Confusion Still Reigns Over Incoming Thai Govt's Economic Policy

webfact

Unbelievable that the elected party don't really have any policies ready to implement. That video link to Dubai must be down at the moment.

They have a policy, one only: Mr T back.

Unbelievable that you two think that things run here the way they might in your native land! When did you two step off the plane?

Name one leader in the history of history who is has / had less financial means than his or her own fellow countrymen, and then I'll refrain from suggesting that you take a leap off the deep end for the "T-back" statement.

I only had two beers tonight, that may explain why I have no idea at all how this post relates to the OP "confusion still reigns over incoming Thai government's economical policy "

Name one leader in the history of history who is has / had less financial means than his or her own fellow countrymen, and then I'll refrain from suggesting that you take a leap off the deep end for the "T-back" statement.

That doesn't make any sense. Plenty of leaders have been poorer than the richest of their country's citizens and obviously richer than their poorest. Some even came from very humble backgrounds. And few of them were billionaires like Khun Thaksin (and that in a country where the poor were exceedingly poor) -- except perhaps for the particularly odious oligarchs found in some developing countries.

And no one can name one person who "has / had less financial means than his or her own fellow countrymen" because there is no one level of financial means for a whole country. But if you want one name in all of history of a leader that wasn't especially wealthy and was well below the level of many in his countrymen, one that comes to mind (surely not the only example) is Abraham Lincoln. Or Harry Truman. Or Ho Chi Minh. Or...

But how is that even relevant? Do you think that the complaint people have about Thaksin is that he's wealthier than (most of) his fellow countrymen?

Semantics, SteeleJoe. I am sleepy. I think we both agree. I certainly read your responses and wish I had stated things more clearer. Take care. I caught your other posts. Good words.

I suggest they float the THB back to the 2004 rate 45THB to USD$1.00. Power to the peopleph34r.gif

While i can appreciate that this would enhance your lifestyle (and I would like B50 or so to the AUD), i'm not so sure it would be a good thing for Thailand to depreciate their currency by 50% because another country has completely F***ed their own economy and that of a lot of the rest of the world.

if you would like the USD to regain its strength, you might like to assist in cleaning your own home before taking a dump on the carpet in someone else"s.

Just a suggestion ... sheesh, mang. I can NOT clean my own house when I'm not the criminal that stole from it and depleted our work force and continues to start wars and give money to needy governments like CHINA and THAILAND and to countries that HATE us. Geez, man, why'd you think I left. Wait 'til Oz goes belly up too.

I can't clean that house either and left for the same reasons. Some of us have our eyes wide open.

Dear Ms. / Mr. Nophakhun Limsamarnphun

Why in Hades are you jumping the gun and stirring up a bunch of crap way before the new PM even has a chance to settle in?

Are you mad?

The former party had years to get things right, and they did NOT, and this is one of the first elections in recent history where the candidate won "DECISIVELY".

Give the lady a chance!!!!!!!

Geeze!!!

Are you nuts.

The former party had two years and they had to fight off a band of Terrorists. All in all they did a good job considering they had to fight to do some thing good for Thailand, Pretty tough to do munch when the opposition dosen't give a flying fig for Thailand just want to get in so they can bleed money from the Thailand coffers into their own pocket.

If you would pay attention you would notice that it is the P T starting the crap. One day it is right the next day it is left. One day Thaksin is not involved with politics the next day PT MPs are flying of to Dubai to meet with him. The list goes on and if you ask for information you are given information only to see it changed after a phone call from Dubai.

If your wife treated you like the Shinawatra's treat Thailand you would throw her out.

Dear Ms. / Mr. Nophakhun Limsamarnphun

Why in Hades are you jumping the gun and stirring up a bunch of crap way before the new PM even has a chance to settle in?

Are you mad?

The former party had years to get things right, and they did NOT, and this is one of the first elections in recent history where the candidate won "DECISIVELY".

Give the lady a chance!!!!!!!

Geeze!!!

Are you nuts.

The former party had two years and they had to fight off a band of Terrorists. All in all they did a good job considering they had to fight to do some thing good for Thailand, Pretty tough to do munch when the opposition dosen't give a flying fig for Thailand just want to get in so they can bleed money from the Thailand coffers into their own pocket.

If you would pay attention you would notice that it is the P T starting the crap. One day it is right the next day it is left. One day Thaksin is not involved with politics the next day PT MPs are flying of to Dubai to meet with him. The list goes on and if you ask for information you are given information only to see it changed after a phone call from Dubai.

If your wife treated you like the Shinawatra's treat Thailand you would throw her out.

No, I'm not nuts. Those are some pretty good excuses to use as a reason for not much being accomplished. As far as the Shinawatras, and who goes to visit them, who cares? That is not against the law to do so.

Thaksin: Bt300 minimum wage is only applied in Bangkok. /via @aunonline #PostToday /via@suthichai /via@veen_NT

I'm glad Thaksin, who's not involved with PTP, is putting a stop to the confusion.

And now the pull-backs, and the caveats & excuses, the re-interpretations of election-promises begin. And the poor-people & Reds who voted PTP get to see, that what they will actually get from Thaksin & his clone isn't what they were promised, but that's OK because they've already voted.

Yay for True-Democracy & Integrity ! B)

Well there is a turn up for the book, no doubt 20,000 baht a ton paddy prices will only apply to the areas that voted for the PTP.

Who would have believed that the PTPT were not being very transparent in their election camping?

Duplicity rules.

dishonest talk or behaviour, especially by saying different things to two people They were accused of duplicity in their dealings with both sides.

Yet again we see it is, ""THAKSIN SAYS"

His sister is indeed proving to be a 100% puppet.

Edited by siampolee

Thaksin: Bt300 minimum wage is only applied in Bangkok. /via @aunonline #PostToday /via@suthichai /via@veen_NT

Is there any confirmation on this report by aunonline, who's quoted by suthicahi and veen? I haven't seen anything written up by either of the big papers.

Is there any confirmation on this report by aunonline, who's quoted by suthicahi and veen? I haven't seen anything written up by either of the big papers.

It's on Twitter ... it must be true. :ph34r:

It's on Twitter ... it must be true. :ph34r:

Must be - this time at least. From the other newspaper, from an interview with Thaksin:

"The 300-baht minimum wage will only apply to Bangkok. In other areas, minimum wages will be lower."