron. :bah:

I think it is a good idea. Here in Chiangmai we have a real problem with aliens roaming around trying to steal identities. Here one we caught in our garden just the other night.

:D :D

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least they have not started implanting microchips into babies yet which can't be too much further down the road.

I think it may also be a typo in the term must carry or when they must carry as this goes against the stated purpose of the IDs and there really is no way to enforce the law as children 7 to 14 cannot be punished criminally in Thailand and it is not like there are not significant numbers of Thai adults walking around without ID who in my understanding don't get arrested or fined. If it is a law, it seems to be one that isn't enforced too much. In the west were they want to run your data in the computer with each encounter with police, you can have issues for not carrying an ID but have not seen it cause any problem here ... then again, am just basing this on observation of the stops I have witnessed as well as it being my understanding a foreigner doesn't even have to carry his passport with him but simply be able to produce it in a reasonable time frame.

Edited by Nisa

biggrin.gif

Niran said, "It will also lower the risk of Thai children's identity being stolen by alien children".

My dog have more senses than this xenophobic moron. bah.gif

I think it is a good idea. Here in Chiangmai we have a real problem with aliens roaming around trying to steal identities. Here one we caught in our garden just the other night.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I've not heard too much about it but would imagine some of the poorer neighboring countries would be interested in claiming Thai Citizenship especially for their kids health benefits ... or maybe they just want the Thai price at the amusement parks.

Edited by Nisa

At least they have started implanting microchips into babies yet which can't be too much further down the road.

Haven't?

Corrected - thanks. I need to stop fooling myself that it isn't time to get glasses. Unless I see the red underline for a spelling mistake, I assume I haven't made a mistake.

But you know, as long as they couldn't track your movements ... having an implant might not be bad. No more IDs, credit cards, bank cards or renewals to deal with or losing these cards or having them stolen. I am guessing it will start with a volunteer program and then discounts applied for having the chip until the majority of the people will be for it. Spooky but would have its advantages to just being able to have somebody scan the chip in combination with an eye or finger print to make all your transactions. But for some reason, I think in addition to the chip there will be a need for a tattoo too .. something like a 666 along your hairline.

Edited by Nisa