Visiting And Shopping In Bangkok

Pearlgirl

In early August my husband and I are planning a car trip to Bangkok for about 4 or 5 days and plan on doing some shopping and maybe some sight-seeing. Its been about 5 years since we've been to Bangkok and have stayed in the areas where there's a lot of trendy upscale shopping malls, but this time we are looking for somewhere that isn't quite so expensive - clothing, furniture, home fixtures, that sort of thing. I suppose we could just stumble around in Bangkok and hopefully find areas on our own, but I thought it would be easier to ask you gals who live there where you would recommend shopping and staying. Some places with good restaurants and shops and decent hotels. I've been doing some research on the internet but most of the recommendations are for those shops that cater to the rich and famous.

You're probably asking yourself why we want to shop in Bangkok when Chiang Mai has all the amenities we need right here - well, its just an excuse to get away for a road trip and perhaps see a side of Bangkok we haven't seen yet.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Hotels in pratunam are relatively cheap for central Bkk

The area can be very crowded though.

If u want somewhere quieter try search for hotels in Aree area.

Oh yeh oopsy. Forgot about the driving part.....

Thonburi side is also much cheaper. Not sure where u can look for shopping though. There are ofcourse lots of big malls on the outskirt of every suburb.....

Pinklao perhaps?