Thai Us Travel To Be More Difficult Now

xenaz

Appears travel USA - Thailand will be more complex now; as Pres O and da Homeland Sec have put the Land of Smiles on its terror campaign fear risk list. In addition to required visa routines, in the works, Khun Thais (and at discrimination, Falung residing in Amazing Thailand) wanting to visit the States will have to submit new third party agency paperwork; more money, forms, bureaucracy. Some can only ponder if this is because of the new Pheua Thai government being set up, its links to former fugitives and other shady members? (New World Order = Pheua to order = same same) The table is being set for tyrannical.

This is from the report:

Along with Thailand, three other countries known as special US allies were placed on the risk list last month: Egypt, Israel and the Philippines.

ICE (the new name of the US immigration and customs department) has put 36 countries and the West Bank on its new watch list, and given them a group designator: Specially Designated Countries (SDCs). Citizens from countries on this list that wish to travel to the US will be required to submit to a new "Third Agency Check (TAC)".

And this from the Homeland Security Office:

Appendix D Specially Designated Countries

ICE provided this list of specially designated countries. ICE policy requires officers to perform a TAC for detained aliens from these countries.

Afghanistan Territories of Gaza West

Algeria Bank Bahrain Oman Bangladesh Pakistan Djibouti Philippines Egypt Qatar Eritrea Saudi Arabia Indonesia Somalia Iran Sudan Iraq Syria Israel Tajikistan Jordan Thailand Kazakhstan Tunisia Kuwait Turkey Lebanon Turkmenistan Libya United Arab Emirates Malaysia Uzbekistan Mauritania Yemen

Morocco

Supervision of Aliens Commensurate with Risk

Page

Edited by cougar52

Where do you get this information that Americans will be required to provide 3rd party documentation?

If you google it and read a bit more I believe what it actually says is that it does NOT apply to USA citizens but only to citizens of Thailand and other countries wishing to fly into America. Americans returning to America are not impacted at all.

And this from the Homeland Security Office:

Appendix D Specially Designated Countries

ICE provided this list of specially designated countries. ICE policy requires officers to perform a TAC for detained aliens from these countries.

Afghanistan Territories of Gaza West

Algeria Bank Bahrain Oman Bangladesh Pakistan Djibouti Philippines Egypt Qatar Eritrea Saudi Arabia Indonesia Somalia Iran Sudan Iraq Syria Israel Tajikistan Jordan Thailand Kazakhstan Tunisia Kuwait Turkey Lebanon Turkmenistan Libya United Arab Emirates Malaysia Uzbekistan Mauritania Yemen

Morocco

Supervision of Aliens Commensurate with Risk

Page

Yes, exactly. Note the phrase "for detained aliens". Quite a difference from what the OP reported. :huh:

Big surprise.

Wasn't it obvious from the "style" of the OP that it was bound to be less than accurate? It was to me.

I'm a US citizen who has been on a watch list for the last couple of years due to spending all my vacations in Thailand (six years). Did a project for work there and fell in love with it. Now every re-entry to the US, I get a secondary screening - dumped suitcase, linings unzipped, computer searched (all files) and all pics viewed on my camera (100+ images). I'm waiting on my re-dress since December. The Airport individual pointed me to the web site to request re-dress and that it would take 30 days. It's now July with no response. Three re-entries with secondary screenings and they've never found anything wrong, but are obviously putting something in my record to force the secondary screenings. Each one has been more intense than the last. I fear what's next. I love Thailand and I retired this year and got a student visa to try living here permanently to see if it will be different than vacation mode. I love it. But I will go back to the states to see my daughter and grandson as often as affordable.

Know lots of Americans that live here and visit here regularly, none of them are subject to secondary screening when going back to the US. Must be something in you specifically that aroused more inspections................