British Convict Arrested In Bangkok

webfact

British convict arrested in Bangkok

A British man who has been convicted by a British court for soliciting Thai women for prostitution has been rearrested in Bangkok.

Thai police arrested Andrew Christopher Michael Wallace, 37, in Bangkok's Klong Toey district on Tuesday.

Wallace has been sentenced to two years in jail for trading Thai women for prostitution in England. He has been released on bail while appealing against the ruling.

He has fled to Thailand and the Thai police were informed by the British embassy to locate and arrest

Wallace was handed over to the British embassy Wednesday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-13

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So need all the farang owned but run by their Thai wives/girlfriends here on Phuket need worry then? Or is it only pimping Thai women outside Thailand a criminal offence?

Prositution itself in Thailand is an offence so I would assume living of the earnings of prostitution would also be an offence in Thailand.

So need all the farang owned but run by their Thai wives/girlfriends here on Phuket need worry then? Or is it only pimping Thai women outside Thailand a criminal offence?

Prositution itself in Thailand is an offence so I would assume living of the earnings of prostitution would also be an offence in Thailand.

hahahahhahahahahaa.... yeah, an 'offence'.

The Thai police really do a good job in stopping it don't they.

Prostitution in itself is legal, but living off the earnings of a prostitute in illegal, in Hong Kong. Anyone knows is there's something similar here?

A few yrs ago we raided an illegal brothel in an inner city suburb of Melbourne, where we located 7 Thai women ranging in ages from 21 to 32. The women had been coherced into travelling to Australia on the promises of a better life with the men whom they thought loved them. After arriving they were taken to the brothel where thier passports were siezed and forced to work in the sex industry. They were paid nothing just fed and all slept in a small room which was kept locked. The men involved were of middle eastern origin but where Australian citizens. They were charged with a number offfences including false imprisonment and sentenced to 3 yrs jail. The women were returned to Thailand.

There are possibably a number of Thai women who have fallen for this trap and are in various countries around the world. We do not know the background story involving this English guy but it makes me wonder if his is a similar event.

Edited by softgeorge

There are possibably a number of Thai women who have fallen for this trap and are in various countries around the world. We do not know the background story involving this English guy but it makes me wonder if his is a similar event.

It's not. The two women went willingly and told the court they were under no illusions what they were going to the UK for and also told the court they were treated well by Andrew Wallace, hence the relatively light sentence of two years he received.

Better not to speculate on things you know nothing about.

He had served his sentence and was out on license.

He breached the terms of said license by leaving the UK.

The article said he was appealing his sentence and was out on bail - not the same thing.

I expect it was more the people trafficking for the sex industry they were concerned about.

At least in the Bars in Thailand the girls are free to come and go.

Those trafficked to the west have their passports taken and are imprisoned to pay back the traffickers. And are forced to sleep with 20-30 men a day.

Very different scenarios.

The article said he was appealing his sentence and was out on bail - not the same thing.

The article is wrong. I have personal knowledge of the case.

It's not. The two women went willingly and told the court they were under no illusions what they were going to the UK for and also told the court they were treated well by Andrew Wallace, hence the relatively light sentence of two years he received.

Better not to speculate on things you know nothing about.

At no time was I speculating I said I did not know the background of the guy's story was just wondering. Sorry if I offended or upset you. Sorry for being merelt curious and this has upset you.

• Like 1

At no time was I speculating I said I did not know the background of the guy's story was just wondering. Sorry if I offended or upset you. Sorry for being merelt curious and this has upset you.

Not a problem. You obviously have experience of similar cases so just clarifying. :jap:

Not a problem. You obviously have experience of similar cases so just clarifying. :jap:

Cheers. Some of us do get a little interested in the big picture.:)

The arrested, and his pimp gang were (and still are) members on another Thai forum. (Think doors made of teak).

The members who evaded arrest are still posting there and say that the girls were hardened sex workers who were more than willing to ply their trade over there.

One of the members of the pimp gang is actually a (long timed) banned member from here, but is apparently a mod there.

Edited by hehehoho

The arrested, and his pimp gang were (and still are) members on another Thai forum. (Think doors made of teak).

The members who evaded arrest are still posting there and say that the girls were hardened sex workers who were more than willing to ply their trade over there.

One of the members of the pimp gang is actually a (long timed) banned member from here, but is apparently a mod there. :bah:

The girls worked in Soi Cowboy I believe.

Oberkommando, as you seem to know about this case better than the OP, can you tell if said person was involved in a Koh Samui real estate firm? I'm not suggesting anything, but the name rings a bell or two.

Oberkommando, as you seem to know about this case better than the OP, can you tell if said person was involved in a Koh Samui real estate firm? I'm not suggesting anything, but the name rings a bell or two.

No idea. I was only privy to what concerns this particular case. :jap:

Go back to sleep, Its Britain not America, He was out on bail pending an appeal.

In Britain when you have done your time then you have done your time

I expect it was more the people trafficking for the sex industry they were concerned about.

At least in the Bars in Thailand the girls are free to come and go.

Those trafficked to the west have their passports taken and are imprisoned to pay back the traffickers. And are forced to sleep with 20-30 men a day.

Very different scenarios.

That is a lot of sleeping, well Thai ladies can sleep a lot

Go back to sleep, Its Britain not America, He was out on bail pending an appeal.

In Britain when you have done your time then you have done your time

Incorrect. He wasn't on bail. He had served a year of his two year sentence, was out on license, and skipped the country. By doing so he broke the conditions of his license.

Google 'release on temporary license' (ROTL) to get further information.

Edited by Oberkommando

The arrested used to be a share holder in a popular pub in Bangkok. Members of the gang (from Newcastle) used to meet there apparently. It's suspected that interpol are currently seeking their arrest.

Edited by hehehoho