Australian Teacher Lucky To Be Alive After Being Shot In The Head In Chiang Mai

webfact

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />
<br />
<br />The bullet grazed the back of the Ms Cody's skull is in no way the same as shot in the head.<br />
<br /><br /><br />Actually they were just unlucky and drove into the path of a bullet, said the police report.<br />
<br /><br />And if they had not been in Thailand to begin with, this wouldn't have happened.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

This wouldn't have happened in a developed country.

It has and it does....

A kid was killed in a drive by in Manchester a few years back...

The bullet grazed the back of the Ms Cody's skull is in no way the same as shot in the head.

Actually they were just unlucky and drove into the path of a bullet, said the police report.

And if they had not been in Thailand to begin with, this wouldn't have happened.

And the logic behind this statement is...?

blink.gif

The incident was reported to local police, who are investigating.

Consider it solved.

:lol: most probably.

Actually thai police are pretty smart in solving cases especially getting leads etc. They may not be CSI but if the Australian Embassy is serious about getting to the bottom of this and piles pressure on the relevant authorities the results will come in. The shooting doesn't sound random but I think its premature to speculate.

Hopefully they won't just find a fall guy though.

Too right: the crack squad investigating the Kirsty Jones murder are being put onto this case. It won't be long now ....

Perhaps they were a little too aggressive in their bargaining in the market? It seems either they, or the owner/driver of the car made someone quite angry.

Unless there is a large amount of money involved--and this doesn't seem to be the case--then someone has lost face and is retaliating.

Guns: ?? At the time newly elected John Howard did something about them after 56 were killed and injured at the Port Arthur massacre in 1966:

the Federal Government introduced the Medicare Levy Amendment Act 1996 that provided the revenue for the National Firearms Program through a one-off 0.2% increase in the Medicare levy. Known as the gun buy-back scheme, it started across the country on the 1 October 1996 and concluded on the 30 September 1997 [22] to purchase and destroy all semi-automatic rifles including .22 rimfires, semi-automatic shotguns and pump-action shotguns. The buyback was predicted to cost $A500 million and had wide community support. (wikipedia)

It seems to have worked for OZ so far

What is your point, do you really think this could ever happen in Thailand?

You may recall that many of the firearms turned in / bought back ended up being resold. Maybe you should make the Thai police aware of the nice little earner they are missing out on and it will be implimented within 5 minutes.

A Warning... if one want's someone shot, will very rarely make mistake!

:whistling:

Or much more likely just rivalring stundents brawl stuff..

Yes, I'm sure that students from another college in Melbourne Australia followed them all the way to Chiang Mai just to fire off a couple of shots!

Very unusual to hear of such a case here in CM, guess there must be more to it than we know so far.

...as he said, desperately trying to protect the image of CM.

I've got news for you. This is an unusual case, period.

"Ringwood Secondary College principal Michael Phillips said: "Whilst the injury sustained by Lynda was serious, the incident was particularly stressful and both staff members will need counseling support as they realise how close they were to being shot..."

:blink: Does this guy speaky the English? What contradictions!

Oh, pu-leeeez. Is there anything humans don't need counseling or closure for? Bullied as children? Ignored by fathers? Ingrown toenails?

Go home and tell everyone about your near-death adventure in dangerous SEA! B)

I think it might be just a bit more serious than that. Maybe you can just laugh off a bullet grazing your head and spin it into a nice story for your friends, but for most people this becomes something they wish they could forget.

It's nice to hear that the woman just needed some stitches and was released from the hospital rather quickly.

dry.gif

If you observe closely from past and future events such as this - it is strongly suggesting that Farangs are being targeted in all areas of Thailand. There is a strong presence of "Farang Haters" amongst the general Thai population that have a skewed perception of farangs.

Very unusual to hear of such a case here in CM, guess there must be more to it than we know so far.

...as he said, desperately trying to protect the image of CM.

I've got news for you. This is an unusual case, period.

No it's not.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...iland-prof.html

Another TV poster from Chiang Mai started a thread a few years ago about how his daughter was shot while riding in their car exiting the Carrefour parking lot. This stuff happens all the time. No follow up. No consequences.

Edited by lannarebirth

"Ringwood Secondary College principal Michael Phillips said: "Whilst the injury sustained by Lynda was serious, the incident was particularly stressful and both staff members will need counseling support as they realise how close they were to being shot..."

Oh, pu-leeeez. Is there anything humans don't need counseling or closure for? Bullied as children? Ignored by fathers? Ingrown toenails?

Wow, so many A**holes on this forum, the lady almost lost her life because some scavenger of human misery decided to fire a gun.

Would love to hear what you would've done, had it been you?

If you observe closely from past and future events such as this - it is strongly suggesting that Farangs are being targeted in all areas of Thailand. There is a strong presence of "Farang Haters" amongst the general Thai population that have a skewed perception of farangs.

Roughly translated 'farang hater' must mean racist knobheads.

Condolences to the teacher.

Does not sound as a random shooting. What was behind it??

Hope she pulls through ok, especially mentally

Yaba ice and robbery gone wrong???? Too many Thai drug dealers / addicts carrying guns these days.

Hope the lady makes a full and swift recovery

Wow, so many A**holes on this forum, the lady almost lost her life because some scavenger of human misery decided to fire a gun.

1. What I would have done is irrelevant as I was not commenting on the victim, rather, (once you up your reading comprehensions skills you will notice this) I was commenting on the quote attributed to the principal.

2. Calling people names just because you do not agree with them is juvenile. Mommy know you're posting on the internet when you should be napping?

3. "...scavenger of human misery..."? :unsure:

<br />
<br />
<br />The bullet grazed the back of the Ms Cody's skull is in no way the same as shot in the head.<br />
<br /><br /><br />Actually they were just unlucky and drove into the path of a bullet, said the police report.<br />
<br /><br />And if they had not been in Thailand to begin with, this wouldn't have happened.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

This wouldn't have happened in a developed country.

Yeah, because nobody gets shot at in developed countries.

rolleyes.gif

1. What I would have done is irrelevant as I was not commenting on the victim, rather, (once you up your reading comprehensions skills you will notice this) I was commenting on the quote attributed to the principal.

2. Calling people names just because you do not agree with them is juvenile. Mommy know you're posting on the internet when you should be napping?

3. "...scavenger of human misery..."? :unsure:

I quite agree with you. If the actual report wasn't so serious. The OP would be rather humorous.

jb1

The incident was reported to local police, who are investigating.

Consider it solved.

:lol: most probably.

Actually thai police are pretty smart in solving cases especially getting leads etc. They may not be CSI but if the Australian Embassy is serious about getting to the bottom of this and piles pressure on the relevant authorities the results will come in. The shooting doesn't sound random but I think its premature to speculate.

Hopefully they won't just find a fall guy though.

I don't agree! If the Embassy puts pressure on the police to solve the case then some poor hill tribe boy will be picked up and beaten until he confesses.