Two Passport Applying By Post For New Tourist Visa

I have two legal passport from my home country. I told the embassy in my home country that I am currently in Thailand and applied for a dual entry tourist visa which I got and the guy told me it should be OK. Now I wanted to use my second tourist visa but the lady from the visa run company told me I cannot use it as I obtained while in Thailand. If I go by land the immigration office will see this as I will have to hand the 2 passports to him. Are they just protecting their business of 3 day trips to Malaysia for tourist visas?

If I go by plane and come back I will just show my second passport.

Anyone tried this? Can they cancel my valid tourist visa?

Thanks!

Entry into Thailand is always up to the immigraiton officer, that goes for any country.

You will have a problem if they spot that you got a visa while in Thailand itself. Don't know if it is actually illegal, but it will certainly raise red flags as to what you are doing in Thailand with 2 passports. You stand a good chance of being refused entry.

You won't be able to swap passports on a land run.

Going somewhere by air could be a solution swapping passports whilst in the plane.

I'm not sure of the legality of this process particularly as immigration know about both my UK passports (I've entered on both at some point in the past) and do seem to have made the connection that they are both me, during one entry the phrase 'new passport sir?' was used although there have have been no issues since when using the 'old' passport.

I do change passports, I've also got two legal passports, throughout the year without any problems. Not possible on the land way because the exit stamp is required/checked. On airplane no issues, just show the passport you like to use. I've never told custom of my second passport, I,m afraid it brings up too much questions.

fatfather

To my knowledge you can not apply and receive a visa from a consulate of thailand whilst still in Thailand.

I have just found out for the UK you should also actually be classed as a resident (of UK) when applying although the return address can be in the UK or Europe.

To my knowledge you can not apply and receive a visa from a consulate of thailand whilst still in Thailand.

I have just found out for the UK you should also actually be classed as a resident (of UK) when applying although the return address can be in the UK or Europe.

Thanks for all your answers folks! Will let you know if I have any problems. I will go to Malaysia present my "new" passport to Immigration there and will then turn up again in BKK with a passport that looks as if I came from Germany via Malaysia.

My next problem will however then be that I need a full year certificate that I have been in Thailand so I would

a. get two different certificates for 2 passport number

b. Show both passports at the same time and get one certificate

Anyone ever had problems with this at the local immigration?

@Moderator Two passports are mainly used to send one out to an embassy and still have a valid passport or to travel to Israel and Saudi Arabia which in the past was not allowed.

It is not illegal to have two passports, and governments issue multiple passports just for the reason you mention.

But the problem in this case is that you applied for a Thai visa while in Thailand itself. Thai immigration doesn't like that.

...My next problem will however then be that I need a full year certificate that I have been in Thailand so I would

Anyone ever had problems with this at the local immigration? ...

I don't know what this certificate you need is. It might present a problem if you have to show both passports to immigration for this purpose. They will then see that you obtained a new visa for Thailand in passport TWO when you were in Thailand on passport ONE, which is not one of the acceptable purposes of having two passports.

...My next problem will however then be that I need a full year certificate that I have been in Thailand so I would

Anyone ever had problems with this at the local immigration? ...

I don't know what this certificate you need is. It might present a problem if you have to show both passports to immigration for this purpose. They will then see that you obtained a new visa for Thailand in passport TWO when you were in Thailand on passport ONE, which is not one of the acceptable purposes of having two passports.

The big question is what will Thai Immigration do about it... Cancel my visa? Guess I will be getting my residemce certificate close to the end of my visa after two prolongements i.e. will be leaving the country 3 days later.

But my guess is noone can really tell for sure what and if immigraton will do something about it....

Bot even sure that they will realise it. Just prolonging my visa should be no problem to my understanding as I just turn up with one passport :-)