Driver License And Vehicle Ownership Change

sailaway2000

I've been to Immigration to get the Certificate of Residence Affidavit. Now the question?

If I use the Affidavit for the License, is the License, because it required the Resident Certificate/Affidavit, suitable and accepted at the Transportation Department for transferring vehicle registration into my name?

Hopefully I do not need two Affidavits from Immigration to get me legal.

Answers? Your Experience please!!!!

Thanks

As I understand it, the COR must state the reason for its use otherwise it's not valid. So if it only states 'for driving licence' that's all you can use it for. There was a time when you could put several items on the one certificate as long as you used it within a month, but I don't know if that's true now. I haven't needed one for some time so others might guide you better.

Certificate of Residence from Immigration is good for 11+ months, normally don't get one but was buying a car out of Provence = must have the Immigration Certificate of Residence....

In the end did not buy the car, but used the Certificate of Residence from Immigration 7 months later to renew my 5 year drivers Licence again....

Normally just go to the Town Hall in the next Village which covers my area and get a letter from them, done while you wait and free, used this many times, Driving Licences, 2x car 3 x Pickups

Certificate of Residence from Immigration is good for 11+ months, normally don't get one but was buying a car out of Provence = must have the Immigration Certificate of Residence....

In the end did not buy the car, but used the Certificate of Residence from Immigration 7 months later to renew my 5 year drivers Licence again....

Normally just go to the Town Hall in the next Village which covers my area and get a letter from them, done while you wait and free, used this many times, Driving Licences, 2x car 3 x Pickups

The certificate of residence is only good for 2 weeks!!!

Maybe different areas have different rules, area I live Immigration Certificate of Residence can be use anytime within 12 months of issue... I asked at Immigration + asked at the car Licencing Office both said good to use withing 12 months. + used mine 7 months after issue date..

I thought it was a month, but definitely not 11 months as stated.

I thought it had to state the reason for the certificate and could only be used for the purpose stated.

I thought it had to state the reason for the certificate and could only be used for the purpose stated.

The form about 8 years ago if I remember was only be used for the purpose stated..

The next time I went [late last year] and got a Certificate of Residence from Immigration the form was a lot different + had to show Blue House Book, fill out 2 other forms copy of passport, Copy of a Thai's i.d [friend with there phone number] copy of Visa + 2 photo's.... on the bottom of the Certificate of Residence from Immigration is my photo and signed by me and signed by the Immigration Officer with there Immigration stamp 1/2 over the photo and signatures... + They said it was good for 12 months.. 7 months later used it for my next 5 years drivers license, they also said it was good for 12 months..

[ the 1st one years ago as I remember I had to pay something like 100 baht and the Certificate of Residence from Immigration was returned by post 3 weeks later... This new one was FREE and had to call back to Immigration 3 days later to pick it up.]

I do not normally use Immigration, as I am in the Computer in the local Town Hall, so just go and they print off another copy, with new date and the big red seal stamped and signed from the Junta. states only my name and address and passport No: ... have use this for many years for different things.. [Get electric when house was built early 2004, Internet Contract, Mobile and home phone contracts, Driving Licences, buy/sell cars and Pickups, get mains water and so on]

The form about 8 years ago if I remember was only be used for the purpose stated..

The next time I went [late last year] and got a Certificate of Residence from Immigration the form was a lot different + had to show Blue House Book, fill out 2 other forms copy of passport, Copy of a Thai's i.d [friend with there phone number] copy of Visa + 2 photo's.... on the bottom of the Certificate of Residence from Immigration is my photo and signed by me and signed by the Immigration Officer with there Immigration stamp 1/2 over the photo and signatures... + They said it was good for 12 months.. 7 months later used it for my next 5 years drivers license, they also said it was good for 12 months..

[ the 1st one years ago as I remember I had to pay something like 100 baht and the Certificate of Residence from Immigration was returned by post 3 weeks later... This new one was FREE and had to call back to Immigration 3 days later to pick it up.]

I do not normally use Immigration, as I am in the Computer in the local Town Hall, so just go and they print off another copy, with new date and the big red seal stamped and signed from the Junta. states only my name and address and passport No: ... have use this for many years for different things.. [Get electric when house was built early 2004, Internet Contract, Mobile and home phone contracts, Driving Licences, buy/sell cars and Pickups, get mains water and so on]

Interesting:

A few months ago my friend needed to renew his drivers licence, so went to CM Immigration.

Fairly simple form, few documents and photo, in and out 30 minutes....500 Baht no receipt.

I needed one for the license, one for the car. Got both at the same time, 500 baht each, told me good for one month. They were written in Thai, but I don't think they stated the purpose, and I don't think they asked. I know the US Consulate (for 1500 baht) has an affidavit that you can specifically check the purpose, but the one at Immigration didn't seem to care, as long as you paid the fee.