And So You Bought The Sg2

Not sure if I'm missing a setting somewhere but there's one thing that I don't like about my S2: If the phone runs out of charge and switches off before I put it on charge and go to bed then, when the phone has recharged, it doesn't switch itself back on. Therefore my morning wake up alarm doesn't work. My old iPhone 3Gs did this.

I still prefer the S2 to the iPhone but this problem pisses me off a bit (unless there's something I can configure to make it happen).

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mick

Maybe I don't understand what you are looking for here but if you leave the phone on while being charged then you don't have an issue of the phone not being on. If you have no charge left and the phone turns off then how would it turn back on? If you then plug it into a charger then you can turn it on yourself and it will be on when you wake (and fully charged)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay, I think that I tried that last night. The phone was dead, I plugged in the charger and pushed the button on the side and the large battery charging icon appeared in the middle of the screen. Maybe I needed to press and hold to turn on properly. It's just that the iPhone did this automatically (without having to try and switch it on) and I was expecting my S2 to do the same.

phoenominal phone but a bit let down by the crappy battery life and from empty it takes about 3.5 hours to charge it

they should have put a higher capacity battery in it + a charger that can blast power into it if its going to drink so much juice

I agree. The battery life, irrespective of what kernel is flashed, really does truly suck. Standby is ok, but I did not buy this bad girl to just let her lie there in vain.

The screen is a battery hog. When I use wifi and play internet radio with the screen off, it lasts forever! Typically 8% used after 1.5 hours, which is good.clap2.gif

When I go to starbucks to piss people off, the app I use takes 10% off the battery within 10 minutes.huh.png

Edited by Somtamnication

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1282900 but this is more fun http://droidsheep.de/?page_id=23 At least so i hear whistling.gif

When I go to starbucks to piss people off, the app I use takes 10% off the battery within 10 minutes.huh.png

I want that app.. would you mind sharing the name...?

cheers.. grabbed them both.. ohh I like this :)

Edited by Jayman

Oh, the best one has not been mentioned. he he he he he. Oh, man, I will go to hell for this.... search for network spoofer. After you install it, there is a 100 meg download, but oh, is it sooooooooooo mucho more fun than the other two mentioned above.

The only problem is, that you should not drink coffee while doing it, cause you will spit it out with laughter!

• Like 1

Oh, the best one has not been mentioned. he he he he he. Oh, man, I will go to hell for this.... search for network spoofer. After you install it, there is a 100 meg download, but oh, is it sooooooooooo mucho more fun than the other two mentioned above.

The only problem is, that you should not drink coffee while doing it, cause you will spit it out with laughter!

I'm testing this one on my own network but it doesn't seem to be working. Not sure if DD-wrt is stopping the arp hijack of the router or what. I'll keep playing with it.

Enable all in settings, rather than choose one ip to spoof to.

yeah I don't see any spoofing when I do that. About all I get is all my network clients can't connect to anything (LAN and WIFI) but nothing is being spoofed or redirected.

if yourr phone is rooted ad running custom rom ,enable the virtual hotspot .........then call it "free hi speed public wifi " or something tempting and watch how many people you see struggling to get logged on with their macbooks and ipads andn tablets :D

Anyone know of an on-line accessory shop with stuff for the S2? I'm specifically looking for a windscreen mount so i can use it as a gps in the car.

Or any other tips to stop it falling off the dashboard!!

Cheers

I would recommend looking at ebay. I have ordered all my accessories from ebay and they all came with free shipping to Thailand. Some came from Korea but most came from China.

I did just that, purchased from Ebay, and Paypal have kindly frozen my paypal account while they investigate.

(I assume investigate why someone with a US address is shipping stuff to Thailand, but who knows!)

I would call paypal to get the account unlocked. I too have US based paypal account with address and had all my goods shipped to Thailand.

toll free number: 1-888-221-1161.

4:00 AM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday

6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time Saturday and Sunday

Please note that hours of operation may vary on holidays

Edited by Jayman

Anyone know of an on-line accessory shop with stuff for the S2? I'm specifically looking for a windscreen mount so i can use it as a gps in the car.

Cheers

I would recommend looking at ebay. I have ordered all my accessories from ebay and they all came with free shipping to Thailand. Some came from Korea but most came from China.

Cheers have just ordered so will see how long it takes

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Cheers

Cheers have just ordered so will see how long it takes

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

In my experience it takes between 1-3 weeks from china post to Thailand.

I take it from the last few messages in the thread that I'm unlikely to find an answer, but I'll ask anyway...

Has anyone found a local store selling accessories for the sgs2 - not just the usual crap like screen protectors and covers, but in particular the fat battery (and obviously a new back cover) - either in Chiang Mai area or Bkk/other with online ordering?

I take it from the last few messages in the thread that I'm unlikely to find an answer, but I'll ask anyway...

Has anyone found a local store selling accessories for the sgs2 - not just the usual crap like screen protectors and covers, but in particular the fat battery (and obviously a new back cover) - either in Chiang Mai area or Bkk/other with online ordering?

Your not going to find the 2000 mah battery and back cover in bangkok, if you do your lucky. Ebay has versions but they are for they Korean model that has the nfc chip in the battery and the back cover will NOT fit without modifications ( filing down several tabs). Sites like http://www.expansys.com/ have them but the shipping is really expensive. Best bet is to have someone buy one take it out of the packaging put the battery and cover wrapped in an old t-shirt, then marked used items on the customs form.