The Wife Wants To Join Thai Visa Forum

Thongkorn

Having been a member on Thai Visa for a short while and been a regular reader and poster, OK some good and some not so good posts. :whistling: , The little lady(My wife) has often sat beside me reading some of the more technical questions and answers about Thailand and its Politics, along with other posts .She has had a difficult life and is a typical Thai lady, She will not dwell on things and gets on with life, With what ever life may throw at her. And after all she knows more about Thailand than i will ever know. She has more of a say than I do, because it is her Country :jap: . I know there are a few female members on Thai visa, Would it add another prospective to have a, (or another) Thai lady member,probably along with a few more.

why not let her decide?

She has but it is polite to ask. Some other so called Thailand forums do not let or want Thai women to join, because of the racist and bias uncouth ideas and pictures posted by small minded men.

why not let her decide?

She has but it is polite to ask. Some other so called Thailand forums do not let or want Thai women to join, because of the racist and bias uncouth ideas and pictures posted by small minded men.

I didn't have to ask and neither presumably, did you. (Don't think it was impolite for any of us to join without asking so I don't see why it should be for her...)

EDIT to Add:

Going by what I've seen of this forum, I suspect she will be politely welcomed by most (if she joins and speaks for herself) and those, if any, who for whatever don't like the idea of a Thai woman joining won't comment on it.

Edited by SteeleJoe

why not let her decide?

Thai Visa desperately needs more female members. The answer is unequivacably yes.

why not let her decide?

Thai Visa desperately needs more female members. The answer is unequivacably yes.

Far too many TV members behave like male members.

WHile most of us would welcome the OP's wife, I can imagine that a small minority might offend her - or even go out of their way to offend her; some of them even offend my sensibilities, but like bad smells, either we get used to them or they go away...

SC

I think it's a belting idea! I remember reading, (well looking at) a magazine, years ago, which had a 'readers wives section' I think it was called 'Fiesta'…………………………………Only joking, I think it a good idea……………..Just tell her, 'Up to you'

Edited by Tonto21

Indeed, a Thai woman posting for herself is more than welcome and if she's been reading it she should realize by now what some members can be like and can hopefully develop a thick skin.

why not let her decide?

WHile most of us would welcome the OP's wife, I can imagine that a small minority might offend her - or even go out of their way to offend her; some of them even offend my sensibilities, but like bad smells, either we get used to them or they go away...

SC

Perspective is a wonderful tool....occasionally aided by a whiff of perfume...

Except on a Saturday night. wink.gif

SC

I was really trying to avoid rising to the "female members"

(How Frankie Howerd is that?)

SC

SC

I was really trying to avoid rising to the "female members"

(How Frankie Howerd is that?)

SC

No you should be thinking Kenneth Williams. He'd be all in favour of fronting the ladies.

Indeed, a Thai woman posting for herself is more than welcome and if she's been reading it she should realize by now what some members can be like and can hopefully develop a thick skin.

Perhaps she already has one [thick skin].

A broad mind would be more useful than a thick skin I would have thought unless she has emigrated.

How could you say that? How could you murder such a beauty of ambiguity?

Frankie and Kenneth would surely be turning in their graves.

I'm not sure that you can appreciate a member just by reading TV; not that it is a subject that I am interested in, by the way...

SC

why not let her decide?

Thai Visa desperately needs more female members. The answer is unequivocally yes.

Absolutely. :D

Well, I know she reads my posts from time to time, so that's okay with me.

She normally posts on a Thai forum (in Thai).

Basically, up to her what she chooses.

great, she can share how highly regarded Thais and women regarded are here on TV. We could even see an upswing in membership of a Thai demographic.

She could perhaps even provide some inside information that could help many of our existing numbers. For instance it would be brilliant to have her perspective on the combined use of sello tape and cling film in supermarkets, or finally put to rest the many "why do they always" debates. Perhaps, she could help us define what exactly is meant by "the average Thai" and provide us with some accurate insight into how much they actually do make.

In time, she could give Mrs Stick a run for her money, or perhaps she could have given Mrs Stick has already done a runner herself.

At any rate she is welcome here, though i would honestly question why she would want to set up camp in a viper's nest.

A comment too far.

The above is one of the reasons why i asked,

And thanks nocturn you where right , it is a vipers nest for Some. The average Thai as we See it, are the ones who do not have Big money, the ones who live hand to mouth every day , go to work fo14 hours a day in a factory and get 1600baht a week ,.For making Goods that sell for 1000s of pounds/dollars.or the ones who live in the villages that get 200baht for a days work. or should i say the people that are the back bone of the Thai Econamy.

A comment too far.

The above is one of the reasons why i asked,

And thanks nocturn you where right , it is a vipers nest for Some. The average Thai as we See it, are the ones who do not have Big money, the ones who live hand to mouth every day , go to work fo14 hours a day in a factory and get 1600baht a week ,.For making Goods that sell for 1000s of pounds/dollars.or the ones who live in the villages that get 200baht for a days work. or should i say the people that are the back bone of the Thai Econamy.

Unfortunately we are unlikely to hear from this 'average Thai' on TV.

The average Thai as we See it, are the ones who do not have Big money, the ones who live hand to mouth every day , go to work fo14 hours a day in a factory and get 1600baht a week ,.For making Goods that sell for 1000s of pounds/dollars.or the ones who live in the villages that get 200baht for a days work. or should i say the people that are the back bone of the Thai Econamy.

If I recall that wasn't only your view of the "average Thai" but the only real Thais. (Who did not include, according to you, those millions who live in Bangkok.)

I'd be interested to hear if your wife says the same.

Unfortunately we are unlikely to hear from this 'average Thai' on TV.

My wifes Family where/are poor I will not go into it, But she is not the only one, There are many Thai Visa members who's wife come from a back ground of poverty. So Yes there are many Average Thais who have a voice that are on Thai Visa, And they have a wealth of knowledge, Not that there are People, who are not Thai who have lived in Thailand for a Long time that have taken time to learn how to speak Thai,i and understand some of the Thai Culture.

I'd suggest the OP caution his wife that some of the posters can be pretty nasty; not all westerners are as sweet and kind as he. Also, she might receive PMs that are troubling. It might be a good idea to ask her to share her password so the OP can check out the PM action. I've received a few flaming PMs and as a Thai woman she may receive some even more troubling, especially if English is a second language.

why not let her decide?

I'll go with that tell her yes. :welcomeani::wai:

jb1

I'd suggest the OP caution his wife that some of the posters can be pretty nasty; not all westerners are as sweet and kind as he. Also, she might receive PMs that are troubling. It might be a good idea to ask her to share her password so the OP can check out the PM action. I've received a few flaming PMs and as a Thai woman she may receive some even more troubling, especially if English is a second language.

If you or anyone receive nasty PMs report them to a Moderator and they will be dealt with.